Studio!!!!!!!!!! How Dare They!!!!!!!!!!

huskylady
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All again,

Just done a letter to Studio in reply to a letter to me stating that if I were to settle my a/c and pay them £67.00 they would close my account but put my name and details on a credit reference agency list but if I were to pay the full £115.00 this would not happen and no credit agency would be contacted. Basically the payment putstanding is their late payment charges which add up to more than the original opening account. Their letter was dated the 11th June and I found out last night that they had aready sent my details to a credit reference agency!!!!!!

Here is the letter I have done to them :-

Dear Sir,

I am in receipt of your letter dated 11th June with regards to account number:- *********. It is my belief that the outstanding balance is purely late payment charges and I believe these charges to be unlawful.

It is also my belief that you have no right to show this balance as outstanding to a Credit Reference Agency as these are your charges. I must also point out that I don't care too much with regard to being blackmailed into paying the final amount or you will refer this account to a Credit Reference Agency. Just to advise you and for your records, you have already referred this to a Credit Referene Agency, this was done 3 days before your letter was typed!!!!

Unless this listing is removed from the Credit Reference Agency and my account closed forthwith, I reserve the right to take you to Court to have the offending data removed and I will also make a claim for compensation as a result of unwarranted data.

I must also advise you that unless I receive a reply 14 days from the date of this letter, I will have no alternative but to pass your letter onto Trading Standards.

****** any comments regarding this letter that I have done would be greatly apreciated, I have not sent it off yet but just wanted someone with a bit of knowledge on this area to see what they think and if there is anything else I should say.

Many thanks

Huskylady

Hi Huskylady

Please beware of this company.......... They put a default on our account a few years ago for £17.00 I only noticed it recently when I ordered my credit report !!

Your letter is fine. I have added a few more things in red which you may or not want to include.

I am in receipt of your letter dated 11th June with regards to account number:- *********. You will be aware that the outstanding balance is purely late payment charges and under the Unfair Terms in a Consumer Contract Regulations 1999 these charges are deemed to be unlawful. [For example S1[e] requiring any consumer who fails to fulfil his obligation to pay a disproportionately high sum in compensation] to name but one

It is also my belief that you have no right to show this balance as outstanding to a Credit Reference Agency as these are your unlawful charges. I must also point out that I don't care too much with regard to being blackmailed into paying the final amount or you will refer this account to a Credit Reference Agency. Just to advise you and for your records, you have already referred this to a Credit Referene Agency, this was done 3 days before your letter was typed!!!!

Unless this listing is removed from the Credit Reference Agency and my account closed forthwith, I reserve the right to take you to Court to have the offending data removed and I will also make a claim for compensation as a result of unwarranted data. In addition, I will be reclaiming the unlawful charges that I have already paid amounting to £65.

I must also advise you that unless I receive a reply 14 days from the date of this letter, I will have no alternative but to pass your letter onto Trading Standards.

PS It would have been better to have added your thread here to your previous one rather than starting anew.

Hi lookinforinfo,

Thank you so so much, that letter will be off first thing in the morning, fingers crossed they might listen, but i think i'm in for a fight!!

Once again thank you very much

Huskylady

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Firstly, may I just say a huge thank you to this site and for the help I received, especially from Jake44 and especially Lookinforinfo.

Good news, I received a letter this morning from Studio, basically saying that even though they consider their charges lawful, they would on this occasion as a 'goodwill gesture' overlook all the charges and re-credit my account. I closed the account this afternoon, debt charges free, YIPPEEEEE I can now sleep at night.

Once again, many many thanks for all the help received on here.

Kindest regards

Huskylady