halfangelhalftart v. Littlewoods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

how is it unenforcable? Has it been proven?

Not that I want to shirk my debt. I just want it out of their hands cos I'm sick of their incompetence. £12 charged for a debt collection phonecall - their fault for not opening their post!!! I have told them in nearly every letter I've sent that I won't ring their 0844 number. I'm having financial difficulties - I can't afford to accrue a high phone bill!

look at this thread of mine

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/145724-littlewoods-cca-lowells.html

and also this one http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/157909-littlewoods-have-produced-cca.html

hope this helps

Just a thought but......... we all know NDR are Littlewoods in house muppets, have had them sending me Bobs (the mad bunnies) lining for his hutch for the past 2 years.

What I would question is, why does anybody communicate with them?

They have no rights of assignment, they can effect no litigious action (in their name), you (regardless of CCA) have no contractual obligation to them.

As for charges, if you CCA or DSAR Littlewoods again they will (or should) include up to date statements - you'll see its Littlewoods/Additions applying the charges, nothing courtesy of NDR.

I'm gradually repaying mine, at my own pace of course - so far incurred 24 of the phantom £12.00 charges plus C.I at 39%.

Just trundled along keeping a paper trail of recorded delivery letters to them (the OC).

Only a few quid to go then I'll be reclaiming charges and setting balance to zero.

Would not advise speaking to these muppets :D

• 2 years later...

I sent a CCA request to Lowell who have taken over a debt from Littlewoods. They sent me a letter advising that they had asked for a copy off the original lender. The letter goes on to say that they will do their best to get it to me in 12 working days but, ...this does depend on when your original lender can send it'

Surely if they have bought the debt then they should have the paperwork? Is the wording of this letter legal?

Thanks for your advice.

Cara

Hi Half

They've got 14 days to provide the requested documentation. After that send the Account in Dispute letter.

But also read the following:- OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

Hi you say Lowell have taken over the debt(Have they stated in writing that they own the debt Letter of Assignment) I get the impression they only represent Littlewoods.

Even if they own the debt the agreement is usually held by the OC.

Nice of Lowells to say they will do their best to obtain the agreement,if no response after 14 days send them a letter Account in Dispute letter template in site file

Regards FS

Hi Half

They've got 14 days to provide the requested documentation. After that send the Account in Dispute letter.

But also read the following:- OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

So i can pay them £1 per month for the rest of my life but they can't take me to court at any time? Am I translating that right?

This is where there is an issue (for some) of moving from dealing with the **** of DCA's and into debt avoidance. CAG is not about debt avoidance, but you may well find your debt is unenforceable but does still exist, what you do then is your concern...

You do not say when you last made a payment to either the OC or if you have paid the DCA anything, but while you could pay the DCA £1 IF this is all you can honestly afford, you could well be wasting your money.

You should place the debt in dispute, at this point you do not pay them anything until a valid CCA is presented to you (scan and post on here with personal details omitted).

You should never send you income/expenditure as only a DJ can ask for this.

Stay off the phone.

I'm sure you can pick up more on here but that will be enough for now; I suggest you first make a donation to CAG (if you can) and then spend some time looking at other threads you will soon 'learn' how the DCA's act and what your rights are as an alleged debtor, better to read it than be 'told' it.

Andrew

Escaped the DCA nightmare, now helping others start businesses

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk

HalfH,I would not advocate going down the route of just paying £1 for ever and thinking they will not take you to court,

It is possible that a Recon Agreement will appear along with T&Cs which could hold up in court

If the Recon Agreement appears read the PriorityOne thread,which will give you the reply to Recons

FS

thanks everyone.i will send an Account in Dispute letter to them as no CCA has appeared from anyone yet. I'm not trying to avoid the debt but I've had so much hassle from them when I tried to be nice and play it their way. I had agreed lesser payments with Littlewoods when I was on maternity but they kept charging me £12 per month for not making the minimum payment and then putting a non payment record on my credit file!