EXPERIAN... The final battle commences

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have the same problem as Mackembulldog,

I had a reply from Experian saying that a default by Cap One is shown as satisfied but LOWELLS placed another one on my file for the same thing, ( obviously bought the debt ) but CCA'd LOWELLS no documentaton sent back but stated in a letter that although they cannot produce a signed copy of the CCA, deed of assigment etc the default is placed correctly.

Experian say that The Cap One is a seperate account and wont remove Lowells even though I've informed them that no documentation exists to show I have an account with Lowells!! :-(

Edited by falcon185

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

low and behold i got turned down for a Vanquis card. why because of defaults on my credit files that shouldn't be on there.

Mr Hancock i hope you are reading this post. i warned you that this would happen because of your libel statements on my credit files that you allow. so god help me enough is enough. its time to go that step further now.

Finlander up for this then. time for libel action in the county courts i think.

Have you read Dipply's thread cteam - looks as though she's going the same way, maybe you should get your heads together?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/150213-cabot-dodgy-default-credit.html

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Have you read Dipply's thread cteam - looks as though she's going the same way, maybe you should get your heads together?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/150213-cabot-dodgy-default-credit.html

that link isn't working foolishgirl... let the Cabot Fan Club at it !! :D:D

Cabot and the Cabot Fan Club Threads:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/73598-dealing-cabot-101-cabot.html

Legal Actions Explained for Businesses:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20492-legal-actions-explained-company.html

Payplan CCCS Advice:

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/128587-info-cccs-payplan-experiences.html?highlight=Payplan

How to use the Forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

A click on the scales below is appreciated if my posts were helpful

Do not regard my postings or suggestions as professional advice. If in doubt seek a professional opinion.

PLEASE DONATE IF SUCCESSFUL - Every little helps :)

PLEASE, Do not Private Message me with basic questions, start your own thread and PM a link if you wish, but I will not be able to respond to all individual questions as I am very busy on numerous other things and anyway, others cannot learn from PM's. It also stifles contributions from the vast talent base this site offers from it's contributors and I'm not all that clever really! :D Thank you.

Sorry, having trouble with these links recently - try this www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/150213-cabot-dodgy-default-credit.html

& copy & paste into your browser if necessary.

It's def. working for me!

Edited by foolishgirl
addition

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Sorry, having trouble with these links recently - try this www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/150213-cabot-dodgy-default-credit.html

& copy & paste into your browser if necessary.

It's def. working for me!

That one works thanks.:wink:

Cabot and the Cabot Fan Club Threads:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/73598-dealing-cabot-101-cabot.html

Legal Actions Explained for Businesses:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20492-legal-actions-explained-company.html

Payplan CCCS Advice:

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/128587-info-cccs-payplan-experiences.html?highlight=Payplan

How to use the Forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

A click on the scales below is appreciated if my posts were helpful

Do not regard my postings or suggestions as professional advice. If in doubt seek a professional opinion.

PLEASE DONATE IF SUCCESSFUL - Every little helps :)

PLEASE, Do not Private Message me with basic questions, start your own thread and PM a link if you wish, but I will not be able to respond to all individual questions as I am very busy on numerous other things and anyway, others cannot learn from PM's. It also stifles contributions from the vast talent base this site offers from it's contributors and I'm not all that clever really! :D Thank you.

Ok.. Lets give you an outline of what Milsy had to say.

Be aware though that it is becoming increasingly apparent that Experian are reading this thread. So do not say anything that they can use as defamation against them.

From now on we are about to enter the court stage of this so the postings will get more vague. That is to avoid giving away tactics to the spy’s on here. :wink:

Ok well milsy’s response was divided into sections to address each point,

They basically consisted of this.

Ø What Experian's responsibilities were? Printout of their terms and conditions

Ø A confirmation that the notices of correction were put on.

Ø A rebuke for to me saying that the case of a wrongly filed report incurring £1000 damages didn’t apply to me as the case was about a wrongly bounced check.

Ø A paragraph about how defamation can’t be heard in the county court, the pre-trial protocol don’t exist and that even though they don’t exist they deny all claims as there reply letter.

Ø A copy of a judgement concerning a couple called Rankin who tried to have their agreements ruled unenforceable but failed with a veiled ‘beware’ undercurrent.

Ø A denial that saying that ‘ it is not defamation to say you haven’t paid a debt when you haven’t’

Ø A denial of any breach of the DPA and copy of the ICO’s standard letter

Ø And lastly a statement saying we will defend all action please mark all papers for Milsy.

Ok as you can imagine Milsy, with his ‘Head of Intellectual property etc’ tag, has p*#sed me off a bit. His letter seems quite well written at first until you read it properly. Then it turns into the usual week, transparent claptrap.

What really annoys me is the misleading statements about not being allowed to take defamation to the county court, the pre-trial rules not applying and quoting a judgement that has about as much bearing on my case as the case of WINNE THE POOH v FIVE ACRE WOOD!!!

Well let battle commence. Sparkie any help with case law etc greatly appreciated.

Milsy (good old Milsy)…. YOU WANT A FIGHT…YOU’VE GOT ONE!

And by the way all letters will be marked for your attn and a copy sent to each member of your board. So when you lose they know whom to blame!

Mr Finlander , Head of the Sky remote control, Keeper of the Kitty Litter and Trustee of the Lawn mower. ;)

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

He is trying to twist that judgement to his own twisted ideas...the case was over a bounced cheque but the awrd was for £5500, the £ 1000 award was for damage to his credit status a small portion of the for damage that "may" have been done to his credit status in "BLOODY NIGERIA" the man is wrong wrong wrong,

Lord Morritt

It is abundantly clear, in my judgment, (see [1920] AC 102 at 112, [1918-19] All ER Rep 1035 at 1037 per Lord Birkenhead LC). The credit rating of individuals is as important for their personal transactions, including mortgages and hire-purchase as well as banking facilities, as it is for those who are engaged in trade, and it is notorious that central registers are now kept. I would have no hesitation in holding that what is in effect a presumption of some damage arises in every case, in so far as this is a presumption of fact.

He said that it was 'somewhat coincidental' that this was £1,000 more than the amount of the cheque, although I think he meant by this that the appropriate sum by way of general damages could be calculated in that way in the circumstances of this case. This amount, as he explained, contained some allowance, though not very great, for injury to the plaintiff's credit and reputation in Nigeria such as was alleged to have occurred. This is consistent with a correct approach to the award of general damages in a case where the plaintiff claimed that he was an exporter/importer and therefore the defendants could reasonably contemplate that he might suffer some injury to his credit in a country overseas.

Have you some more later I hope

sparkie

Tell Mr " Millsy" it is irellevant what the entry on a credit file is about it could be selling a dead pig as a live one its incorrect and damaging for that reason,

A denial that saying that ‘ it is not defamation to say you haven’t paid a debt when you haven’t’

Under the Defamation Act

It is not up to the Claimant to prove it wrong and untrue its up to the Defendant to prove it true correct and right.

Give him an example ...If I say to people finlander owes me £100 and you do owe me £100 if I can't prove it I've called you as someone who does not pay his debts.... if I can't prove it I have defamed you.

Fact

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

sparkie,

He was being obtuse. Trying to say that I think that the case was the same when in fact it was the judges remarks concerning the importance of someones credit report that was the point. For the head of intelectual property he seems to be showing a marked lack of it. Never mind we shall educate him.

I forgot to mention. One thing he didn't enswer in his letter was 'WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A DEFAULT'

but his company bumf he sent through does.

It says that it is issued under the CCA and means that I have failed to keep to the terms of my agreement. Interesting ... what agreement...?

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

interesting...one

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

interesting one guest watching again.........;)

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

interesting one guest watching again.........;)

wonder who?

Would the guest like to identify themselves???? or maybe not hey?

You could also mention this to Millsey

Misrepresentation Act 1967

Negligent Misrepresentation

For negligent misrepresentation the burden of proof rests on the representee

to show that they had reasonable grounds for believing it to be true. This can

be a heavy burden to discharge.

Merely saying so and so told me is not acceptable

Fraudulent misrepresentation was defined by Lord Herschell in Derry v Peek

(1889) as a false statement that is "made (i) knowingly, or (ii) without belief in

its truth, or (iii) recklessly, careless as to whether it be true or false.

sparkie

Hello Finlander!

interesting one guest watching again.........

That'll be Millsy then! I bet they have this Thread displayed full-time 24/7 on a 92 inch Plasma Screen in their deepest bunker, the one with anti-CAG flash doors and positive ventilation!

Cheers,

BRW

I have already forced both Experian and Equifax to remove the default by HBOS on my files Callcredit refuse to I have already written to John Mc Andrew managing Director of callcredit and Lord Stevenson chairmanof HBOS had an acknowledgement from his executive office saying they are waiting additional info. So I've followed up with this

To and for the Personal Attention of

Jayne Dungan

Executive Office HBOS

Trinity Road Halifax

HX 2 RG

Reference Unlawfully supplied information to CRA’s By HBOS

Your Ref 363628120

Dear Miss/Mrs Dungan,

I am in receipt of your letter dated yesterday 6th August 2008, wherein you state you are awaiting further information, I just add the comment about that, as follows the only information you need is the production of an executed CCA agreement between myself and the HBOS which cannot be produced.

I am sorry to be so blunt

I also wish to inform you that having disputed an account default entry on my credit held by Callcredit (Credit Reference Agency) applied by the HBOS and demanded they remove it from my file as it has been unlawfully supplied, Callcredit have informed me that they cannot do so because HBOS have confirmed it is lawfully supplied. Under the Misrepresentation Act 1967 that is a negligent misrepresentative statement. HBOS know full well and have known for a considerable length of time it that it is not been lawfully supplied as without a lawful contract cannot use the only other option available “the legitimate interest condition” no lawful agreement …no legitimacy.

Negligent Misrepresentation

For negligent misrepresentation the burden of proof rests on the representee

to show that they had reasonable grounds for believing it to be true. This can

be a heavy burden to discharge.

Fraudulent misrepresentation was defined by Lord Herschell in Derry v Peek

(1889) as a false statement that is "made (i) knowingly, or (ii) without belief in

its truth, or (iii) recklessly, careless as to whether it be true or false.

I am totally disgusted and angry at the arrogance of HBOS in this matter, which has caused me severe distress, anger, damage and frustration and still is causing me.

I advise that I fully intend to take action in the County Court against both HBOS under section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 for (a) the unlawful supply of this default under the First Principle of the Data Protection Act 1998, and

Callcredit for (b) the acceptance of this data and the further processing and passing of it to third parties ( publishing).

Schedule 11 The First Principle of the Act states that in order to process personal data controller must fulfil at least one of the conditions of the First Principle, furthermore in order to process sensitive and confidential data they must also fulfil one of the conditions in Schedule 111 of the Act, banking information is considered confidential information. HBOS and Callcredit will be named as joint Defendants as they are joint data controllers with HBOS.

I undertook long and lengthy correspondence with HBOS through out 2004 regarding the CCA agreement appertaining to this alleged default of the agreement and the alleged amount of money of the default debt.

I made a request under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (amended 2006) (CCA) for the supply of a copy of the executed agreement.

HBOS were unable to comply with that request and still have not supplied that copy, therefore not only are HBOS in default of the CCA, but they have also attempted and supplied 3 separate completely different agreements, all of which state they are the agreement that governs the account, none are signed by both parties to make any of an executed lawful agreement.

I once again strongly suggest that HBOS offer a very substantial sum, in compensation for the issues and facts I state following;

HBOS by being unable to supply a copy of the fully executed agreement cannot ask the court to enforce it under section 65 of the CCA, they have not applied to do this for reason HBOS are fully aware that any attempt to enforce it would not succeed, section 127 of the CCA would prevent this. I paste here the Law Lords ruling on this issue. Taken from Wilson v First Counties Trust;

Quote;

Failure to comply with the duty to supply a copy of an executed or unexecuted agreement pursuant to sections 62 and 63 section 127(4) precludes the court from making an enforcement order

.In effect, the creditor – by failing to ensure that he obtained a document signed by the debtor which contained all the prescribed terms – must (in the light of the provisions in sections 65(1) and 127(3) of the 1974 Act) be taken to have made a voluntary disposition, or gift, of the loan monies to the debtor. The creditor had chosen to part with the monies in circumstances in which it was never entitled to have them repaid.

I will submit to the court that having been previously advised that the agreement was unenforceable and I had also informed HBOS in February 2004 that I had withdrawn my consent for the to process data about me, as can be done under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The default entry was entered whilst the account and agreement was in serious dispute

It will be noted that the original “alleged” default debt has not increased on my credit file, which IF there was a lawful CCA agreement were in place that would allow HBOS to increase it by way of interest and HBOS would most certainly have done so if that was possible, of that there is no doubt.

I paste here Guidance notes issued by the Information Commissioners Office regarding default entries on credit files

39 Records

Any default record should be accurate. We normally expect a lender to keep records that are necessary to show anagreement exists and to support filing a default. We would also expect a lender to be able to produce evidence to justify a default record they had placed on a credit reference file.Not having any supporting records may indicate a breach of the data protection principle requiring personal data to be adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose for which it is processed.

Is the lender prepared to take court action if not why not?

HBOS do not intend and will not take action against me, because they hold no lawful enforceable agreement.

43 If we conclude that there is a genuine, reasonable and unresolved dispute between the borrower and lender, then we are likely to find that personal data have been processed unfairly if a default has been filed. Defaults filed in these circumstances may also be inadequate for the purpose of credit referencing in that they do not provide meaningful information about the creditworthiness of the customer.

In the action that I now fully intend to take as I have now saved up enough money to have Counsel and a solicitor to represent me in Court. My warnings of Court action is not the warning of a “paper tiger”. It is a well known fact that Banks and financial institutions rely on the fact hat most individual will not take action against them, I can say I am not one of those individuals. I am also a trades person

I have suffered far too much damage this default has caused me for over 4 years and I will ask Counsel to stress to the court that under the circumstances this entry has been made maliciously, to cause as much damage to me as possible for reason that as HBOS cannot take court action, have entered the default, have confirmed it is lawful on many occasions to the CRA’s when they are perfectly aware it is not.

I will submit the following case laws also

Kohporar V Woolwich relevant sections

Lord Morritt

It is abundantly clear, in my judgment, (see [1920] AC 102 at 112, [1918-19] All ER Rep 1035 at 1037 per Lord Birkenhead LC). The credit rating of individuals is as important for their personal transactions, including mortgages and hire-purchase as well as banking facilities, as it is for those who are engaged in trade, and it is notorious that central registers are now kept. I would have no hesitation in holding that what is in effect a presumption of some damage arises in every case, in so far as this is a presumption of fact.

I am also a trades person having an Auto Electrical Business, therefore I will submit that the damage is double.

I will also refer to a more recent case

Durkin v RSG and HFC Bank.

Significant sections

1. Kpohraror confirmed that such damages were available to individuals who were not traders. In that case a cheque was dishonoured and then the matter put right within 24 hours. Also in that case the plaintiff claimed both special damages and the general damages of £5,500. Lord Justice Evans said at page 124 "The credit rating of individuals is as important for their personal transactions, including mortgages and hire purchase as well as banking facilities, as it is for those who are engaged in trade, and it is notorious that central registers are now kept. I would have no hesitation in holding that what is in effect a presumption of some damage arises in every case in so far as this is a presumption of fact."

2. Evans LJ went on to consider the issue of special damages separately. There is, however, nothing in the judgment of Evans LJ to indicate that had the special damages claim been made out he would not have made an award in terms of the general damage claim. Lord Justice Waite and Sir John May each agreed in all respects with the judgment of Lord Justice Evans

3. The cases of Kpohraror, King and Wilson were all based on contract but it does not seem to me that there is any difference in principle between the nature of damages to be awarded in respect of a loss of credit brought about by a breach of contract, and one brought about by negligent misrepresentation.

4. In these circumstances and standing such a recent decision where the claims appear to have been treated as being capable of existing together, I find that the pursuer is entitled to an award for the general damage to his credit in addition to an award in respect of the actual loss flowed sustained. Having regard to all the circumstances I consider that an appropriate award would be £8,000.

Mitigation of loss.

5. The only case on record for the second defenders on the question of mitigation of loss is that the pursuer did not call upon the defenders to correct the entries that related to the pursuer's account with them. I am satisfied that he did this on many occasions. In his words he "pleaded` with them". The pursuer was cross examined about his failure to utilise the somewhat tortuous statutory notification procedures which were said to be open to him to have the registers changed. There was no evidence led to indicate how these matters were dealt with in practice, how long they took to reach a final conclusion or the likelihood of the pursuer being successful in utilising them. Given the total absence of record for the point and the lack of any evidence concerning it I disregard it. I am in any event quite satisfied that the pursuer believed he had done all he could do to get the registers corrected.

------------------------------

I have a voluminous amount of detailed correspondence to and from many sections of

HBOS about this dispute, and have in the Subject Access Data supplied by HBOS an internal diary note that states “ Mr "Sparkie" is well known to Consumer Services” I am sure the Court will take note of that statement.

Out of the millions of account holders HBOS have, that is a very strong statement, with a very “dark” malignant meaning, just because I stood up for my rights against HBOS.

I have much more evidence to support any claim I make, and I submit again that HBOS offer a substantial sum of compensation, my success in court will assist other consumers and data subjects.

Yours sincerely

sparkie

PS I 'll have to slip the Defamation angle in there somewhere I forgot....back to my keyboard....not the musical one:wink::grin:

Hows this?

Finally I must add that as HBOS cannot prove I owe any debt to them what so ever the entry on my file is defamatory, under a defamation claim, it is not up to the Claimant to prove its not true, it is up to the Defendant (HBOS) that is, so HBOS will be required to prove that fact. Merely by submitting statements etc etc will not be accepted you require a signature on a legal document, the signature is the binding fact.

Under the Wilson ruling any monies stated by HBOS are considered a gift gifts do not require being repaid, any payments I have paid have been paid under a mistake and are recoverable

Edited by Sparkie1723

guset gone...surprise......

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

:p

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

They probably copied, pasted, saved and ran :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

guset gone...surprise......

HI mate

is there anything in my letter to HBOS any use to you?.... It took me a long long time to get Experian and Equifax to remove that default, but I did it in the end.

sparkie

Sparkie...

Its all usefull and will be collated... as you can imagine what with Guests watching I am not prepared to lay all cards on the table. Needless to say Milsy will be getting a response soon but he will probably readit on here before it arrives in the post.

Wonder how the court will view spying on here when it says that you have to decalre who you are to a moderator.

Hope they arnt doing it from an experian computer. Thats tracable you know............;)

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

Hello Finlander!

That'll be Millsy then! I bet they have this Thread displayed full-time 24/7 on a 92 inch Plasma Screen in their deepest bunker, the one with anti-CAG flash doors and positive ventilation!

Cheers,

BRW

It might be me! I often don't log in if I've nothing useful to say - I feel too embarrassed.:eek:

Please keep fighting the fight. I remain in awe, just trying to keep my personal stress levels down for health's sake! :p

Having said that, I'm sure they're watching... Hello CRAs! A big raspberry from me - hope that's not libelous!;)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

It might be worth asking the Mods if the CRA section of the forum could be made available only to registered CAG members, like the Templates section? That way the login would be mandatory? Then Millsy would need a user name, registration etc?;-)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

you know milsy said that the pre-trial protocol for defamation didn't exist?

funny that but.........

PRACTICE DIRECTION - DEFAMATION CLAIMS - This practice direction supplements Part 53

the government seems to think it does????????? does that mean Milsy didn't know this or that he wasn't being entirely honest with lil ole me......;)

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

Me thinks Milsy (good ole milsy) was flying a kite. Ok well next letter will include the copy of the judgement above describing a unenforcable agrrement as gift. A copy of the Pre-trial protocols and asking Milsy if he intends to abide by them or not.

I will also ask milsy for a copy of my credit agreement and all the documents he will rely on as evidence.

It will also combine some of the stuff sparkie has supplied and will basically say put up or shut up.

If he puts up it is an N1 to the high court next.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks