Barcleys, Debt Managers, Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Took action against Barclay's to recover my charges which was a long drawn out process but got the right result in the end.

While I was in the process of claiming from them they put some more unlawful charges on my account but as I had already started court action it was to late to add these. While my account was in dispute they issued a default notice. I know I should have done something about it but was very busy and don't borrow money if I don't have the money I don't buy, so didn't really bother me.

Some time ago I had various letters from a company called Debt Managers which must be Barclay's as it had the same return address on the back of the envelope, do they thing I am really that daft.

Any way wrought to them asking for them to clarify what the alleged debt was for which they failed to reply too. I have now had a letter from Lowell portfolio claiming to have bought the debt. I then received another letter from Lowell financial claiming to be acting on behalf of Lowell portfolio asking for the money.

What is the best line of attack as it would appear Barclay's have sold a disputed debt? Not worried about the money as they would get no where in court as they would have to produce proof of what it's for and as I know about 70% is for bank charges.

Just want to give all the scumbags that think they can push people about a hard time and show them not everybody is scared of them.

So any ideas of what to put in letters who to report them to and what codes of conduct or laws they are braking greatly appreciated.

You could try sending them this letter

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref:

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, the contents of which are noted.

I am disputing the total value of these debts with **BANK** due to unlawful and unreasonable charges. As such, therefore, I consider this account to be in dispute and no further action or payment shall be made until this matter is resolved.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

This process may take some time, due to the Office of Fair Trading's test case, but I will try to expedite this issue as a matter of urgency.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

saint

Thanks for the replies. I have been putting together a letter using bits mainly from GAC but will reassess it having toke a look at some of the ideas you have posted. When I have finished it I will post it and let you all have a look.

Have a read at this. All comments corrections and improvements greatly appreciated

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that this alleged debt is disputed and Barclays bank have failed to provide any evidence the debt exists preferring to ignore the alleged debt since it became disputed.

For the avoidance of doubt I acknowledge no debt to your company or any of your associated companies nor do I acknowledge any debt to Barclays bank Plc

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts is disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question. I also require a copy of complaints procedure from Barclays and Lowells.

I require written confirmation that this matter is now closed within 14 days. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

Further more if I have to write to your company again regarding this matter or to, Trading Standards, the OFT, my MP, or the Financial Ombudsman Service, I will impose a charge of £12 per letter to cover the cost of postage stationary and labour, a further charge will be levied to cover the cost of legal advise as and when required

I have also enclosed a Statutory notice under S10 Data Protection act 1998

If you are unsure of the implications of this letter or a Statutory notice under S10 Data Protection act 1998 I suggest you seek advise from fully qualified professional.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Mr Miniconverter

Enc: Statutory notice under S10 Data Protection act 1998

Forgot to mention I had another letter at the weekend which says the following:

"In previous letters sent to you it was made clear that unless an acceptable offer of repayment was made we would take appropriate steps to recover the amount owing.

As you have failed to enter into a repayment plan we may instruct an agent in your area to visit your home to discuss repayment of your account. Unless you make contact with us in the next five days our agent may contact you with a view to arrange a visit Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am-9.00pm.

To prevent the above action taking place you MUST contact us URGENTLY so we can advise accordingly"

Now I'm really scared:lol:

Thought it would be more appropriate of them to actually find out if I owed the money or not before they start issuing treats.

Today i have had a letter from a company called Tower investigations which reads as follows

Dear Mr Miniconverter,

We act on behalf of a client and would be obliged if you could telephone us on FREEPHONE 0800 977 8042 in order to assist us with our enquiry.

Yours sincerely

Tower Investigations Ltd

Unfortunately I don't believe in coincidences so I bet I know who there client is. Would appear they are now using misleading methods.

Has anybody had dealings with these and what do you know about them? Would be nice if we could prove there client is Lowell as I am sure this must be of interest to OFT?