Have the global food shortages and the rocketing food prices been brought about to force a wider acceptance of G.M.?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have the global food shortages and the rocketing food prices been brought about to force a wider acceptance of G.M.?The UK goverment will use by introducing Genetically Modified (GM) crops are being touted as a solution to rocketing food prices and global food shortages.Although it is uncertain that GM will be an answer to these problems it's intriguing that they followed shortly after a popular rejection of GM across the globe.Genetic Modification is an ideal means of control for the goverments on their populations and these crops are not healthy, more so than control of the world’s financial system because it allows them to manage the very stuff of life.The popular and widespread rejection of GM was effectively a slap in the face for goverments and it stymied their plans.Hence we should be asking: have the global food shortages and the rocketing food prices been brought about to force a wider acceptance of G.M.?In the debates that will no doubt ensue, it’s a question worth bearing in mind

In what way are they not healthy?

I am concerned about some of the proposed used for GM crops, and the potential abuse of the technology with terminator seeds and patents.

But the 'frankenstein food' angle is paranoid rubbish. Hopefully there will be better opportunities for a better debate.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

I am not sure that "worldwide" rejection is accurate either, in the US, one of (if not "the") the biggest consumer countries in the world, GM are routinely cropped and used in the whole range of the food industry, so one would have to define "worldwide" first of all, I think.