can i refuse to work with a co-worker

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

my wife currently works with a co-worker who insists on checking every think she does even though my wife is in charge and has already had things re-checked by someone else . the co-worker go's to the office at least twice a day to complain about my wife .and she worked in another department and did the same things there they have said they don't want her back as she causes a lot of arguments . she has cost the company a fortune in lost products . my wife has had enough and the line manager just fobs her off . she has threatened to resign .so can she refuse to work with her

please only sensible answers.

hitting her is not an option

TC

The only way to go here really is to follow the company's grievance procedure...

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Hi topcatdc,

Hopefully a sensible answer......

Has your wife tryed to reason with the co-worker being that SHE is in charge ??

Failing that she could change shift patterns around ?? or ....

Your wife should take a step back and if able, change some systems or procedures around so that the co-worker has less of a chance to check the processes.

If all else fails then she would have to raise a greivance citing "personality clash" but that would really set them apart with little hope of reconcilliation, and would likely end with one or other leaving the employment.

BB

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Is your wife senior to this person with supervisory responsibilities? I would think about calling a meeting with the offender and your wife's line manager (as an independant witness) to discuss these issues openly and honestly and see why this person acts as they do and make it clear that your wife does not need her work checking and it is not in this persons remit to do so.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!