parking control services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd write to the landowner and explain you feel the clamping was unlawful because the inadequate signage, the fact that the boundries of the clamping / non-clamping zone were not clearly defined, there was a double charge, and the fact that one of the clampers was unlicenced. Make a big thing of this, and point out the matter has been passed on to the police. Give them (the landowner) 14 days to pay up, or you'll have to take them to court. Sue PCS jointly by all means, but as we've seen, you'll never get anything out of them.

I don't think landowners who employ clampers realise they are jointly responsible for their actions. Hopefully, if more are taken to court, they will stop using these cowboys.

If there was a ticket left as well, but the clampers wouldn't release the car until everything was paid, then I think this could reasonably be considered to be part of the release fee.

The heavy-handed tactics of these dreadful people make me so angry...! Hopefully their days will be numbered.

• 3 months later...

Hi cut it have you had experience with them? I heard there is a new law to appeal against your clamping and get money returned, does anyone know how I can go about this? Thanks x

Edited by tinkxabell
Spelling error

In any case, I fear that cowboy clampers will just ignore the tribunal rulings in exactly the same way as they currently ignore CCJs.

It's not always possible to pin down the landowner, either, particularly if cowboy clampers have clamped on land over which they have no authority whatsever, or (as is often the case) if they continue clamping after their contract with the landowner is terminated.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I just rang PCS on their freephone number - 0800 9705109 - not paying £1.50 a minute! Anyway, I asked if they were a private parking company, she said yes and I said good, that means your parking notices are not legally binding and therefore I'm not paying. She said well we'll see you in court then. I replied good because all the research I've done shows that you've never gone to court or turned up!! She got really mad and then I said, to top it off, I'm calling you on your 0800 number!! She then said Oh so you're calling up to tell us that you won't pay your notice on our 0800 number which costs US money!! She then said she was terminating the call as this was a sales line. I say for everyone to keep doing this and really p155 them off!!

Also they put the colour of my car wrong on their notice, is that anything that can be used or no?

Sorry if I've there are any grammar or spelling mistakes, but after being reading all the advice, I got a bit excited when I had a go at that them and wanted to tell you all.....

Well done! Nice one.

You can have a lot of fun typing 'Call me back' into Google and then pasting a number into all those web forums. Of course I'd never condone such a thing.

Car colour is irrelevant btw.

Nice one in using their freephone number, must pass it to a friend who has an autodialer with a taped message on it. Hope it does not cause them any problems.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 1 month later...

Ok guys,

I have a bit of a dilemma. I recevied a PCN on the 9th July and recevied no correspondence from Parking Control Services, no letters in the post, nothing. I then received a letter from CCS Collect Debt Collectors on the 12th Aug but the letter was dated 5th August. The letter stated that I had to make a payment to them in the next 7 days or they threaten me with County Court action as well court costs and legal fees.

What should I do? I know the best advice with these has always been to ignore the letters PCS and similar send, but they have put this straight through to a debt collector.

Your help is much appreciated.

beware of the same at gloucester docks, NSGL, seem to have employed a child who will issue tickets, they have no compassion at all, i was 10 minutes picking up some baby powder, as there was a q in the shops, they issued my with a fine, he also was seen " smirking " as he walked off.

Well, you should have smirked back, knowing he was wasting his time and his company will waste money sending you letters you will ignore.

The problem is he will be too stupid to understand.

regards

Hi,

I am hoping that I can get some advice. I was borrowing a friend's car today and she has received a parking ticket from Parking Control Services (not Parking Control Services Ltd) for £75 if settled in 14 days or £150 after otherwise they will revoke her driving license?

Revoke her driving license???? What a complete load of Bullsh**.

Not only is complete BS but its also in breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 by claiming to have authority to do something when it is blatant BS. I would ignore it but also report it to Trading Standards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revoke her driving license???? What a complete load of Bullsh**.

Not only is complete BS but its also in breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 by claiming to have authority to do something when it is blatant BS. I would ignore it but also report it to Trading Standards.

PLEASE PLEASE SAY your friend has that threat to 'revoke her licence' in writing & if so PLEASE post it here so we can send it to the OFT, TS & the police

• 1 month later...

Don't bother with any appeal, I have the result right here, 'appeal refused'.

Send them a letter before action stating that if they do not refund your money then without any further notice you will take action against them at the county court. Find out who the landowner is and put them in the action as well.

Give them 14 days to comply then take County Court Action.

regards

The advise from letshelp is the only real course of action you have. Make note of the fact that you must include the landowner in your claim as the clamper, even when they lose the court case, still will not refund your money. The landowner is much easier to enforce a judgement against.

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys.dont pay tickets if you get them they cant enforce them.cut the clamp off same thing cant do enything cant chase you as they are not members of the bpa.so cant use bayliff services.oh and by the way i have a clamp lock key if anyone is interested it will undo all the locks they use.i will sell at the right price.

I'm about to go through this process with Parking Control Services - was clamped on Thursday after leaving my car for 69 seconds. Incidentally, does the SAI recommend a minimum time the clampers must wait before springing in to action? As you can tell, as it took me only 69 seconds to walk into my bank, put a cheque in a deposit envelope and walk back to the car, these guys were lying in wait. Again, does the SIA not recommend that they give a verbal warning?

Look forward to any suggestions. Thanks.

And in response to a much earlier post regarding CCJs, I've also looked up Magnaco Limited on a credit checking service I use at work. In the last 24 months there have been:

• 7 unsatisfied CCJs at a cost of £1,655
  • 2 satisfied CCJs at a cost of £2,030
  • The last unsatisfied CCJ was issued on 26 May 2010

So it would seem that in some circumstances they do pay CCJs.

• 1 month later...

Robbi - are you still monitoring this thread? I'm in Cranleigh too and wondered whether you'd like to join forces? I can't PM you because my post count is only 1 (well 2 now). If interested, please PM me. I've had the standard "seek legal advice" letter. I felt I had a case against the release fee as the clamp was not attached to the car when I returned 69 seconds after leaving it. And how can I found out who owns the land behind Stocklund Square/Sainsbury's in Cranleigh, Surrey? Thanks

• 1 month later...

THEY ARE COWBOYS!

i hold alot of information about this company, shall we start with the clampers they have employed? several not even able to comply with the regulations of getting a SIA license. But did this stop (edit) from employing them and giving them a 'SIA licensed' company van and the ten or twenty clamps needed for there ILLEGAL activities. No it did not. Another Clamper (edit) Has Been Found Guity Of Removing Clamps For A Quater Of The Price And Not Declaring They Have Paid, Keeping The Money In His Own Pocket. Did Mario Take Action And Dismiss Him? No A Congratulatory Pat On the Back Was Given And I Wouldnt Be Surprised If (edit) Took Half And Encouraged The Fowl Play. As For The Clients Of PCS I Would Like To Say YOUR BEING RIPPED OFF! When Last Did You Get The Patrols That Were Promised.. Once? Never Thats What I Thought PCS Love Setting Up New Contracts And On The First Day They Clamp Every One There (Mainly Residant Blocks They Do This To) With No Warning. This Way They Get 30 - 40 Clamps Take Their Dirty Money And Never Again 'Patrol' That Site. Is There Anyone Who Has A Site In Manchester Which Is Patrolled By PCS, Because I Can Tell You Now There are no patrols in Manchster And there never will be. there are a mere 5 - 6 clampers who all patrol withing a 20 mile radius of central london and they never ever expand to there other sites leaving them unpattrolled for months on end. As for the actual clamping if you read up on the laws and guidelines set by BPA (Brithish Parking Assosicattion) then you will know disabled badges are a by pass to being clamped maening disabled are technically aloud to park anywhere. PCS have been known to clamp several disabled bagde holders in one day. making them pay full price on the spot if they wish to drive away. Clampers have been known to clamp a car with child and mother still seated inside. yet again the 'Victims' As they like to call them have to pay full price if they also wish to drive away. there have been several incidents where a clamper has clamped a car and then gone home. when the clamped vehical wants to make a payment the clampers cannot be bother to go and unclamp them and several time they have left the car there over night of over a weekend and refused to uncmapl it untill monday claiming they have broke down. and as for the tow truck there is none, just a method of pressurising the victim into making a swift payment. Appeals.. are they dealt with fairly i can tell you now your appeals go from your hand to the 'office' which is actually a pidgeon hole in central london which is then re-directed to pelham place near crawley where they then get picked up made a joke of and thrown straigh into the bin without another look.

Edited by freakyleaky