Watch out, there are Claims Touts about!

rippedoffagain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What is happening with the message

Watch out, there are Claims Touts about!

underneath the avatar.

While I would encourage anyone to donate to CAG, I did not put "Please donate something to CAG." there either, and I can't remove it.

Edited by rippedoffagain

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Was wondering that one myself ....

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

That's 'cos MrShed didn't say where MrShed is from.. it appears that the "Please donate..." message appears if you enter a location.

Yes, i thought this as well.

Hi there

1) The Site felt it prudent to warn that we are aware of touts looking to "help" people with claims for a fee or a percentage.

Anyone being approached by PM in such a way is asked to report the matter to Admin or a Staff team member immediately.

2) Because all bank charges claims are currently Stayed, site donations are very low and we are reminding members of this so, if they can donate when they have a win, it will keep the site going for the benefit of all users.:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

No wonder people are leaving in droves. How about asking first? It is supposed to be personal to the individual after all and up to them what they want to have in that box surely? Seems to me like a little over zealous? I hestitate to use the word 'draconian', even if that was the first word that popped into my head.

I agree, it may seem a little draconian, PF, but this forum is run for the benefit of the 'honest' debtor who requires help from others who have been there & got the T-shirt.

Firstly, I think a warning about touts is very relevant - a lot who use this site wouldn't be debtors if they hadn't been naive or desperate in the first place & therefore might easily fall victim again through a site like this that they rely on to be regulated & trustworthy.

Secondly, on the whole the helpers that you, me & many others rely on do not get financial reward; however there are costs involved in running a site like this & it wouldn't exist if the 'winners' didn't contribute to help those still fighting. The donation requests are not usually obvious or intrusive - if the site needs a financial plug now & again, why not broadcast it on each ID as a reminder? It costs you nothing, it's not an invasion of privacy & the results may help you in the future.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

I don't think it's draconian at all - it's just a reminder message - we are a member of someone else's forum and, if we don't like it, we can always vote with our feet.

At the end of the day, we're not being flogged pink patches or being asked to take part in age appropriate consumer surveys like some sites, so let's just get a grip and see this for what it is - a polite reminder (which does not need the users permission).

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Some maybe leaving in droves but I came back. Remember, while you are bickering about 7 words, someone else on the forum is needing advice. We are all guilty at times of forgetting this.

You do know that you can email admin of the site about this issue?

Is 7 words REALLY REALLY REALLY that important? How many people could you have helped rather than read my post?

Site Admin have made a decision and it has been explained by Slick.

Decide what you want to do and just do it.

I am STAYING I do not care about the 7 words on my profile.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Well said, yourbank. Quite often, the ones that shout the loudest are the ones with the least to shout about.

Fortunately the majority of our users accept that it is nothing insidious and fully agree with the sentiments.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Oooh, I dont want to be left out.. I will go and put my location in the profile box. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No wonder people are leaving in droves.

Judging by the new posts, I rather think there are more people JOINING in droves rather than leaving. :)

• Haha 2

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It's not the words that are the issue, but the mere fact that anything is there at all that isn't personal to the member. Im sure there would have been other ways to get the message across. And to be frank, I don't think people are as stupid as you think.

Where exactly has anyone indicated that any one is stupid ?. If you are so offended then why dont you just ask for a mod/site helper to remove those words from your profile.

BCOBS

Where exactly has anyone indicated that any one is stupid ?. If you are so offended then why dont you just ask for a mod/site helper to remove those words from your profile.

OK I will. And nobody SAID anyone says people are stupid. The inference is though that people cant think for themselves.

Hi PennyF,

The inference is though that people cant think for themselves.
No one's suggesting or inferring that for a minute.

However, the reality is that when people are at a low and vulnerable, they may fall prey to those who would charge for what you can get free on this Site.

I'm sure the majority of those who CAN think for themselves will realise why the warning is there and get on with their business.

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)