Thames Credit chasing what may be current account, a bit of guidance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having been frightened into paying a monthly amount to Thames Credit for the last couple of years I discovered this site and have started to question the details they are claiming.

Thames Credit purchased debt from Lloyds TSB, I thought I was repaying an old loan so I have issued them a CCA (the 12+2 days expire tomorrow) with no sign of any paperwork having been supplied.

After carrying out a bit of research by going into a Lloyds branch I have a feeling they are collecting the balance of an old current account, the majority of which judging by the amount is likely to be huge fees added to account after I moved home and let communication with Lloyds lapse. Foolish but down to a very difficult personal situation at the time.

If this is a current account am i correct in thinking there will be no CCA?

What are the consequences of this?

Should I SAR Lloyds and what information specifically should I be requsting?

Bearing in mind the account is obviously closed how will i show I have right to request data from them?

The fees that I suspect have been added to my debt can they be claimed and then deducted from amount being claimed I owe, bearing in mind the debt is no longer owned by the Bank?

Any help or guidance much appreciated.

No there won't be a CCA, I would request a SAR from Lloyds.... and send it by recorded delivery...

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with all data that you hold on me. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with ORIGINAL CREDITOR.

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

6. Details of any collection charges added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

9. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

10. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

Thank you for this reply, I will put together the SAR.

If the debt being chased by Activ Kapital does indeed turn out to be for a current account and as mentioned will not therefore have a CCA, how does this effect the DCA and the right to collect?

I am getting a bit confused between other debts that are NOT enforcable if CCA is NOT produced.

As I have gathered from using this forum with regards to Loans, credit cards etc if no valid CCA can be produced then there is no enforcable debt, and this gives the individual grounds to dispute any claims for payment.

When it comes to debt that does not come under the CCA (possibly a current account in my case) what if any grounds does the individual have to dispute the claims for payment.?

Does the fact no CCA can be produced still mean no enforcable debt? Probably wishful thinking!!

In the case of a current account, all they would have to send you in response to a s77/s78 request would be a letter confirming that you had an overdraft limit of £x and the rate was y%

If they were to take you to court then your main defence would be to set-off the charges and any interest applied on them.

In addition, if Thames take you to court in their own name then they need to demonstrate that the debt has been correctly assigned to them - usually it hasn't been.