halfangelhalftart v. Littlewoods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I can't start a new thread I'm tacking on here if that's ok..

As with many folk I'm finding things tough financially so when my last statement for Littlewoods came in I paid as much as I could and emailed to advise them of my situation. I advised them of the maximum I could pay. They emailed back asking me to ring them to arrange a payment plan. The lady went through a few options...all of which were more than I could afford. I was advised that I'd be entered into an IBC which would attract a 39% interest rate!! How is that supposed to help someone with financial difficulties??? Oh, and they're going to be charging me a £10 late payment administration fee.

Is there anything I can throw at them??? I don't want to shirk my debt and I advised them as soon as I saw the problem arising. But I'm really knarked about this 39%!!!!

Any advise would be really appreciated.

Ta

Cara

Hi Cara

First thing I would do is send Littlewoods this letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter 'N'

Do not sign and send £1 postal order, again do not sign.

How long have you had the account?

Jogs

Another question, how did you get an account, over phone or online?

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I've had the account for about 4 years now and I've never had any problems with my account. Considering the state of affairs for much of the country right now you'd think they'd be a bit more lenient and understanding when someone does actually want to clear their account rather than do a runner!

I read somewhere that IBC was there sister company and basically they offer you an extended loan with a stupid interest rate (I'm sure the girl on the phone said 39%) to clear your catalogue debt.

I think I read somewhere that it is very bad practice to offer new credit to someone who has admitted financial problems (I might have dreamt this so don't quote me on it) If this is so, could I 'threaten' them with reporting them?

I think I opened the account after being stopped by some marketing people in the high street!

• 1 month later...

Sent a CCA letter - and sadly they did send me a signed credit agreement. Boohiss. Is there anyway to test for forgery? LOL The pen line of my signature looks like it was written with a felt tip - but it is definately my signature.

So should my next step be to send them a budget planner?

They ring me every day demanding some form of payment plan and have said they won't accept less than £50 per month. I advised them that I was awaiting an appointment with the Citizens Advice with regards debt management solutions but at a guess I'd only be able to offer them £16 per month. They said they wouldn't accept his and I'd be referred to a debt management company, charges and interest would be added etc etc. I tell them every time the ring that I won't discuss my account by phone but they say there is nothing they can do - that until a plan is put into place they have to ring me.

Can I legally ask them to remove my telephone number from their records?

Also, I'm due to go on maternity leave in December - reducing my income even further. If I return to work I will have to pay childcare for 2 or leave work entirely so my ablity to pay will probably be down to nill! Should I forwarn them of this?

Sorry for all the questions....

Cara

• 3 weeks later...

So, sent an income/expenditure to them offering them a paltry monthly sum. I received a letter dated 29th July advising that that my repayment schedule would commence 20th Aug for 6 payments. they included just 3 bank giro slips tho. Pfft.

Anyhoo...few days later, letter dated 31 July stating that the payment arrangement had completed and to ring them to discuss future repayments!!! WTF???!!! Numpties.

lol!

If you have online banking it is sometimes a good idea to do it that way as it's free.

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

I have got a letter semi composed asking for their bank details. I'm having a baby in a few months so getting out to a post office and waiting in a queue etc (and actually remembering to do it) is going to be a very hit and miss affair. (which I'm sure they'd be waiting to pounce on and lay charges upon).

Can I SAR Littlewoods or is it just for banks?

• 2 weeks later...

It goes on!! I am soooooo effing annoyed. As I stated above they sent a letter advising that a payment plan would commence 20th August (followed by a letter stating the agreement had come to an end to which no explanation has been forthcoming)

Anyhoo...I made my payment like the good girl that I am.

Today I got a letter dated 15th August stating that I had "...failed to respond to requests to pay in accordance with your agreement"

WTF!!! How could I have failed to pay when the 1st payment wasn't even due at the date the letter was produced??? In bold they go on to say that they are about to issue a Satutory Default Notice unless I pay arrears in 14 days. Or alternatively I can ring them to discuss a "..reasonable proposal for payment"....

Haven't I already done that? Hadn't it already been agreed? Haven't I complied with it by making my first payment???

Aww..and bless them, at the bottom

"If you are experiencing financial difficulties contact us for appropriate advice"

Erm...Yes, I'm experiencing financial difficulties, that's why I've been referred to them in the first place!!

It is sooo lucky that I can't ring 0844 numbers from my landline or I'd have rang them up and made a total idiot of myself.

Is this incompetence? Should I complain to someone? I advised Littlewoods as soon as I knew I would be struggling and that I was contacting Citizens Advice. I sent them an income/expenditure but they just keep ringing me and sending threatening letters despite what I thought was an agreed payment plan. I am under financial stress and 20 weeks pregnant - I just don't need this hassle and angst created by them!

ARRGhghghg

..and it goes on. Letter dated 21st Aug received today. They acknowledge the payment I made but this amount in unacceptable and require a minimum payment of XX amount.

This surely contradicts their letter of 21st July where they advised me of a payment plan and amount to commence 20th Aug!!!! I am so confused and very annoyed. At least if they do go ahead with the Statutory Default I might end up dealing with some semi competent people!!!

• 1 year later...

Well a year later and I'm still having grief with this lot and their NDR. I have had a payment plan with them since August but they keep charging me a £12 late payment charge. Every month I have to send a letter NDR and complain but only once has the charge been removed. They review my plan after every 6 payments - the latest ending at the end of July and so they sent a letter advising me to ring them to discuss. I have told them in every letter I send that I will not ring them as I cannot afford to ring 0844 numbers. So I sent a letter recorded delivery. They did not receive it and so they rang me to discuss. I advised that I had sent a letter and could increase my payment slightly until I go back to work (ironically I am going to be worse off when I go back due to paying childcare for 2 children).

I received my statement today and they have charged me £12 for that phonecall!!! How can they justify this?? I was soo furious I rang to complain and go so angry that I as stormed through the house to dig out the letter I'd sent I walked into my 7 month old baby and kneed him in the head (accidently) and so I threw my phone to the floor to attend to him and broke my phone. I am soo sick of dealing with this incompetent lot. I can't afford to ring them and my letters aren't getting to them.

Can I force them to send my debt to a CCJ just to get rid of them???

did you ever sent them te cca request or sar?

i think it'sabout time you claimed those charges back and or checked to see if they still have the original agreement

idax

how is it unenforcable? Has it been proven?

Not that I want to shirk my debt. I just want it out of their hands cos I'm sick of their incompetence. £12 charged for a debt collection phonecall - their fault for not opening their post!!! I have told them in nearly every letter I've sent that I won't ring their 0844 number. I'm having financial difficulties - I can't afford to accrue a high phone bill!