Lebowski vs Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I sent off the Statute barred letter, recorded delivery, unsigned, and received a letter back from Lowell Financial this time (the first letter was from Lowell Portfolio). It doesn't acknowledge the letter I sent to them - I sent it to Enterprise House, 1 Apex View because the address they told me to respond to was a PO Box.

The letter reads:

"Dear Mr Lebowski

We have been instructed by our client Lowell Portfolio I Ltd to write to you in connection with your outstanding balance as described above. Our objective is to help both you and our client find a solution to this problem. We urgently request that you contact us today before our client instructs us to take further action to recover the balance..."

Should I send them the Statute Barred letter too or just ignore the letter and wait for them to contact me again?

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks, I thought it may have meant 'certified copy' or something :)

It actually means 'carbon copy' and dates from the days when letters were typed on a typewriter using carbon paper for copies.

I used to use all this - does wonders for both your spelling and your accuracy as the only proper way to correct these is to re-do the whole letter. Later on tippex/snopake came along but that was still a bit messy.

[strokes long white beard, picks up walking stick and shuffles off back to bed... 'you youngsters don't know what you're missing...']

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Yes I do remember them very well.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be ... :D

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)