EXPERIAN... The final battle commences

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I did get them to remove the default in the end because the credit provider had not lodged a default against me ever and that they had not contacted me directly. Totally outrageous! Not sure whether my credit score will be affected or recompensed once it has been removed....this whole industry is just outrageously regulated.:roll:

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is completely unregulated, just look at what is happening at the moment with banks all over the world. Credit crunch and bank has caused that and next will be recession in the UK not only will peoples homes be repossess but they will be loosing their jobs as well, all banks greed fault.

What I have found out is how many bank have connections with other banks across Europe and indeed the world. We have no protection whatsoever from sharks like CRA's and DCA's and the banking industry.:evil:

It is completely unregulated, just look at what is happening at the moment with banks all over the world. Credit crunch and bank has caused that and next will be recession in the UK not only will peoples homes be repossess but they will be loosing their jobs as well, all banks greed fault.

What I have found out is how many bank have connections with other banks across Europe and indeed the world. We have no protection whatsoever from sharks like CRA's and DCA's and the banking industry.:evil:

So true.

I would be feeling that it is the banks getting their just deserves, except that it is going to destroy our way of life as we have known it post-war. It really is that serious. No government can bail this out - they are just making a show of it. They know things are way beyond saving.

What will happen - I don't know - history has never seen anything close to this before; and I include the great depression in that. This will be far, far worse :-(

A NOC isn't worth the paper it's printed on - most CRA credit checks are credit scored and are therefore unable to take any information in the NOC in to account.

Today I received my requested credit report from Equifax and it has a notice of correct regarding a search that I have complained to Information Commissioners Office about letting DCA's into my account without any authority. One of the DCA's was removed because Equifax confirmed in writing that they did not have any paperwork. However as mentioned above the other DCA trace is still on my credit report with the correct below:

The corrected is dated. 17/06/08 and it says:

NOTICE OF DISPUTE - THE INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED AS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THE SEARCHES AT THIS ADDRESS AND WE HAVE NOW CONTACTED THE SUBSCRIBER CONCERNED. CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN WHEN USING DATA AT THIS ADDRESS TO ASSESS THE CREDITWORTHINESS OF TH INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED.

The above was inserted on 17 June 08 how long does it take for them to send an agreement but I know they do not have one as the OC has confirmed to me that they nothing on me regarding data save for old bank statements that I could not make head or tail of.

Should I contact Information Commissioners Office and asked what is going on as they have not acknowledge my letter of complaint to them but they have obviously contacted Equifax as they would not have put that correct on my report?:-?

Who put the default you are disputing on your creidt file Allwood - the OC or the DCA?

If it is the OC, it's them you must contact to remove the default; if the DCA, you need to send the DCA the OC's confirmation that they do not have a CCA & ask them to remove the default forthwith. If they refuse, besides the ICO (who will prob. take until the next century to act as they are snowed under) you can take legal action under the DPA against the DCA. An LBA should be enough to convince them!

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Who put the default you are disputing on your creidt file Allwood - the OC or the DCA?

If it is the OC, it's them you must contact to remove the default; if the DCA, you need to send the DCA the OC's confirmation that they do not have a CCA & ask them to remove the default forthwith. If they refuse, besides the Information Commissioners Office (who will prob. take until the next century to act as they are snowed under) you can take legal action under the Data Protection Act against the DCA. An LBA should be enough to convince them!

Hi foolishgirl it was BCW that put the trace on my file, I even wrote to them last year for a CCA but they said that they would refer the matter to Thames but not hear anything from them. Surely CRA should not let their friends DCA's put traces on people credit file just on their word not any proof that there is allege debt.

I think I will send the letter to BCW and copy it to Equifax as well the Information Commissioners Office. In fact the OC lender has sent 3 letter confirming that they have send all they have on me by way of data in response to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). I will post the letters from OC later when I get a bit of time.

Actually, I think I will not send the confirmation to the DCA, I will send it to Equifax as they should not have allowed them into my personal data without my consent.:evil:

Edited by Allwood

sorry you havnt heard from me for a while. Thanks for al the input here. the fight goes on and we have reached that stage when I have to stop posting details to prevent the enemy knowing the next stage and how not to fall into it.

good luck everybody and I wil let you know when the battle is won...

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

Good Luck finlander, lets hope theres no gagging clause in any deal done with the CRA's so you can come back and tell everyone. ;)

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Best of luck, ive too come to a stale mate with them,

i await the outcome

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

Good luck

yes they are everywhere,,,,,be careful watch your back and keep your next move secret,,,,just come back and give us good results! and hope!

ciao for now maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Look what Experain put on their Terms and Conditions web page.

They are actually saying that the info they provide is useless. One must therefore presume that any written reports are not worth the paper they are written on. And don't they just love using that word "reasonable"

Im sure that this would not go down too well with a defamation case or libel case. If they cannot prove back up, or guarantee their own info they should'nt publish it in the first place.

How do most people get their reports or how do suppliers pass the information to them? At a guess I would say it's online over the the internet!!!

Guarantee

The content is only for general information, and we provide it as it becomes available. We take reasonable care to check that the content is accurate and complete before we publish it on the website. However, because we get the content from a number of different sources - and because of the issues involved with providing information through the Internet - we cannot guarantee that the content will always be accurate, available, complete or fit for any particular purpose.

Edited by Wirral

Reasonable care is not defined in law ....what they may think is reasonable does not mean a judge woud agree....its a mattter for interprtation ....and we all know what Experian mean by reasonable ....because they take what a supplier tells them is correct......that is reaonable care?????...I don't think so

sparkie

Reasonable care is not defined in law ....what they may think is reasonable does not mean a judge woud agree....its a mattter for interprtation ....and we all know what Experian mean by reasonable ....because they take what a supplier tells them is correct......that is reaonable care?????...I don't think so

sparkie

EXACTLY!

How many people have letters from them with "reasonable care" in it?

I've had at least 3.

No, the do care about joe public, all they are concerned about is their DCA's clients. One CRA let 2 organization into my personal data without my consent and had no authority into my file whatsoever.

Waiting to hear from ICO regarding this breach of data.:(

I think I might start putting that on any forms I fill in for banks or credit card companies :)

And add " The information I provide you with is correct as of todays date ....but my circumstances may change at any given time and therefore the reason for any innaccuracies that may occur in the future!!!!:D:cool:

sparkie

...we cannot guarantee that the content will always be accurate, available, complete or fit for any particular purpose.

The current banker created global financial catastrophe is complete proof how utterly pointless the CRAs have been since they first climbed out of the sewers to prostitute our Data.

Had they never existed, we'd still be neck deep in exactly the same Debt Industry poo as we now find ourselves.

Millions of Credit Checks and intrusive searches have had the square root of feck all protecting the very Debt Industry they claim to have been shielding from cash hungry irresponsible Consumers.

The banking Titanic floating on a sea of invisible number-money was going to hit the Pooberg no matter what. The CRAs just made the Ship smelly, unnecessarily costly and very unpleasant to sail in while it was still afloat.

The sad irony is the bankers, DCAs and CRAs have been given a £500 Billion Fleet of 1st Class Gin Palace Lifeboats to sail away on.

The rest of us, however, are stuck on board and are going down with the Ship.

Cheers,

BRW

No, BRW, I'm in the CAG lifeboat & intent on surviving! :grin:

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

The banking Titanic floating on a sea of invisible number-money was going to hit the Pooberg no matter what. The CRAs just made the Ship smelly, unnecessarily costly and very unpleasant to sail in while it was still afloat.

LMAO. Brilliantly put, BRW :grin:

The current banker created global financial catastrophe is complete proof how utterly pointless the CRAs have been since they first climbed out of the sewers to prostitute our Data.

Had they never existed, we'd still be neck deep in exactly the same Debt Industry poo as we now find ourselves.

Millions of Credit Checks and intrusive searches have had the square root of feck all protecting the very Debt Industry they claim to have been shielding from cash hungry irresponsible Consumers.

The sad irony is the bankers, DCAs and CRAs have been given a £500 Billion Fleet of 1st Class Gin Palace Lifeboats to sail away on.

Cheers,

BRW

Don't forget that the credit checks are designed to protect the bank, and it's shareholders as a consequence of that, from unresponable lending.

Shame that caper didn't work out then, isn't it? :p

I wonder if they will start credit checking their brokers that perform billions of pounds of transactions a day with the same gusto, then? ;)

No, the do care about joe public, all they are concerned about is their DCA's clients. One CRA let 2 organization into my personal data without my consent and had no authority into my file whatsoever.

Waiting to hear from Information Commissioners Office regarding this breach of data.:(

hiya all

this has caught my eye,,,only asking as on my sars i got back for one of my creditors i noticed they had inputted my mortgage amount still owing, yet im pretty sure they didnt get that from me so, was it from my credit file do you all think?

thanks just trying to understand this a little more ta maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks