newbie!!pls help

darockhound
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone, i found this website through a link and cant say how happy i am as i have hope of getting my money bac from these so called banks, seriously, abbey is taking the mega-piss, last month i had various financial problems and various direct debits bounced as well as some payments taken out from at times when there wasnt enuff money in the account, abbey then charged nearly 200 pounds in charges as well as withdrawing my delta card and issuing me a cash card!, my question was how could these people get away with these ridiculous practices, making it even harder for a person who is already facing financial difficulties with all these stupid charges, i have probably gotten charged over a grand in the last year in charges alone and intend to get my money back if i can and wit this place giving so much light into this very dark matter i think that is possible, i will follow up the advice from the forum and keep you posted with my progress, and please feel free to giveyour advice as it is very much needed.

f*** bank charges! LOL

1st DPA ltter sent 15/03/06-wasnt recorded delivery and no reply...

2nd DPA letter sent 21/03/06... waitin for response.

Hello and welcome.

How could (can) they get away with it? Well, the main reason is that these people are in charge of our money, our mortgages, they have this incredible power intheir hands and we somewhat naively assume they will not abuse that trust.

The other reason is a very British one, I'm afraid: Mustn't complain, mustn't grumble, I know my place. If you doubt this, go read a thread called "told people and they're not interested" on this forum. Or read Kate Fox's "Watching the Englih". It's enlightening.

But the worm must turn, sooner or later, like all oppressed societies must revolt, sooner or later. I think the banks are finding out right now.

this is unbelievable, ive contacted abbey three times today alone, was put thru to one of their call centres in india, and frankly i might have as well been put thru to mars! talkedto the custumer service advisors who tried to basically lecture me on how to spend and be responsible with my money and how the charges are justified and blah,blah,blah...

i basically told them that i wanted statement showing all my charges for the acount since it was opened(2003)and they refused saying all that info was in the bank statements, i told them that the were legally required to do so, but they kept on trying to fobb me off, i then asked to be put thru to a manager, and twice i got ''cut off accidentally'' called a third, talked to a guy who claimed to be a manager and couldnt talk to me from the custumer service advisors desk and said he was calling me back in 5 mins, this is now over and hour, and this is the second time a ''call back'' has been arranged, the first last week and i am still yet to recieve a call, i then called back a fourth time and told the advisor that i would be sending a letter demanding the full amount i have been charged by abbey and that legall action would commence in 7 days if they do not refund the charges. do u guys think i gave to much action too soon?? and where can i get help drafting the letter to send to the bank demandin the refunds and full list of charges??

thanx in advance

f*** bank charges! LOL

You obviously haven't read around the forum because if you had you would find everything you need is already available.

You obviously haven't read around the forum because if you had you would find everything you need is already available.

actually i have read the FAQ's and also around the furom, im jus tryn to get things done in the most productive and efficeint way, things dont always go according to clockwork!

wat im trying to say is that i did not even get to speak to a manager at the call centre level and if it was ok to leave a complaint and ionform abbey what i was goin to do to an ordinary call centre employee.

thanx for ur reply anyways

i shall read around more

f*** bank charges! LOL

, im jus tryn to get things done in the most productive and efficeint way

We also are trying to do this. We find that posting the material once in an obvious place such as the library or the FAQ is extremely productive and efficient when others are prepared to have a look and read them.

In this way we have managed to support and assist nearly 7,000 people.

, im jus tryn to get things done in the most productive and efficeint way

We also are trying to do this. We find that posting the material once in an obvious place such as the library or the FAQ is extremely productive and efficient when others are prepared to have a look and read them.

In this way we have managed to support and assist nearly 7,000 people.

ok thanks mate, appreciate the help you guys are giving :D

f*** bank charges! LOL

If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason why you feel it necessary to speak to their call centre? It hardly seems likely that some wee guy earning 50p an hour in a far distant call centre has the authority to refund you any money. Look at the people on this forum who are getting their money back. They tend to be doing it in a fairly aggresive and no nonsense give-me-back-my-money-now-or-go-to-court way.

Arguing with the call centre, or going through 'complaint procedures' just leads you into a carefully crafted maze which is designed to keep you talking until you give up.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

i told them that the were legally required to do so, but they kept on trying to fobb me off, i then asked to be put thru to a manager, and twice i got ''cut off accidentally'' called a third, talked to a guy who claimed to be a manager and couldnt talk to me from the custumer service advisors desk and said he was calling me back in 5 mins, this is now over and hour, and this is the second time a ''call back'' has been arranged, the first last week and i am still yet to recieve a call"

I have had EXACTLY the same thing happen with Grabby!!!

They are obviously trained to do it!

Talk is cheap. Supply exceeds Demand.

Read my thread - "New Abbey claim.....but I live in Scotland!" as I had a very productive chat with Abbey! :D

Abbey

Data Protection Act Request 14th March

Chaser sent 3rd April giving 20 days to respond

Request for Payment and Data Protection Act Failure letter sent 23/05/06

Full statements recieved end of May

Letter Before Action sent 13/06/06.

Claim amount - £1938 plus £288.79 interest

Claim submitted 28/06/06

Ref: 6QZ42158

wow! i called abbey this evening, was put thru to this girl in england, she offered to send all the statements and charges at no cost! dont know wats goin on? they are probably changing strategy...

f*** bank charges! LOL

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

f*** bank charges! LOL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks