• Tweets

• did you submit your directions
    • They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Can they do this...Amber Home Loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Can anyone give me some advice please,

I have recently remortgaged, moving from GMAC to Amber Home Loans. I saved myself £230 per month by paying off my other mortgage and a loan.

I was offered my remortgage over 22 years at a fixed rate for 2 years. The payment was £911 per month. I have paid one payment.

I received a letter over the weekend stating my payment is now £917..£6 increase.

I called Amber Home Loans to ask how my payment had increased. They said every 3 months they review accounts and can adjust the amount if they like. Surely they cant do this, can they?

I was sold this stating that figure would not change for 2 years as fixed.

I have only been with them 1 month, so why review now if done every 3 months? Also, at this rate I could be paying over £1000 per month next year.

Can anyone help me??

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Sharon

HALIFAX: PRE 6 year claim 1991-2006 WON 21/3/07 £2616

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £800.22

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £325.75

AQUA - MCOL 2/3/07 £172.79

ABBEY - MCOL 2/3/07 £261.37

HALIFAX VISA - WON default removal 19/3/07

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

GMAC -MCOL 7/2/07 £189.85

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

It really depends what your offer said. Dig it out and read the Section on payments. It usually says 24 payments of ....then XXX months at £....

Sometimes depending on lender it will say 1 payment of then 23 payments of then XXX months at....

Does that make any sense? Have a read it is your best document. If the figure is the £911 as you think fixed for two years then "no" they can't change this if they feel like it...

If you could type up what it says there I (and others no doubt) will try to help,

Penfold

Hi

I am typing the offer which was in their mortgage offer which I signed for and returned:

What you will need to pay each month

These payments are based on a mortgage of £129,049.00 and includes the fees that are shown in Section 8 as being added to your mortgage. It is assumed that the mortgage will start on the 1 April 2008 (which it did):

26 payments at a fixed rate of 6.39% £911.49

followed by

238 payments at a variable rate, currently 7.8% £1,015.55

Also, states:

As the interest rate is fixed until 31/5/10, this means that your monthly payments will not charge if there are interest rate changes during this period.

The monthly payments shown in this offer could be considerably different if interest rates change.

So now what can I do?

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

They CANNOT change the payments...Ring and speak to someone else and ask why a fixed rate has been changed post completion of the offer, which clearly states £911.49...

Hope that helps,

Penfold

We were with Amber and they did the same thing. :o The rates are ' libor linked and change quarterly.............. !!!!! we found over the three years we had the mortgage the figure continually went uo and down ( more up ) We were recently offered a new deal recently as we are due to remortgage and guess what it was the same kind of deal !! I would never ever go down that line again .................

penfold...... Do you know if mortgage companies look at old defaults that are sitting on credit file ??

Hi Jake,

That is the way with LIBOR rates, they can change depending on the LIBOR rate, nothing untowards there, but your mortgage broker should have explained this to you...

As for old defaults, they are usually ignored by most non-conforming lenders, which means "generally" High street lenders won't lend to people with adverse credit, although Abbey will sometimes depending on how much, how long ago and if it was satisfied...The others as I said above will usually ignore defaults unless they are very recent and huge...Missed mortgage payments, bankrupcies and CCJ's do the most damage.

Don't know if that helps or not,

Penfold

We had a nightmare with amber , :o and an even worse time with the so called broker we went to !! He did not tell us that the mortgage was linked to the LIBOR rate, hence our mortgage was never stable. It also shot up nearly £250 per month when we went on the the SVR ........ Again we were stuck as the fees for early redemption are £6000 . We now have securitized mortgage , as amber sold the deal to redstone to administer !! Thankfully just a few months left.................

My reasons for asking about the defaults are that most of them are due to disappear in 2003........ leaving a few stragglers . I am trying to tidy up my credit file before remortgaging...... Our bank (BOS) have BM solutions that we could maybe try. For a half descent rate they accept 1 ccj but it doesn't mention defaults ???? maybe I am just being toooo hopeful ? :rolleyes:

The mainstream product will allow 1 satisfied default upto £250...BM Solutions Near prime ignores all defaults. I understand they are not really doing much adverse (non-conforming) so really I suggest you find a local broker to discuss your position with and ensure they fully explain to you who they choose and why...

Penfold

Many thanks for your advice.. Problem is trying to find a broker who doesn't charge ??

And don't use an Estate Agents one! It is hard and with the market changing more brokers are charging...Worst case find one who will do it for the least amount...They should be declaring on their initial disclosure documents what they will charge so they should not be hiding anything.

Edited by Penfold92
spelling lol

Can I go back to my questions please, Amber nor Crystal Clear told me about this rate, they promised me this rate was fixed for 2 years and would not change.

What can I do?? Rang Amber and explained missold this remortgage. They are sending me a letter out explaining why gone up but I clearly not afford for this to go up. Fixed rate surely means FIXED AND CANNOT MOVE

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

Hi WILKINSS208

Re Amber mortgage :- We also assumed that we were on fixed rate !

we went to financial ombudsman to report the broker who sold us the mortgage and were more or less told that because we had signed on the dotted line that we had no claim. !!

We are due to remortgage and were offered a deal of 6.3% discounted rate for two years. Being VERY wary after the last time I checked all the paperwork and yet again it was a quarterly rate change .............!

Hopefully you will not be in the same situation , keep me posted on how you get on. ( our loan also suddenly changed mid way to Redstone mortgages........ ?? ) Seems that they are just administrators for Amber.

Hope this helps you . If you have any other questions please ask......

hi

mine states FIXED RATE not discounted rate and they are different. I am awaiting letter then will post details of that on here.

I am not letting them get away with it and the Broker I had have said to give them a ring if I am still not happy which I will do. I will also be contacting my local MR JUSTICE in the paper to see if he can help.

I borrowed £129K which is alot and my payments at £911 whiches states fixed for 2 years. They cannot change this surely!

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

Can I go back to my questions please, Amber nor Crystal Clear told me about this rate, they promised me this rate was fixed for 2 years and would not change.

What can I do?? Rang Amber and explained missold this remortgage. They are sending me a letter out explaining why gone up but I clearly not afford for this to go up. Fixed rate surely means FIXED AND CANNOT MOVE

Post 4, already agreed with you that it should and cannot change. Did anything get added post offer to the loan that was not there before? Arrangement fee a charge anything like that?

we had an arrangement fee, solicitor fees added to mortgage but that was included in the remortgage and included in the fixed rate deal. nothing in post today from amber so have to wait.

nothing was added to the remortgage after that offer no.

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

ok thanks. keep you posted :)

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

hi

just got a letter off amber stating they have made mistake so payment back to £911 - good job i challenged this!!!!

thanks everyone xx

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07