very impressed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have spent quite a long time reading FAQ's it has been very helpful even though my brain is a bit fuddled as a result but hey here goes, am determined to see this to the bitter end!!! have recieved copy statements and am about to request the charges back, thanks to this site it certainly gives confidence!

in much appreciation

Ma

hi.gifHi and welcome mawhitfield newbie.gif to the best advice site going. If you are still trying to find yourself around the site take a look at the following:

• Find template letters in the Bank Template Library (below the ‘Welcome to our Forum’)
  • Find the forum for the bank you want to claim charges from and start a new thread. Keep all your claim questions to the thread you start. If you have, claims against more than one bank then ensure that you start a new thread in each of the relevant forums to that bank.
  • Do not hijack another member’s threadby asking questions relevant to your own problem or issues.
  • If you want to get your money back, you have to invest in the time and effort of reading the FAQ’s and other members’ threads to get a feel and understanding of what you are embarking upon.
  • Soon you too will be answering newbee questions and helping them along the road to financial recovery!

:D delighted you are impressed. The founders & mods have put a lot into this site and I for one have benefited enourmously,

mechs :-)

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

hi mechs

thanks for the welcome , started the ball rolling last week, have received copies of statements and my £10 back with a lovely letter, also a courtesy call from the bank this morning, however I spent all weekend working from the statements and have sent my claim today!! we see what transpires eh? will keep you informed

many thanks again

Ma

hi anyone and everyone

have sent in my claim letter and added plus interest incurred, (read that this seemed a good idea somwhere in the forum) but I didn't add an amount should the bank come back to me for a figure I am not sure how to work this out, I know it's charged on a daily basis but not sure at what percentage to base calculations can anyone offer a guide.

many thanks

Ma

There's a spreadsheet that you can use if you have Excel, but read through the associated thread for lots of advice on how to get the best from it. The first spreadsheet you'll find in the thread will only calculate the charges total and the court interest (not used until you make a court claim). Later on in the thread you'll an improved version that does interest taken by the bank on the unlawful charges. This is the one you'll need. :p

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!