Blair, Oliver and Scott

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone else had dealing with these people?

We owe money to intelligent finance who handed the debt to Blair Oliver. We have a debt managment plan with Payplan and they are paying money to Blair Oliver every month on our behalf.

Every month Blair Oliver phone demanding more money, we say no, they get nastier and threaten court action and I tell them to go ahead if they think that is what they need to do. Needless to say nothing ever comes of the court threat. Payplan had advised that we pay them nothing over the phone.

Is there anyway I can get them to stop phoning? It has got to the point that I hang up on them to save another argument.

Hi there

Send them this:

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Dear Sirs

Harassment by telephone

FORMAL COMPLAINT UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 2006 COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Please treat this also as a formal complaint, and send me a copy of your company complaints procedure.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE] (type don't sign)

Don't sign the letter and send recorded (or special if you can afford) keep the receipt safe.

You might what to read the following thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/99376-telephone-harassment-action-plan.html

and this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/99361-you-being-harassed-telephone.html

Remeber NEVER talk to them on the phone......NEVER

Hope this helps

Edited by Tartan Barty

I have dealt with B O &S for sometime and like all debt collection services they act as bullies. Stand up to them and they back down. I have told all debtors that I am unable to discus matters by telephone and threaten them with the Disability Discrimination Act if they insist I phone them. This usually stops the phone calls. I also always insist on everything in writing now, having fallen foul of a telephone agreement 20 years ago.

Interesting to note they have never answered a single one of my letters.

Hi as you are with Payplan they are breaching OFT guidelines by contacting you directly

(d) contacting debtors directly and bypassing their appointed representatives

I am in DMP with another group B.O.S contacted me directly as with you I informed my DMP and they made a formal complaint to both B.O.S and OFT. I got further phone calls for another three days then they stopped no calls for two months now and still paying the same amount each month.

dpick:)

Hi. No not in any payplan or similar arrangement. I was in one several years ago until I realised that out of £600 a month, they were creaming off more than £100 so I canceled and arranged my own agreements direct. It means more work but gives me more control and I have fun taking these and other 'bullies' to task.

• 2 months later...

yes blair oliver and scott creamed off three hundred and seventy four pounds and six pence from my monthly measly part time salary stripping it to the bone and leaving me one pence to live on for the month, when I rang them today the woman on the premium phone line cut me off......

First pay them what you can afford and not anymore, if this means altering a budget plan do it. You'd be surprised how high you can go before it's questioned.

Secondly,why are you calling them? It's expensive and pointless.

Write and never answer withheld numbers.

Simple really

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

• 11 months later...

I am unsure what to do... i have just checked my online banking and £230 has been taken from my account! I called up the bank and they said Blair Oliver & Scott took the money! I have never even heard of them let alone gave permission for money to be taken out of my account! The person on the phone said it could be that i have a credit card and they are taking the money for that but i have a payment plan worked out with the bank!!

What I can't understand is how this shower of bandits got access to your bank account. However, it would be wise to change banks and have your income paid into another account. (Basic bank Account) Don't under any circumstances give details of the account to the brain dead. If you could let us know the level of debt and any assets you have, it may be possible to offer further assistance.

Remember that Blair Oliver and Scott are in house DCA's for HBoS. Furthermore never enter in to telephone conversation with any collection agent regardless of what they threaten you with. Pen to paper accuracy is more than these pea brains can cope with

• 1 month later...

The very same thing has just happened to me jiggly 87t. I checked my online banking and the b*stards took £100 on th 4/11 and a further £260 yesterday. I haven't used this current account for that very reason for years and only put money in there to pay Mortgage and Council tax arrears by debit card. I posted my own thread today about this but not had a reply yet.

I went down the CCA route with Halifax cc services this time last year and they passed it to Blair witch, I sent a 'I do not acknowledge any debt to your company so prove it' letter and no CCA arrived they passed it onto Moorcroft debt recovery and I sent them the same letter and yet again, no reply and no CCA. Is there a way to get this money back, customer relations told me to ring BOS direct which Im reluctant to do, but Im also of the opinion that if they cannot supply me with a valid CCA, they cannot prove I owe this money and have therefore stolen it......

Hi, horsemad1.

Although there is no CCA, the debt still exists, only they cannot take you to court for it, any payments on the account , I think are looked on as gifts or goodwill payments :confused:

I think the best thing you could do is move your account somewhere else, so they cannot dip into it.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert