Major problems with Land of Leatherand Consumer Finances Limited

kev738
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am praying someone can help as I am at the end of my tether.

I purchased A Sofa from Land of Leather in Apr 2006 and started making monthly payments(off my own back as the company says that they could not set up direct debit) and after three months we had moved (as I am in the army and this tends to happen A LOT) I decided to get a loan to consolodate our debts. I phoned Consumer Finance Ltd to get a settlement figure which they provided and I paid.

I thought this was the end of it as two years have passed and they have recently got in touch with me and informed me that I did not settle the account as there was £200 outstanding and the total owing from that two hundred pounds over two years amounted to £2012.00 after the initial shock and me calling the lovely person at the end of the phone that they were robbing B******s they are adamant that this amount is owed. I have tried to dispute this with them to no avail. I have requested a copy of my credit agreement which they are yet to send me. Are they justified in charging this extortionat amount on £200. Are they at fault for not contacting me in two years to tell me that I was not paying anything on a debit which I believed to be paid and that I was racking up a ridiculous amount of debt.

Any Advice would be greatly received

Cheers

sorry to hear of your predicament.

have used to work for LOL, IIRC the finance was done with O+D, now creation finance.

At the point of sale when they issued the BNPL, they would have ticked the PPI no doubt

And you would not have received a reminder that the balance is due. Which i think is a bit of sharp practise . although to be fair they would have attempted to take a DD after the period.

What I would do is:

Wait for the copy of the agreement

asked for a statement on the account, this should show the payments you have made.

it you have got PPI there is a strong likelyhood you were sold this incorrectly. Bear in mind Land of Leather were find by the FSA for mis-selling this. You should have a case for cancelling it down.

Then you should negiotate the balance payment down. I dont think that 2012 for 200 is fair, and i would make them an offer after trawling through their statement.

Good luck!

how lengthy has this been for you. I am trying to aim off for the worst case scenario. I take it this has been costly for you. Are you aware if anyone who has gone this far has had any success.

Cheers

An upfate in the ongoing saga- the company has demanded that I pay the arrears in full by today or it will be passed to debt collection. Does anyone know the process for this can they just turn up at your door and take what they like. At what point can you take the company to court?

Any help will be greatly appreciated