• Tweets

• In August 2018, I took out a 2 year contract with Virgin-pay monthly with handset included and payment by DD.   Everything went fine until February 2020 when a new second DD appeared for £6 with a number that I did not recognize-as it was clearly a mistake, Virgin refunded the £6, I cancelled the DD.   In March 2020 the DD amount had been added onto my main account as a second line with handset. There were now also details of a loan in the amount of £204 for purchase of the handset. I asked for details of this handset-what type it was, where it had been sold, any evidence that I had purchased it, any documents with my signature on. Virgin's reply was that 'I had bought it at my local store'(they couldn't specify which one) and that the fact I had a handset(I have not received anything) was proof that I had signed to this.   In April I put in a SAR request for any documents showing that I was responsible for this. It took until June for a reply(I was generous with them because of the coronavirus) when files were sent, but there was no password included to actually access the files.  Repeated requests for it got nowhere and in August the contract terminated and I moved to 3. However, Virgin still had me registered as a customer on a second line and are attempting to take money out via DD which is now showing as a failed payment. They also have a default on my credit report for the £204.   I repeatedly requested the password but this was not supplied, Virgin stating that they had fulfilled the SAR by sending the files, whether or not they could actually be accessed.    Finally on 29/9 I was promised the password would be sent to me by text message within 3-5 working days. When that didn't arrive, I was told once again that they had fulfilled the SAR and that if I kept asking for the password, the SAR would be rejected as 'repetitive demands'. Then I was told they would supply the password, but it would take up to 30 days.    Today I have been told that my SAR has been rejected(no reason given) and that they only have to supply data from the last 3 months.    I am desperate to get this removed from my credit file, Virgin have provided no evidence, refusing SAR requests(sent by email and mail) and are now in breach of GDPR for failing to provide the data in a timely manner.   Any help on what my next step is to proceed will  be muchly appreciated!     
    • Even Bernard Jenkin of all people is saying that Dido should go, that was quite a surprise this morning in the Guardian.
    • Over 832k signatures on End child food poverty - no child should be going hungry Gov petition   https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/554276
    • Send the SAR again registered post they have to reply. If they don't a Solicitor's letter will be the quickest way to remedy that. Glad you got the apology letter, keep safe with your Swift paperwork. A Solicitor will be able to point you in the right direction during this process of how best you can tackle Swift. Please come back to update.
    • hi.  i think they will be able to say manifest error that the markets stipulated some interest payment.  but the amount depends on central banks / libor rate ect and the amount of currency held and the length of time held. but they have deducted far too much so i am just wandering what sort of breaches i could write in the poc   thank you
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Can i clarify something regarding re-possesion?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4482 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Gregg, you need to get those papers to the court today..... and then make a payment before the hearing.

(the last bullet point has moved to the left during the cut & paste, it needs to line up under the others).

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only get to court after 5pm owing to travel & work.

Can you advise on the question regarding where i can live should they go ahead with re-possesion?

Hi there, if you mean Q.26 - then tick the box for NO (you wouldn't have anywhere to live).

What time does your local court close - most of them are 4.30 - and you need to hand it in personally to get a date for the hearing.

Ell

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Sorry - fingers working in front of brain today !!! :oops:

I meant to say - to get the papers in 7 days before the date of the hearing.

The other option is to send them by special delivery (£4-odd).

Ell

i live & work in different parts of the country. I can only hand deliver on my return this evening. No other way.

I have just noticed another form - Personal Financial Declaration. It seems to be asking very similar questions to the defence form.

I take it i do this one as well?

Has the Personal Financial Declaration come from the court (i.e. part of the defence form N11M?) or has the lender sent it?

Sorry for delay in getting back to you, been travelling home.

OK, no need to send that form in, the info the judge needs is on the N11M.

Well, all put in their mailbox. I did put the other form and was slightly concerned about a question regarding if the property was up for sale and if so, what price. I did complete it!!

Anyway, i am semi hopefull of raising some money by Monday which should reduce arrears dramitically before hearing.

I will keep you posted.

Is there another way of sending a donation to you guys other than on-line.

You have been immense in a very very stressful time.

Thank you

Hi Gregg, as soon as you have made the payment towards the arrears let me know and I'll complete the statement for you to take to court with you on the day.

Can you ring the court this morning and ask them to destroy the other sheet you sent - tell them you sent it in error as it should have gone to the lender not the court.

Regarding a donation to the site - I will get the details for you of how to make payment other than paypal and get back to you.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Hi, as you may recall, i have a hearing on Wednesday. I have possibly managed to raise some funds.

On the court form completed there seemed to be a lot of emphasis on whether i disputed figure owing. At the time, i didnt really think this something to quibble with and just said ...No.

Now being in a position to potentially pay an amount that could stop the hearing, the amount owing seems very high. It looks like their costs have really affected the total amount owing. My arrears are about 3 - 4 months. According to their statement, i am about 8 months overdue. It appears they have really bumped up the amount for the hearing. When i say "them" i mean the solicitors who seem to be extremely dodgy. There seems to be a difference of about £2k.

Any suggestions?

It's likely they will have included June's payment which was probably not due until the end of June? or they could have included their legal costs.

Are you making a payment by telephone today? if so ask for the balance of your arrears- not your arrears plus their legal costs!! and then we will do a statement for you to take to court, showing what you have paid and disputing the arrears balance.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

I called them directly and asked for arrears. The amount they gave was completly different to ones supplied on court papers.

I am going to try and raise funds and pay into account today/tommorow. They have given me a figure that they say thay will stop proceedings if i pay in. There is a chance i may raise it

OK, but don't believe them when they say they will stop proceedings ! They may tell you you don't need to attend the hearing, but more than likely they will not cancel and send their representive who will get a suspended possession by default - you will have had no idea what has been said at the hearing ! (this has happened on several occasions).

ALWAYS check with the court on the morning it was scheduled, that the hearing is cancelled - if it isn't - you need to show up and defend yourself.

We should prepare a statement tomorrow in case you need to attend.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Hi,

well, i have managed to raise the figure i was told would stop proceedings. I am going to pay this in as cash (hope i dont get mugged!) shortly.

I will let you know when done.

Great Stuff! don't forget to ring the court first thing in the morning - if the hearing is still scheduled - you must turn up. As it's their application they could get a suspended possession in your absence, and then you have a whole lot of grief trying to get it overturned.

Ell x

I think we are coming close to you being able to be shot of me.

Just a last bit of advice. I have paid cash in and rang the solicitors. They have said to fax receipt over but they also said it wont show on Abbey records...which i find strange as it is a cash payment at about 11am.

What am i asking for on fax? Am i asking for hearing to be stopped? Just want the correct terminology

On another note, i opened a paypal account yesterday and will be giving donation as soon as i work out how to put money on my paypal account

Hi there, payment probably won't show on Abbey records until tomorrow. What receipt for payment do you have?

Just send a fax as follows:

To:

Fax No:

Date:

No of Pages:

Dear (name of guy you spoke to)

RE: Account No:

Case NO:

Please find affixed a copy of the receipt obtained this morning for payment of £XXX in respect of the above account.

This now completely clears any arrears on the account and I request that you make arrangements to cancel the court hearing scheduled to take place tomorrow.

Please also confirm receipt of this fax and that you have indeed cancelled the hearing.

Regards

Mrs XXXX

Take a photocopy of the receipt and affix as page 2.

But still phone the court in the morning ! or you could end up with an adjournment with leave to restore at any time.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

PS - we don't want shot of you - your experience of this type of situation will be of value to others on the site.

Ell

Gregg, if you read posts nos 8 to 13 on this thread you will see why it is important to ring the court and check on the cancellation of the hearing!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/150366-welcome-asking-refinance-my.html

Ell

Hi all on this thread. Can anyone tell me exactly what a suspended possesion order is? And If I have made a reasonable offer before this takes place can I stop one (SPO) also sorry if I am interupting:o do I need to start my own thread on these issues:confused:

“I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.”

Hi there, I will move your post to a new thread in the Repossessions Forum - thread called Suspended Possession Order?

I will reply to it there.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn