NatWest taking me to court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Paul,

It is now seven days since their solicotors received the letter you drafted for me. The CCBC has replied to my defence letter saying they have informed the claimants of my defence and giving them 28 days to reply. Pretty standard stuff I suppose. You asked me to let you know when I reached this point so you could consider the next move. xxxxxx have not replied to any of my requests (CCA, CPR, and now your last letter regarding my inability to defend the claim). I also sent for and recieved the two forms you advised me to get, so I think I am pretty much up to date. What do you think is the next step?

Best wishes

Westie

Edited by Westie1

Hi Westie,

i will post up an application for an order tonight plus instructions etc to take to the court mate,

if they wont play then we ask the court to kick their butt

Im sorry for not getting back to you last night but i had a couple of extremely urgent cases come up

regards

paul

Hi Westie

righty then

take out the N244 and do the following

in box 3 type

An order (a draft of which is attached) that the claimants claim be struck out pursuant to rule 3.4(2)(a) of the CPR because the matters raised in the claim are totally inadequate and do not amount to a legitimate claim and the statement of case fails in its entirety to comply with the CPR part 16

para 4 tick yes

para 5 at hearing

para 6 15 minutes

para 7 is self explanatory

para 8 District judge

para 9 the Claimant

para 10 the evidence set out in the box below

then in the box write the following

the claimants statement of case is vague and does not identify a legitimate cause of action nor does it identify the claimants case sufficiently enough to all me to file any kind of defence

the statement of case fails to comply with the CPR part 16 even giving allowance for the Northampton Bulk Regime restrictions

no details of the nature of the agreement referred to are offered, no account number nor any details of how the sums claimed are accrued and as a direct result of this i was unable to file any defence to the claim.

on xxxxxx i wrote to the claimant (a copy of the letter is attached) asking that they file an amended set of particulars to allow me to know what case it is that they are bringing against me. the claimant has ignored this request and as a result i ask the court consider striking out the claimants statement of case as disclosing no reasonable grounds for bringing the claim pursuant to CPR 3.4(2)(a) as the defendant is a litigant in person and is left at a servere disadvantage and unable to effectively defend this claim as a result of the claimants failure to follow the basic rules of pleading in accordance with the CPR

in the alternative the defendant asks that the court make an order that unless the claimant do file an amended statement of case within 7 days the claim will be struck out without further order

that should do the job

then

attach the draft order which i will post up in a mo and we should be opn our way to getting this dealt with

IN THE XXXXXXX COUNTY COURT Claim No:

BETWEEN:

[ ]

Claimant

and

[ ]

Defendant

draft/ORDER

UPON reading the Defendant's Application Notice dated [ ]

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

1. The claim is struck out pursuant to CPR 3.4(2)(a).

2. The Defendant do pay the Claimant's costs at an amount to be decided by the court.

that is what i would send to the court

you will most likely have to attend a hearing at the local court so i hope that wont be too much of a problem for you but it may bring an end to this

Thanks Paul, I have prepared the forms. I have to wait a couple of days for an up-to-date letter from the benefits office to prove my entitlement for fee exemption (the one I have is over one month old). As soon as this comes I will be posting all the forms to the court (by Friday I think).

Thanks for your help, you've been brilliant. I will keep you posted of any further developments.

Cheers

Westie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

I sent the N244 and EX160 as you advised and the court received them on Aug 5th. I have now received from Northampton a form N150 Allocation Questionnaire, which has to be returned to my local court. I am a bit confused how to answer some of the questions and was hoping you could advise me. I am still in the same position with NatWest, as they have not replied to any of the previous requests for info (CPR, CCA, and the letters Paul drafted for me) that I have sent.

Thanks

Westie

Edited by Westie1

Hi Westie1

sorry but i have been unavailable, i have my exams looming up on me and i had to take some time out to catchup on a few things plus my business needed my attention

Right then, you have an N150?

ok, it may be an idea to check with the court what is happening with the application, it should have been listed by now, give the court a call on monday, just to double check and then let me know,

the N150 is not hard to fill in so dont panic, we can sort this, and you do have a bit of time to fill it in

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

I know that CCBC Northampton received the N244 on Aug 4th. I have phoned my local court to check if it has been forwarded to them, but they tell me they have quite a back-log of post so they can't tell me. She did say not to worry as it will automatically get forwarded from Northampton anyway.

Sorry for not replying sooner but I missed the email notification letting me know you had replied.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Westie

Edited by Westie1

Just wondering if any of the site team can help with my AQ, which I need to get in on Friday. Paul has been brilliant but I think he is a bit tied up this week. I need some help with filling out the AQ as we have already put in an N244 (see posts above)

Many thanks

Westie

If that doesn't get it sorted for you, post back here with any Q's.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick132, I,ve looked at the advice thread by Paul but I'm still unsure. Can I ask you to go through the form with me as I don't know how to answer the questions when I've already sent in an N244.

A) settlement: Do I answer NO to the question asking about settling before the hearing, as I have never received any documents from NatWest?

B) Do I answer YES to the location because I need it to be at my local court?

C) Pre-action protocols: Do I answer NO I have not complied with Pre-AP because I don't have the documents, or is my answer YES because I have requested them?

D) Case management info: where it asks for the amount of claim, do I write IN DISPUTE as I don't agree with their claim, or do I put in the amount they are claiming on the original court claim?

On 1st Aug I sent in an application notice N244 that Paul drafted, what do I put TO BE STRUCK OUT where it asks what it was for? Also I can't fill out the box 'for a hearing on' as I dont know when.

I understand the bit about me being a witness and I don't need expert evidence.

Would I be right in thinking this is FAST TRACK?

How long should I put for the hearing? On the N244 I put 15 minutes as per Paul's instructions, should I do the same here?

F) Directions: Do I just answer NO?

I) Other info: Do I attach a copy of the N244 and also all the other letters I have sent to NatWest, or are they asking for any formal documents like contracts etc?

Where it asks about intending to make any applications in the immediate future, do I state I already have sent the N244 on Aug 1st?

What am I supposed to put in the large box asking for any other info to help the judge manage the claim?

Sorry if this is a lot of questions, but I believe it is important to get it right at this stage. The NatWest have not replied to a single letter I have sent asking for info under the CCA and CPR, so I can't get my defence organised at all.

Thanks for your help

Westie

Edited by Westie1

Hi Westy

Have a look at this thread towards the end N150 AQ

Above 5k yes Fast track

paperclip.gif NatWest Keep racking up the interest - PART II

Regards

Andy;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy, Thanks, I've taken what I think is the right way to answer this AQ. Can you check this please? Here goes:

Sent copy of this form to other party: ticked YES.

A) Settlement: Do I want to settle at this stage: ticked NO.

Reason: Claimants have not replied to defendant's previous requests for information under CPR, therefore the defendant cannot effectively defend the claim.

B) Location: ticked NO.

C) Pre-action protocols: ticked YES.

D) Case management info: amount of claim in dispute: (as per their claim).

Applications: ticked YES.

For what: TO BE STRUCK OUT.

For hearing on: left blank.

Witnesses: MYSELF. To which facts: ALL FACTS IN THE CASE.

Experts: ticked NO.

Track: ticked FAST TRACK.

E) Trail: How long: 15 MINUTES. this is what I put on the N244, is it ok to put the same on here??

F) Proposed directions: ticked NO to both.

G) Costs: left blank.

H) Fee: ticked NO. (I have already sent an EX160 exemption form with the N244).

I) Other info: Have I attached docs: ticked NO.

Sent to other parties: ticked NO.

Do I intend to make any applications in the near future: ticked NO.

How does this look?

Edited by Westie1

Hi Westy yes thas fine just one point:-

E) Trail: How long: 15 MINUTES. this is what I put on the N244, is it ok to put the same on here??

Allow for 3/4 hours this is the trial length not an AN hearing.Court will advse if incorrect

Regards

Andy:)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Cheers Andy, Just one thing more, can I send an unsigned copy to natwest as I (along with others on this forum) am a bit unhappy about sending them a copy with my real signature on it?

Cheers Andy, Just one thing more, can I send an unsigned copy to NatWest as I (along with others on this forum) am a bit unhappy about sending them a copy with my real signature on it?
Absolutly Westie

I wish you well with you case

Regards

Andy;)

Cheers Andy, Just one thing more, can I send an unsigned copy to NatWest as I (along with others on this forum) am a bit unhappy about sending them a copy with my real signature on it?

Hi Westie1

I'm not absolutely certain on this, but I don't think you are actually obliged to send NastyWest a copy of your AQ. I think it is done more out of courtesy than anything else.

Certainly in my case I did not not send HFC a copy of my AQ, conversely I did not receive a copy of theirs.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Westie1

I'm not absolutely certain on this, but I don't think you are actually obliged to send NastyWest a copy of your AQ. I think it is done more out of courtesy than anything else.

Certainly in my case I did not not send HFC a copy of my AQ, conversely I did not receive a copy of theirs.

Cheers

Rob

Rob file and serve!

The Court expects each party to file their AQ at Court, and each party is required to serve a copy on their opponents. The exchange of documents between parties, is expected from the beginning of the case. So that would include AQ's, disclosure statements and pre-trial checklists as an example. AQ's are not confidential and if you don't send your opponent a copy, chances are they will file an Application Notice looking for your case to be struck out. The offending party would then receive a further Order giving them a last chance to serve the AQ by a specified date. If it's not done, the non-compliant party would lose the case.

If they haven't complied with Court Directions, that tells you they are highly unlikely to even turn up to argue their case! You have complied, so even if they did turn up, you can point out to the Judge all the things they have neglected to do! You might resent having to send things off their sols and file stuff at Court, when they're doing nothing, but if you're doing things right, nobody can fault you on your efforts can they?

I would insist on seeing a copy of my opponents AQ

Regards

Andy:cool:

• Haha 1