When the Boots on the other Foot look what happens

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

& these people try to claim the high ground when collecting from consumers ................. bleeding toe-rag

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/Debt-collector-faked-theft-to.4096629.jp

His story about loan sharks chasing him is almost certainly a fiction & dreamt up to try & excuse his thieving behaviour & influence the court

Not only has he betrayed his employers trust (if that's possible) but he's also stolen from some of the least well off in society

He should have got at least 2 years

Edited by JonCris

I dont think thats a fair post at all JC.

You are tarring him with the same brush as all BAD debt collectors without knowing the first thing about the man.

I dont excuse what hes done, but talk about kicking someone when they are down. And your comment about the loan sharks is tantamount to libel.

Now roll on the comments that I must be "one of them" :rolleyes:

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Mr Shed kicking the guy when he's down? what on earth are your talking about he is a BAD debt collector he's an out & out thief for christ sake & of the worst kind who stole money obtained from the poor to settle their debts

Libellous rubbish. If he was being chased by loan sharks which loan sharks what's their names why hasn't he named them in order to substantiate his story? He certainly didn't in court & I'll tell you why because I doubt they ever existed

Sod it cant be arst to argue to be honest JC - I'll let you spout your stereotypical crap instead.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Well the bit I like is that your post is entirely hypocritical.

Lets look at the facts:

- Family guy

- Near pensionable age

- In massive amounts of debt

At this point everyone on this forum would be kissing his a**e.

- Stole money from his employer

OK, certainly questionable, but I'm sure some people here(including probably yourself) would be "he was driven to it by the debt", which although isnt an excuse, could certainly be(and is in this case) a reason.

(I could also talk about the hypocrisy of the fact taht you are so morally against DCAs but you gasp when someone detriments a DCA, but never mind....)

Then:

- Hes a debt collector

Shock! Gasp! So bloody what. You have NO idea of what kind of debt collector he is, so dont come out with the "boot on the other foot" nonsense, you have no idea if hes EVER been a bad debt collector, and you are generalising him based upon his career. At least the bloke is working and not sat on benefits milking off the state, even if his career is "morally dubious" to some (and considering I live about 5 miles away from this guys estate, I can tell you its a minor miracle in itself that he HAS a job).

Well come on, lets not stop the slanging match you multi-thousand posters.

But please, watch the spelling and grammar guys, after all we need to keep the tone up on cag do we not?

Now I'm off, I cant be arsed either.

Lol :D

Its not often, but I am allowed the occassional rant :)

• Haha 1

At least the bloke is working and not sat on benefits milking off the state, even if his career is "morally dubious" to some (and considering I live about 5 miles away from this guys estate, I can tell you its a minor miracle in itself that he HAS a job).

I'm sorry, I don't like that attitude.

I am a full time carer for my mother who has Alzheimer's. I save the state thousands every year. I'm on benefits and I totally object to this 'holier than thou' attitude of all people on benefits are milking the state.

I can see both sides to this arguement, but, Mr Shed, you lost it with me, there, pal! You talk of tarring all DCA's with the same brush, and you are doing the same about people on benefits.

I'm not here for an arguement, as I don't know either of you, but think a little before you post. Not everyone on benefits is fair game for those in dead end jobs.

Play nice, people.

I'm sorry, but I at no point said that all people on benefits are milking off the state, and I resent the implication that I did. What I said is that I'd rather this person was working that milking off the state. There is a pretty big difference - I think it was fairly obvious that I meant the "intentionally unemployed".

Personally I'd rather be on benefits which I have paid for all my working life than work as a debt collector living off the misfortunes of others who are less well off. In fact I'd rather sweep the streets than be a debt collector.

It takes a 'certain' person to be any sort of debt collector & none of it's what most people would call nice or character building

I'm sorry, but I at no point said that all people on benefits are milking off the state, and I resent the implication that I did. What I said is that I'd rather this person was working that milking off the state. There is a pretty big difference - I think it was fairly obvious that I meant the "intentionally unemployed".

Thing is MrShed, is many people do not see it that way. I have suffered a lot of abuse and discrimination, for being a carer and constantly told, "you should be working". People forget the "intentionally unemployed" bit and it isn't always fairly obvious.

I am not flaming you or out to have an arguement with you, but seeing things from a slightly off centre perspective, as I do, I felt it should be pointed out because too many people make the wrong assumption about those on benefits. I agree that in an ideal world people would all be working, and yes points to this bloke for having a job.

It's just hard sometimes, y'know. All my debts are my student debts, thousands of pounds worth, which I had every intention to pay back after graduating in a pretty good profession. That went down the pan when mum had her stroke. Now, getting close to 40, I have one incorrect CCJ, another one no doubt after the SD is set aside, no chance of buying a home and least of all, a credit reference no employer would want in their fold.

Some of us don't actually want to be tarred alongside the "milking the state" attitude because we never had any intention of being here in the first place. Just saying please think.

OK fair enough - but I do want to make it quite clear that the benefit system is there for a reason, and clearly some/a lot/the majority of people on benefits SHOULD be. There are a minority who milk the system, and it is only them I have an issue with.

OK fair enough - but I do want to make it quite clear that the benefit system is there for a reason, and clearly some/a lot/the majority of people on benefits SHOULD be. There are a minority who milk the system, and it is only them I have an issue with.

And I can agree with that - usual thing, the lowest common denominator always lowers the bar for others.

Wot 2 sides Grumpy

The guys a thief & a debt collector & should have been locked up ........... period

Locked up because he is a theif or because he is a debt collector?

Was it his first offence? How much did he steal from his employer?

I realise that he will be villified here because of his occupation, but that aside, desperate people do desperate things. We don't know the full story. At the end of the day he is one little cog in the DCA machinery. I must admit to a little smile at first until I got down to MrShed's posts & realised that he is a person with difficulties.

Remember from the bank's & DCAs point of view rogue debtors are stealing thousands by exploiting a loophole in the law that allows them to avoid paying their debts.

Didn't someone write a book about a bloke who lived 2000 years ago. Some of his best friends were thieves, tax collectors & the like, but he managed to see the real person.

• Haha 1

Has anyone looked at who his employers are? If he was a doorstep collector, I don't for one moment think they would be anything other than very high interest rate lenders. Maybe it would not be too naughty to call them loan sharks themselves if that is the case. I know of too many pepole who have loans with the Greenwoods and Welcomes of this world who often have to hide or be out of the house come collection day because they get caught up in a never ending spiral of borrowing at hundreds of percent interest.

So if Ramsden Financial are those sort of lenders then I have no sympathy at all with them. I do feel for the poor person who feels so desperate that he thinks he has no choice. Even if there were no stick weilding sharks chasing him in reality.

Didn't someone write a book about a bloke who lived 2000 years ago. Some of his best friends were thieves, tax collectors & the like, but he managed to see the real person.

Several books Mr Grumpy. Perhaps we all would do better to remember that it is not the person that we should be aiming our ire at, but the immoral aspects of the industry that they work in. Nobidy is perfect. As it says in the book you have mentioned "All have sinned."

Perhaps we should take a look inward before criticising the person rather than the deed. I don't know about anyone else but if I had no other choice between being on benefits or being a debt collector I know what I would choose. Hey, maybe thats an idea? Apply for a job and treat people with dignity and respect. We probly all have empathy we could take to the job each day.

I'VE JUST FOUND OUT HOW TO DO THE SMILIES. I know. Sad. :D