style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone..

I have posted on here before but i cantfind my post..our last property was in disrepair..landlady didnt fix..EH didnt have finds to do it..we kept asking LL to do repairs..she evicted us instead..Eviction notice wasnt valid..We got solicitor on the case..Depsoit was not in scheme..

LL setlled out of court but put deposit in scheme a week or so before we moved..

Final inventory was good..main fault was her lack of repair..report shows this...I applied for deposit back and did a stat claim cus she didnt answer request in writing..I had also requested access to put the minor points right..she didnt respond...

anyway I heard from DPS today that LL is only alllowing us approx a third of our deposit back!!!!!!..Even the DPS have said she is obviously playing games as she left it untill she just had hours to spare before resonding to them..

I have had enough..This woman has been at fault all along..she would not face us..she gets other people to answer her phone...she only answers officail persons by email and never by post...she put my childrens life in Danger..can I go to the papers..watchdog...anyone???

We have let Properties for 15 years..we have fantastic record and ALL of our previous LL would happily give us a referance..

Im so angry..I have seen her out and about alot..But My husband has told me I am not to talk or acknowlege her.But I feel Im just sitting back and being a victim!!!

Thankyou for any help you may give..

Sue her. Papers and watchdog are pretty pointless - its not exactly a story of relevance to anyone but yourself I'm afraid. Take her to court.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

She settled out of court for breach of contract(for not doing repairs no gas-elec safety certificates etc and also not putting the deposit into the scheme..) The agreement we made with her was we would leave and not take her to court for that matter as long as we had x amount including the deposit..now in my mind she has breached that because she is now not releasing the deposit to us..

I have called the DPS today and have asked whether I could sell the debt onto a company I know so that It will be LL against Debt collector.The DPS said that was fine..This really surprised me..

Ive still got to wait for the paperwork which states her case for not releasing the full amount..

Many Thanks CF