Can i clarify something regarding re-possesion?

Gregg500
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Just to let you know, i paid the money.

The solicitors said i didnt need to go to court...so i didnt. I rang the court on the morning and they said it was still due to take place. I faxed a letter to judge explaining situation. The solicitors said that they needed to turn up to explain the situation as it was short notice and assured me that was all.

I need a holiday!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Methinks the solicitors are telling porkies Gregg! They do not need to turn up to explain the situation - all they have to do is ring the court and cancel the hearing!!

I bet the solicitors asked for an adjournment with leave to restore. Ring the court today and ask if that's what happened.

Ell

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I think you are probably correct.

I had a possible client who after months and months of chasing, decided they wanted to see us yesterday. As this is not the sort of thing you advertise as going through, i had to go to meeting but as i say, managed to fax the court and confirm that my fax was presented to judge. I was very concise in fax that i had been told not to attend and that the hearing would be cancelled. The reason that the solicitors gave on phone was that they were at court all day.

What is the downside to an adjournment..assuming i keep up payments? None, i would assume?

Well you need to find out the timescale for their leave to restore - is it 6 months, 12 months, indefinite ? and then challenge it...

They are so sneaky, you should never trust them Gregg.

Obviously if you keep your payments up there should be no problem, but you DO need to find out what the actual outcome was yesterday - the court will be able to tell you.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, well i think i can finally give a final reply to this advernture.

Havent heard anything since court date from either lender or solicitor. I was begining to get concerned and my dread was getting home and finding a letter that said in my absence possesion had been granted.

You may recall, i had called the court just before the hearing and then sent a fax confirming i had been told not to go to court by the solicitor as they would cancel.

Well, a letter came yesterday and basically said that in my absence......and the absence of the claimant....i was free to go.

What a relief! Once again, thank you for being absolutely superb in your help.

I now have a paypal account and will be very pleased to make a donation to this site

Hi there, that's good news :) what exactly does the letter say?

(just me being pernickity :D )

Ell

No problem Gregg, I'm on holiday next week, but will see it on my return.

Ell