Has TFL changed their PCNs?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine has received a PCN form TFL through the post which not only purports to be a combined PCN and NTO, but also allows 21 days to pay the reduced amount from the date on which the notice was served.

This is the first I have seen or heard of these. Are they valid?

There are three circumstances in which a PCN may be served by post28. One

is where the contravention has been detected on the basis of evidence from

an approved device. The second is if the CEO has been prevented, for example by force, threats of force, obstruction or violence from serving the

PCN either by affixing it to the vehicle or by giving it to the person who

appears to be in charge of that vehicle. The third is if the CEO had started to issue the PCN but did not have enough time to finish or serve it before the vehicle was driven away and would otherwise have to write off or cancel the PCN. In these circumstances a PCN is served by post on the owner (whose identity is ascertained from the DVLA), and also acts as the Notice to Owner.

The Regulations set out what information must29 be stated on a PCN sent by post. The Secretary of State suggests that postal PCNs should be sent within 14 days of the contravention.

28S.I. 2007/3483, Regulation 10.

29 S.I. 2007/3483, Schedule, Paragraph 2, and TS.I. 2007/3482, Regulation 3(4).

There is no question of threats involved as the driver didn't know he was in the wrong [he still doesn't think so]. It was a CCTV operator who took pictures, but I have seen other

PCN's issued from CCTV but not a Reg 10 although none of them were issued by TFL.