parking control services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks pcs 4671 - you do indeed seem to hold a lot of info on them - did you once work for them?!

It's all good stuff, but do I really stand any chance of getting my money back? I did get a stock letter reply to my claim although there was no stamp on the envelope and so I had to pay nearly £2 to recover it from my local sorting office!

I'd like to contact the land owner of the car park where I was clamped to see what their view is. As you suggest, it seems doubtful that they will even be aware there was a clamping and are therefore owed a cut of my "fee" - presumably this is how it works? I would hope that the landlord would be interested to know that the clamp wasn't even attached to my car when I returned (69 seconds afer leaving it) and that I had to pay a "release fee"! Do you know anything specifically about their Cranleigh operations?

I am going to proceed with an online money claim anyway.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I Did Maybe I Didnt Work For Them That Information Will Not Be Shared. The Truth = NO REFUND PERIOD! Even the queen wouldnt get a refund. The only refunds that have even been given that i can tell of are when an unlicisened clamper is asked to show his lisence on the spot which makes him remove the clamp free of charge and flee the scene before police come so he doesnt get caught! and as for the landowner getting a cut of the fee No he does not. i have known for the contract holders to be clamped before now and have to pay! cranleigh (stockland square?) this site was set up by the managing agent of the residential area his/her name is unknown to me but will try my best to get it for you. all i can suggest is that you gather other stories as your own and present them to him when him/her when we find them and ask them not to re-new there contract. if this were to happen a phone call must be made to PCS cancelling there contract as PCS automaticly renew 1000 pound a year contract without contacting the clients for there permission. (all part of the small print) if you see a clamper there ask them for thier SIA license and dont hesitate to call the police if they do not automaticly present one. if they havent got one and flee please take the reg of the vehical. as for the clamp not on your car properly this to them is not an issue aslong as they have a picture of your car with no permit they will demand there money. all the clampers are aggreisve and unprofessional they have even been known to clamp legite cars and try and pressure money out of the driver. this sometimes does work if it does not the clamp is removed and again the clamper will flee. the clampers are paid on a commision based contract stating they will get paid more for the more clamps they do making them very eager to clamp anything or anyone.

onto another subject thier phone line is a premium number £1.50 a minuet and the 'office' workers like to keep you on the phone as long as possible smiling with big fat pound signs rolling on thier eyes. They took advantage to the highist extent and have now been banned from taking calls longer than 17 minuets.... does this stop them no they will hang up on you after 16 making you call back and start the vicious cycle again.(edit)

More Updates Coming Soon On These Cowboys!!!!

Edited by freakyleaky
Language.

Hi PCS 4671, I've had a parking charge notice of these cowboys in Cardiff, It was half past 7 at night and I stopped for 10 minutes round the corner from my house because there were no spaces on my street and had to unload shopping. They are so sneaky and must have just been waiting for people to pull up. They want £75 or £150 after 14 days and I'm determined not to pay it, what are the chances of them taking me to court over it? A lot of people around are saying just don't pay them and ignore the letters etc. My other thought was just send them 20 odd post dated cheques for £3.25 for the next 20 months and say its all I can afford :lol:. I was going to appeal but after reading your last post I dont think I'll bother. Has anyone else just not paid them?

Hi PCS 4671, I've had a parking charge notice of these cowboys in Cardiff, It was half past 7 at night and I stopped for 10 minutes round the corner from my house because there were no spaces on my street and had to unload shopping. They are so sneaky and must have just been waiting for people to pull up. They want £75 or £150 after 14 days and I'm determined not to pay it, what are the chances of them taking me to court over it? A lot of people around are saying just don't pay them and ignore the letters etc. My other thought was just send them 20 odd post dated cheques for £3.25 for the next 20 months and say its all I can afford :lol:. I was going to appeal but after reading your last post I dont think I'll bother. Has anyone else just not paid them?

Hello,

I know three people who have just ignored the letters ........... they all got sent more letters but after a time it just goes quiet and they have heard nothing else.

My personal advice is ..... Do not contact them. Do not give them any information.

Look here ... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?288116-Demands-from-Parking-enforcement-companies-advice-and-template

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

• 1 month later...

Another annoyed victim of Parking Control Services - by the way I live iin St Albans so I don't know if they are expanding from London. I'm the registered keeper my partner parked the car in a university where she is a part time student. . I have pictures of a half broken sign where the car was parked and posted to withe the appeal. Its on a University / College Campus where my partner takes riding lessons and is also a student regularly at weekends. Never had a problem for a year. There are signs on the campus but this is like a side agricultural part away from the main parking which she hadn't noticed but as I say has a half broken sign., l. Ive appealed with a strong letter as she is 1) Part time member of the college - pass was photocopied and sent to them , not a parking pass but a student pass. 2) She is being made redundant in 3 weeks 3) Its not her car 4) the sign was broken , old and decrepid. They have sent a letter back attaching photos of the main parking signs some 100 yards away , which is a clearly designated parking area. They have stated in writing that if payment is not received they may clamp or remove the vehicle from the owners home address. Is this even legal as I was not driving the car?? I just want to write them a letter with the most insulting language they have ever heard right now! Plus to see someone you care about coming home in tear because they are about to be made.......********!!!!!! I'm stubborn and this site has re-confirmed 'Im not letting her pay, they can go whistle. However we are due to be apply for a mortgage in the next 12 months will they be able to enforce a CCJ. To be honest if they did I guess I would just keep the paperwork and i'm sure for such a little amount the banks would take that into consideration. Thanks for reading..... what are your thoughts?

Edited by DirkaDirka
Spelling mistakes

They have been very "economical with the truth" ( to put it politely). For a start they would be committing an illegal act if they just clamped a car at a persons home over an alleged private parking ticket. For anything like that to happen they would have to take someone to court, that person loses and then refuses to pay whatever the judge orders within 28 days. That's also the only way a CCJ can be issued.

Just hold firm from now on and ignore their stupid and very misleading letters. You have nothing to worry about. They won't take you to court. It would be useful if you could post up those your letters on here (after removing personal details) to see what they are actually saying.

Letter

In relation to the above matter we acknowledge receipt of your appeal letter and the contents have been noted

There are warning signs situated throughout Oaklands College which state; Warning , Pay Display Car park, failure to comply will result in the vehicle being issued with a Parking Charge Notice without any notice given

As the vehicle was not displaying a valid pay and display ticket or permit ( having checked photographs of when the vehicle was issued a PCN) as clearly stated on the warning signs, the vehicle was issued with a PCN

The responsibility to observe and obey parking restrictions is yours. We require full payment within the time frame set out on the reverse of your parking charge notice. If payment is not received we may clamp and or remove your vehicle from the owner's home address without notice

I have enclosed a photo of the main signage.

Yours sincerely

Appeals Dept

Appeal Letter sent to PCS

19th March 2011

To Whom it May concern,

I write to you to appeal against my parking charge dated 19/03/11, location L001524. I am a student of Oaklands College studying for my BHS stage 2 exams. I have been taking this course for the 18 months and have always parked in this area without question, all my fellow students have also parked in this area without question. I have never noticed any signs in that area. I have spoken to my tutorand she advised to contact yourselves. The only sign I could see when looking is attached which is half a sign.

I have recently been made redundant , am taking this course to help with future employment moving into student accommodation and this car is not mine. I really can't afford £75.

I have attached the half a sign and my college pass for you consideration in this appeal.

I wonder If I should reply stating their threats are illegal and if they took to court thiese threatening letters would be frowned upon by courts of law. In addition if they send me any more letters of communication I will bring it up with their client i.e the college which would not look good should they wish to renew their contract with the land owners of the college next year Or

I just ignore !

So further to this I drove to where the car was issued a PCN, trying to put myself in a neutral position there are a fair few signs around so it is reasonably clear, Parking Control Services seem to be within their rights to issue a PCN. I agree the way they have written their letter is out of order but in essence a penalty still applies. Should this still be paid or just leave it? Whats the worse case scenario in terms of costs if they want to follow it up. Now its £75.00, in 14 days its £150, then with ay extra costs for collections e.t.c? I believe they have no right to clamp the car at my home address as she is not the registrered keeper, thats a matter they need to take up directly with her if she doesn't pay.

You are taking these people too seriously. They are not the police or the council and they cannot issue a "penalty" to anyone. You do not owe them a penny. They won't take you to court, simple as that. They cannot clamp anyone's car. That can only be done by a court bailiff after the case has gone to court. Please ignore them from now on and do not contact them again.

please do not respond in writing

just ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

these parking notices are speculative invoices

PLEASE do some reading in this forum.

they have no legal status and can quite safely be totally ignored.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They have no authority to issue fines, and tickets on private land are best ignored - your mistake was to write to them in the first place. Stop looking for reasons to pay an unenforceable piece of bogroll!

BUT that letter is harassment and, as others have said, they cannot come and clamp/remove your vehicle for an alleged debt owing. Not even if you parked again on the same site (but if it happened then I bet the Police wouldn't help you).

So - because this is PCS we are talking about and they have threatened to clamp the car - if you want to park that car in the same place again then I would complain about that letter now.

I would not ignore the letter - be careful because PCS do clamp as well as ticket - and they have already been expelled from the BPA approved operator scheme:

http://www.transportxtra.com/magazines/parking_review/news/?id=24335

Ideas for where to complain here, I think the OfT are responsible for complaints against firms who breach debt collection Codes:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=03_harassment

And I would not be scared by their letter but due to the possibility of being clamped when you next park there, I would not let it go without response.

I would reply to their letter, pointing out that to clamp a car the operator has to have an SIA licence and they can only clamp on land where the correct signage is in place - which you have shown it is not. To clamp a car for an alleged debt is illegal and outwith the operative's SIA licence. Only a Council, Police or a Court-appointed bailiff can clamp a car on the highway - so perhaps they would like to say which category they claim to fall within? Impersonating any of these would of course be an offence.

Invite them to take you to Court if they believe they can enforce their 'Parking Charge Notice' which you deny. But tell them that any further letters whatsoever, in the absence of Court papers, will be forwarded to the authorities as a complaint for harassment. Tell them that you are aware that they were expelled from the BPA Approved Operators scheme and these written threats do them no favours. State that any operator clamping or blocking in your car on any land at all, for 'an alleged debt which is denied' will be immediately reported to the SIA for an individual breach of his/her licence.

Remind them that harassment is a criminal offence and that you also plan to report them to the OfT and Trading Standards for that and for breaches of CPTUR - and that you reserve the right to bring a Court case against them for harassment unless they cease and desist.

Finally I think I would copy in the college Parking Manager and your local Trading Standards office, with a copy of PCS' letter as well. Some TS are good and some are rubbish in the case of private parking firms - but surely even a daft TS Officer will realise that PCS cannot threaten to come round and clamp your car, it's surely impersonating a bailiff to suggest that they might?

Worst case scenario is you park that car at Uni again then PCS might just clamp the car and you'd be within your rights to remove the clamp (without damage). Personally I would not park there again whilst clamping is not yet illegal on private land - BUT NOR WOULD I PAY THE BOGUS PCN!

You could finish your letter by saying that if they do clamp the car next time it is parked there then it will be a clear trespass against goods and you will either remove the illegal clamp or take them and the Uni to Court to recover any sum charged. Both will clearly be liable because you have given the Uni fair warning of the breaches PCS are committing and you are surprised that it seems that the Uni has been negligent already in appointing an agent who was already expelled by the BPA and has many outstanding unpaid CCJs against them.

Edited by Coupon

so you GF has never paid to park there?

that threat of clamping your car on your drive is very serious and needs to be forwarded to the relevent authorities.

as i said, i would not write to them anymore

but, to be fair, i would pay to park there though as everyone else has to, if she has not been.

dx

and they

I would not ignore the letter - be careful because PCS do clamp as well as ticket - and they have already been expelled from the BPA approved operator scheme:

If they have already been expelled from the BPA, how did they get the RKs details from the DVLA as been a member of an AOS is a prerequisit to apply to the DVLA for an address.

A complaint to the DVLA should also be included therefore, asking the DVLA to justify why they released your details to this company.

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

and they

If they have already been expelled from the BPA, how did they get the RKs details from the DVLA as been a member of an AOS is a prerequisit to apply to the DVLA for an address.

A complaint to the DVLA should also be included therefore, asking the DVLA to justify why they released your details to this company.

Being a member of the BPA AOS is indeed a prerequisite for access to the DVLA's electronic link but that would not preclude them from making written applications (even bulk ones) using a V888.

Or AIUI they could just use a company like Ranger Services to get the info for them.

Shocking that this Ranger Services thing hasn't been stopped, it surely breaches Data Protection and the whole point of the AOS if there's a back-door way of still getting info.