CCJ Advice Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mortgage company recently sent me a letter demanding payment for service charge with a CCJ served.

I moved out of my address 2 years ago and was on the understanding the sevice charge would be paid from my estate agent fees but as a result of miscommunication the service charge was unpaid.

I never received any correspondance from the service charge company, although I contacted the company a year ago by phone to check all payments were up to date and they confirmed nothing was outstanding and I also issued the company with my email address.

where they right to serve judgement against me?:-x

Confirmation is meaningless if it's over the 'phone. You need to contact the service charge company in writing (by rec. delivery) to find out the status of this account last year... and in order to find out if the CCJ is lawful or not.

Who went for the CCJ ?.... the mortgage co. or the service charge co. ? If you were responsible for paying the service charge co., then I can't see how/why the mortgage co. went for the CCJ.... as you wouldn't have owed them. That's how I'm reading it anyway.

service charge was owed from the service charge company who also imposed the CCJ. They imposed the CCJ early this year without my knowledge.

I contacted the service charge company last year who emailed me for my correspondence address last year. I have copies of their email and still looking for the my recorded delivery slip for letter advising my new address. The service charge company are stating they have no knowledge that a contact was made.

service charge was owed from the service charge company who also imposed the CCJ. They imposed the CCJ early this year without my knowledge.

I contacted the service charge company last year who emailed me for my correspondence address last year. I have copies of their email and still looking for the my recorded delivery slip for letter advising my new address. The service charge company are stating they have no knowledge that a contact was made.

Anyone out there with some advice?

So they're saying that they can't find anything from you to notify a change of address. Difficult..... as they're passing the buck, but you don't have the proof to hand ito support your argument that you told them you'd moved either.

The only way to find out the info. they hold on you would be to send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) (cost £10).... but there's no definite guarantee that you'll find what you're looking for, i.e your notification of a change of address.

That aside for a moment, do you agree that there is an amount outstanding or not ? If so, do you agree with the amount on the CCJ ?