parking control services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was borrowing a friend's car today and she has received a parking ticket from Parking Control Services (not Parking Control Services Ltd) for £75 if settled in 14 days or £150 after otherwise they will revoke her driving license?

Does the letter actually say, 'they will revoke her licence'?????

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies. I have read the ticket this morning and it doesn't actually say that they will revoke, but it does say this will contact the DVLA for her license details if not paid within 28 days.

I have read various websites saying that these sort of PPC charges are unlawful (in this case it is not very well sign-posted at all) and not enforceable at all, particularly in this case as the registered owner wasn't the driver that got the ticket....?

Any further advice? If I shoud pay then I am happy to do so but I just hate the thought of me being ripped off.

Thanks

Andy

Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies. I have read the ticket this morning and it doesn't actually say that they will revoke, but it does say this will contact the DVLA for her license details if not paid within 28 days.

I have read various websites saying that these sort of PPC charges are unlawful (in this case it is not very well sign-posted at all) and not enforceable at all, particularly in this case as the registered owner wasn't the driver that got the ticket....? (unlike "police or local authorities for the investigation of an offence, the registered owner is not obliged to give them this imformation)

Any further advice? If I shoud pay ("NO" "NO" "NO") then I am happy to do so ("NO" you are not) but I just hate the thought of me being ripped off (it is a [problem]).

Thanks

Andy

Currently, Regulation 27 of the Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002 allows the Agency to release information from its vehicle register (not license) to the police, to local authorities for the investigation of an offence or decriminalised parking contravention, and to anybody who demonstrates ‘reasonable cause’ to have the information made available to them. Regulations also allow for a fee (£2.50) to be charged to cover the cost of processing requests.

they will threaten you with every trick in the book, solicitors, courts, locking up your parents, taking the kids off you, taking your house off you, trashing your credit files, the list goes on.

i stick to one golden rule: and it works

1. ignore

2. ignore

3. go to 1.

cab

The general advice I have seen is not to pay and not to reply to them and hopefully they will go away....but im no legal expert.

PCS also issued me with tickets. I appealed and the reply they sent rejecting my appeal didnt even cover the points I raised in my appeal. In my case I have a pretty good defense and wont be paying them. Do you have any photos of the signs they are using? If they are like the ones on the site I parked at they arent clearly worded and miss out on many of the points the BPA asks them to include as part of their code of practice. Does anyone know if its worthwhile complaining to the BPA?

Also have a look at the ticket - the ones I have just have a date of issue and no time of infringement.

Currently, Regulation 27 of the Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002 allows the Agency to release information from its vehicle register (not license) to the police, to local authorities for the investigation of an offence or decriminalised parking contravention, and to anybody who demonstrates ‘reasonable cause’ to have the information made available to them. Regulations also allow for a fee (£2.50) to be charged to cover the cost of processing requests.

they will threaten you with every trick in the book, solicitors, courts, locking up your parents, taking the kids off you, taking your house off you, trashing your credit files, the list goes on.

i stick to one golden rule: and it works

1. ignore

2. ignore

3. go to 1.

cab

Hi Cab - thanks for this info - much appreciated! I am a little worried still though because I am not the registered owner that my firend is going to get hassled for this if I do not pay - I will feel awful if bailiffs turn up to her house for something that I have caused......

BALLIFFS cant turn up untill its been to court and the 1000000 - 1 chance you loose and then dont pay

these idiots dont like it going to court , THEY LOOSE

its scare tactics

and they CANT , quote > "will contact the DVLA for her license details"

all they do is get the reg keeper details and send all sorts of stupid letters

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Hi,

Hi Drew, this is very confusing, are you sure they say they will obtain, 'her license details'? Soryy to go on but it is an important point as the DVLA should not release her driving licence details, only the Registered Keeper details, please confirm.

I have read various websites saying that these sort of PPC charges are unlawful (in this case it is not very well sign-posted at all) and not enforceable at all, particularly in this case as the registered owner wasn't the driver that got the ticket....?

If the registered keeper was not the driver, then they could not have enetered into a contract with the PPC end of game.

Any further advice? If I shoud pay then I am happy to do so but I just hate the thought of me being ripped off.

Well, if you do pay them then you will be ripped off, there must be a charity more worthy of your money than a [EDIT].

regards

Hi Drew, this is very confusing, are you sure they say they will obtain, 'her license details'? Soryy to go on but it is an important point as the DVLA should not release her driving licence details, only the Registered Keeper details, please confirm.

The exact wording is that "your vehicle licensing details being obtained from the DVLA"

If the registered keeper was not the driver, then they could not have enetered into a contract with the PPC end of game.

Yes this definitely correlates with what I have read on this. However in the event that if this is not paid then the Registered owner will get lots of mail hassle from the PPC which I am concerned about as it has nothing to do with them really

Well, if you do pay them then you will be ripped off, there must be a charity more worthy of your money than a [EDIT].

I couldn't agree more but I don't want my friend (the registered keeper) to be victim to multiple warning/threatening letters as a result of non-payment

regards

This really does annoy me but if I can't think of a way to not pay without incurring more aggro for the registered owner then I think I may have to pay this

The registered owner isn't liable- so he/she has nothing to worry about from all the free toilet paper masquerading as threats he/ she will get.

He/she should ignore everything- and so should you.

If these parasites tried it on against the registered keeper then the case would get laughed out of court- and he/she is under no obligation to name the driver whatsoever.

Hi JK - I think that is the crux of the problem though as I know that she will worry about these (albeit false) threats/letters. I am keen to find a way to avoid paying without the PPC continually sending mail to the registered keeper.

I don't want to but I may have to initiate a letter with the PPC with my address details on so that they hassle me and not her.....?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

A new chapter for PCS!

My car was clamped by PCS and eventually towed away.

PCS claims that they never towed my car away, even though they gave me 2 days earlier a quote for all the costs!!

I dont know what they have done to my car, but they have the police on their tails now. Anyone has any advice how i can make this case stronger??

Let me know please. I am desperate to get my car back!!

Thanks.

BBB

Hi all, look all companys start small, as mine did, at home but as it has grown it has moved, yes i still live at my previous address. I have nothing to hide, as the company has grown as we do the enforcement process correctly and legally, of course some of you feel unhappy but the signage is clear, the fees are deemed reasonable, all of this has been decided by many judges in case law over many years. Simple solution read and obey the signs. Oh and yes our operatives are SIA VI lisenced, we have insurance, and valid Information Commissioners Office etc etc,

Hi all, look all companys start small, as mine did, at home but as it has grown it has moved, yes i still live at my previous address. I have nothing to hide, as the company has grown as we do the enforcement process correctly and legally, of course some of you feel unhappy but the signage is clear, the fees are deemed reasonable, all of this has been decided by many judges in case law over many years. Simple solution read and obey the signs. Oh and yes our operatives are SIA VI lisenced, we have insurance, and valid Information Commissioners Office etc etc,

Troll Alert!

So you would love the Clear Sign my car displays then? i'll than you for the clamps in advance!

H

Hi all, look all companys start small, as mine did, at home but as it has grown it has moved, yes i still live at my previous address.

'I still live at my previous address':rolleyes:

I have nothing to hide, as the company has grown as we do the enforcement process correctly and legally,

So you are the one?

of course some of you feel unhappy but the signage is clear, the fees are deemed reasonable, all of this has been decided by many judges in case law over many years.

As have many fees been found to be unreasonable and the signs far from clear.

Simple solution read and obey the signs. Oh and yes our operatives are SIA VI lisenced, we have insurance, and valid Information Commissioners Office etc etc,

Now if you can just tell all the others how to do it.

regards

Then why does PCS ingore CCJs against it? If PCS is so lawful, we can only imagine what traversties of justice must have occured for the CCJs to be granted in the first place...

Personally, I won't be happy until all private clamping is made illegal.

A criminal offense has taken place. The Private Securities Industry Act 2001 and regulations say that it is an offense to use unlicensed clampers. First step would be to report it to the SIA and if they used intimidation and/or physical threats to the police.

The police may try and fob you off with "civil matter" not our concern. If they try that ask to speak to a senior officer. They have a duty to investigate the breach of the PSI Act.

In the meantime have a read of the clamping guide in the stickies section at the top of this forum.

They should have released the car as soon as the offer to pay was made. As regards their penalty notice that is a different tort, namely contract. Clamping is a remedy for trespass, a seperate tort.

However I suspect the reality is that they would not have released until all amounts were paid.

You would have grounds to seek recovery of the penalty amount in the courts under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Act and also the Dunlop Case law (penalty charges). Your action would be against the clamper in this issue

As for the clamping if it is ambiguous, unclear, not present or not visible (or not easily visible) then these would give you grounds to challenge the clamping. Your action would be against the clamper and the landowner in this case.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------