Back to problems with this horrid bank!!

Pen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, would you believe it. I was 18p O/D and know it's £75.00 and rising.

I should have just closed this account when i won all my chargers back last year but left it open because my disability benefit is paid in to it and my son who is a student also has a Lloyd's account so it was simple to transfer money into his account when he is short and needs help. that's the only time i use it.

This current problem has arisen solely due to the bank's incompetence. I often make a transfer of £50.00 from my account into my sons using Internet banking and because they are both LTSB accounts the payment is normally transferred immediatly however, on one occasion a few months ago this did not happen, the Internet system said it would take 3 working days to clear so I had to do it again so that the payment would be made, yet still it said payment in 3 days. After making 2 attemps to transfer the money without success I phoned the phone bank and asked them what was happening and for help in sorting out the transfer! I told them i needed to transfer £50.00 into my sons account immediately yet the system was not allowing it. they agreed that the payment should have been made automatically could not understand why it hasn't! but they said they would do it there and then for me which was great. However they did not cancel the 2 payments which i had had the problem with.

Three days later one of the payments went out of my account and one was return as there was not enough funds to cover it. ( I was only wanting to put £50.00 in to his account not £150.00) I was hit with a £20.00 unpaid DD charge. however i never bothered complaining because i thought what the heck!! after the last long drawn dealings with them i didn't bother i put the money back into may account to bring it in the red what i didn't know was that the next day the £7.00 fee for the select account was taken out of my account this made me 18 pence overdrawn. Last week I received a letter saying that £75.00 chargers were going to be taken out of my account. Funny enough It was to be debited on the date my benefit was due to go in. Soooo because I did not think the chargers were fair and i was not happy my disability benefit was being used to pay them I sent off a letter of appropriation as the chargers are just accumulating I should have just left my benefit to clear them then argued for the return of the chargers. How can the justify charging so much for 18 pence it's unbelievable!!! Had they not charge the £20.00 for a return D/D which they did not cancel when processing the payment over the phone in the first place i would not have been O/D by 18 pence. arrrr

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

i would suggest a simple letter to the local branch manager pointing out that this occured through their imcompetance of sending a payment 3 times due to there technical problems and you incurred a charge of £20 because of this.

State that had this not of happen you would not have been overdrawn so ask them to waive the charges.

send it via recorded post and wait and see, Should they refuse then i would suggest you write again and ask for a copy of the telephone conversation which will clearly prove that you requested the payment to be made over the phone due to the technical problems they were having and that you only requested £50 to be send not the £150 they ended up sending.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...

Thanks Mijik and Gallan.

I have sent them a letter recorded Delivery hopefully they should respond soon. I think the point i was making was their new charging system. We thought the old one was bad this is much worse!!!! I will let you know what response i get!

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

Just to confirm that Lloyds charges are now far worse. A year ago I claimed back charges on behalf of my son and at that time the maximum he was charged was £90 in a month.He has now been charged £15 monthly fee plus £15 per day for 10 days so for 1 month he has been charged £165 HOW CAN THEY DO IT.Looks like I will have to make another claim.

what is really strange, if a smaller company acted with the same disegard for thier customers are these jokers, they would have thier Credit License revoked. How come banks are treated differently, even going as far as the tax payer bailing them out? I am sorry, but this country is going down the (presumable, long closed coal) pit.

I do not bank with Lloyds any more, but I used to many years ago. I seem to remember a similar incident, caused by the fact it took them 3 days o transfer money from one lloyds account to another lloyds account... in the same branch. now, that monkey must have been on some journey!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guy's oh am i hopping mad!!!

Grumpy i went over drawn by £2.00. But this was due to an error caused by phone bank. They transfered too many payments by mistake Yes select accounts do have a free buffer O/D of £50.00 subject to status and we were not eligible. hence in court last year i was refunded all the £7.00 select fees for the last 5 years. however they are still deducting them from my account now that £2.00 overdrawn is wait for it! a whopping £165.00

My DLA goes in to my account every 4 weeks i don't use the account for anything else and normally i am not so short of funds but we have just paid for our sons wedding which has left us really short this month. Today I went to withdraw my DLS and they have taken the whole £165 from my benifit leaving practically nothing left.

I went into my branch and explained that in June I had handed in a letter of Appropriation for my DLA benefit which is paid into the account 4 weekly I also explained that I have a terminal illness and that I use this benefit to pay for my prescriptions each week. (I do not get free prescriptions ) and i am on Morphine if I don't have my medication I end up in hospital. The reply i got was someone will look into it and will get back in touch within the next 10 days, great help. I was also informed that a Right of Appropriation can only be used once and if i submit another one my account will be closed within 30 day's. I thought when i used it to cover my benefit that was what it was for so the funds could not be used for anything else but apparently not I have to submit one every four weeks. This meant i had to hand in another RA letter for my benefit which i did there and then.

I was then told that because i had ask for the right of appropriation a second time they would not be refunding any chargers taken from my benefit but were giving me notice that they intend to close my account within the next 30 days and i was to return all my cards and check books arrrrrr how immoral, can they do this??? I suppose yes because they have now done it. I am ever sooo angry with them, I might as well stick my head in the oven.

Edited by Pen

cases won

You can send the letter of Appropriation as many times as you need. However the bank can close your account. Have a look at the link here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/106950-what-do-if-your.html

You need to move your DLA asap. The reclaim the charges back again.

If Lloyds can treat you this way, you are better off banking with some one else. :mad:

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi sea Lady.

Thanks for the link. I phoned the FO today and because i had complained previously last year about the bank chargers and the court case has now been settled they say they are willing to take on my case. All I need to do is send further evidence such as the letter of appropriation. which i have done today. all I can do now is wait.

cases won

I'm glad to hear that. I hope they don't take long in dealing with this. I'm looking forward to your updates to see how they are going to handle it. :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

new Letter from LLOyds today dated 5th Aug.

Blar blar blar we have provided you with an unplannned overdfraft to cover to payments we have made another £110 chargers your account balance is now - £270 and we will charge you £16.00 blar blar a day.

WHAT!! another £110 in chargers to pay the chargers they have already taken from my account! that's good of them. I can see their miskate is going to be an expencive one.

cases won

I am truly disgusted (but not surprised) by lloyds latest actions.

All this for a £2 error (Was it your phone bank error or theirs) ?

I would consider contacting your MP over this one, and also going in to see someone at the DHSS to discuss the situation (you may also be eligible for an emergency payment/loan until you have resolved the matter).

This so stinks of a retaliatory act in response to your previous actions, and is sooooo disproportionate to their supposed cause of action it's a joke.

Keep a diary of events and all correspondence, and have no hesitation in taking action over this matter.

You are right. It will be an expensive mistake.

Once they have had to refund all sums, plus court costs and legal fees.

Plus interest upon the whole sum.

Plus the hassle and embarrassment of dealing with your MP, DHSS etc.

It will indeed be expensive.

For them, that is.

Good luck and best regards

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Beyond belief. Will these bankers never learn? I do hope you get this ridiculous situation sorted out. I watched my little used Natwest account go up to £1000 overdrawn a few years ago after I was a few pence short to pay a £5 dd to the RSPCA. I did nothing but watch in amazement. Eventually they refunded all the charges and closed the account, but it was truly incredible how many charges I incurred for being I think it was about 16p short.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi PM and Gold lady, nice to speak to you both again. I am glad to say the mistake was there's if when phone bank made the transfer they canceled the one i had difficulty with via the Internet, I would not have made 2 payments one of which was returned unpaid, they did say they had cancelled it but obviously not. hence the charge and if they had not taken the 20.00 unpaid debit charge there would have been enough for the £7 select fee which also should have not been deducted as this was canceled in writing years agao and discussed to the hilt in court hence the refunded all these fees or the past 5 yrs.

I am totaly shocked on how they can do this and their lack of compasion i can only hope the Ombudsman wipes the floor with them. anyway i will keep you all informed on my progress. I have contacted DWP and stopped my benifit from going to that account now that they have told me their intention to close it. something i should have done myself last year.

cases won

• 6 months later...

Letter from Lloyd's solicitors, there are now taking me to court fro return of bank chargers totaling £320. They wish lol!!!!

cases won