blackste vs (sh)abbey

blackste
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

im just about to start my falling out with abbey. ive already started to move my banking affairs to a new abnk A&L so they aint going to chase me off with the closed account threat, i just wanted some tips, and benifit of your knowledge before i really get stared with them. all help would be appreciated.

happy claiming

steve

11th july. sent letter to abbey for list of charges on both accounts

17th and 18th july letters for both accounts regards the microfiche bluff.

28th july sent requested for repayment of charges.(bit late)

Make sure you read the FAQs (click on FAQ on the blue bar at the top of each page), and especially the step by step guide.

We're all here to help.

Good luck

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

hi

just started the ball rolling. sent letter to abbey requesting all info on charges to my accounts(2). just had a thought, should i have sent a cheque for £10 per account or £10 in total?

• 2 weeks later...

:?: hi all

while i was on my hols abbey wrote to me and give me the microfiche bluff. ive sent off the microfiche reply from the library, but in the meantime they have sent me about 14 months worth of statements for my 2 joint acounts. do i need to do anything or just be patient.

thanks for the help guys

Thanks for your post on my thread Steve. It will be interesting to see if we get replies at roughly the same time.

Now that I've got my statements from the last 14 months I've discovered that Abbey have taken £828 off me in charges - the sods! I dread to think what the microfiche records will show.

Good luck and enjoy your reclaimed money :)

K

• Confused 1

Data Protection Act letter sent 11th July 2006

Microfiche argument received 17th July 3006

Response sent 24th July 2006

14 months statements received 26th July 2006

Microfiche data received 28th and 29th July 2006

Prelim letter sent 1st August 2006

Sorry you're not happy letter received 11th August 2006

£175 refund unexpectedly appeared in bank account 16th August 2006

LBA sent 16th August 2006

Claim served 5th October 2006 - Abbey acknowledged 16th October and defence filed.

hi all

semi good news yesterday. i am chasing abbey over 2 joint accounts, and got the miocrofiche printoffs for one of them ( the one which i know has only £20 in charges) so some progress. just have to wait and see how long the second microfiche prints take.

cheers

steve

Yeah - totally coincidental - NOT.

I have heard of people receiving print-outs from Abbey were there was a summary at the bottom - i.e. Amount charged, total in, total out, interest paid, etc....

Abbey had actually got someone to get a highlighter pen and rub them out!!!! making it harder (only slightly) for someone to calculate the amount charged.

Hilarous!! (and sadly child-like pathetic - but then, do we expect anything else from the 'school' bully?) - and of course, I would imagine that it would backfire and make the person more determined!

Nothing the banks do is by accident. It's very rarely, an 'accident' results in the customer being better off is it?

Even the incompetence is calculated.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys

sorry ive not posted for ages but ive been working abroad.

this leaves me with a bit of a problem. ive not been able to send my letter for the summary of what im claiming for, and the letter im supposed to send before my 40 cut off was due about a week ago. the 40 days from sending my data protection letter is up on sat 20th august. is it still worth sending the final reminder, ive still not recieved the microfiche for my other account.

thanks all.

steve

Hello Ste

You can send a final reminder if you feel like it, its not too important. Once the 40 days are up, send them a Prelminary letter with an estimated claim asking for you charges back.They have 14 days to respond to this request.

Most people are calculating what they have been charged so far off information received, getting an average from that, and then multiplying that figure by the amount of months you have'nt got information for.

At least you will get the ball rolling, and if shABBEY want to kick up a fuss that your estimate is too much, they will have to provide you with the information you have been asking for all along! Then you can amend your claim, and shABBEY can get on with giving you your money back!!!

hope this is not 'too much information'!

Phil

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

hi all

well the 40 days are up today. the problem ive got is that abbey have sent the microfiche details for one of my accounts, but not the other, the one with all of the charges on. also i have no idea when i opened this account, so am not sure how to do the multiplier, to claim what i think should be an average of my charges. should i just multiply this years charges by the 6 years maximum? also where do i go for the N1 form.

thanks all

thanks karnevil, will press on with it from tuesday.