Remove Settled Default?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Sorry if this question has been asked before, have had a hunt but can't seem to locate anything specifically relevant but if anyone can point me in the right direction.......

I have a default settled with Next PLC showing on my file. I'm aware there is a potential way to get deafults removed from credit files by requesting the lender provides proof they filed a notification of default - but I also read something about there being a possibility of asking them to remove it under data protection and that you have only agreed they can share data for the duration of the agreement etc

Does anyone have any further information about this please?

Hi

Sorry if this question has been asked before, have had a hunt but can't seem to locate anything specifically relevant but if anyone can point me in the right direction.......

I have a default settled with Next PLC showing on my file. I'm aware there is a potential way to get deafults removed from credit files by requesting the lender provides proof they filed a notification of default - but I also read something about there being a possibility of asking them to remove it under data protection and that you have only agreed they can share data for the duration of the agreement etc

Does anyone have any further information about this please?

The truth is that once the account is settled there's little incentive for them to remove the default. Primarily the reason I have had so much success is that I made is a condition of the settlements that the default be removed.

You can try the S.10 notice to get them to stop processing your data or you can try going down the "no default notice" route but in reality they will have received so many of these by now that they will simply decline it.

Only real option is court action, i'm not aware of anyone as yet who has brought a creditor to court under the S.10 or "default notice" route though... not that it would not work, just nobody as far as i'm aware has taken it that far as yet.

Sorry that is not of much help to you, have a read of the thread posted just yesterday regarding CRA's and what the Information Commissioners Office says (on the experian website) regarding default's.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/148780-experian-final-battle-commences.html

Completed:

RBOS Charges - £2435 settled in full :)

RBOS Default Removal - Removed :)

Carphone Warehouse Default Removal - Removed :)

Welcome Finance Default Removal - Removed :)

Viking Direct CCJ - Removed :)

Littlewoods Default - Removed :-o

Ongoing:

N Hunter SAR

The truth is that once the account is settled there's little incentive for them to remove the default. Primarily the reason I have had so much success is that I made is a condition of the settlements that the default be removed.

You can challenge it under the CCA and the DPA, so it is worth doing - as the account is settled, they have less incentive to dig their heels in, rather than simply say no;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/111211-defaults-background-removal-methods.html

Always happy to help where I can!

:lol:

Beware of legal advice given on a private forum - do you REALLY know who is posting? Are they REALLY accountable for their posts? What if you follow their advice and get something wrong?

It was Winston Churchill who said; "Democracy is the worst way to run a country except for all the others"

Advice and comments posted by car2403 are offered purely without prejudice. They reflect only my personal opinion and do not represent the opinion of this forum or it's management. You should always seek legal advice from a qualified legal advisor. As a member of the site team, I disable reputation - reputation points mean nothing, please check my posting credentials yourself and make an informed decision. You shouldn't PM me and await a reply - I may be too late with a response. No replies will be given in Private Messages - just as with getting advice from the forum, getting advice via Private Messages is dangerous. CAG is about sharing successes so others can follow your example, this is primarily why I'm here, so please don't be offended if I don't offer replies in PM that doesn't comply with this. Help CAG to help others by keeping your thread up to date.

USEFUL LINKS; New User Guide to CAG | Can't find what you're looking for? | Intro to Consumer Credit Litigation | Is My Agreement Enforceable | Default (Surleybonds) Template Letter | Defaults - background, removal methods, challenges and taking a claim to Court | Digital Signature Guide | Overdrafts and the CCA

Hey Purpley, could you keep us posted on this one? I'm in exactly the same boat - paid off my debt 12 months ago - I've asked 1st Credit for a copy of my CCA (to which they replied this could take like 8 weeks), and am still waiting. That was 5 weeks ago. I know they are now in breach of the length of time to get the copy to me, but I don't know if that's enough to get the default removed.

Thanks

Hi

I've spoken to Experien and stamped my feet some, although obviously it may do zero good if Next refuse to remove it. They've added a note to my file stating it's under dispute and should not be considered when evaluating credit worthiness until Next reply. Will wait and see......