1st Credit - No CCA (yet)

andrewk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I've recently asked 1st Credit for a CCA - they are now well over the 12 day period to produce it. I have received a letter to say they will supply, but that's it.

The debt was paid over a year ago - all I want to know is this: if they don't respond with a CCA, can I then request the entry on my credit record be removed? It's in their name.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to send off a letter again. It's been over 40 days since my original request and still I have not received a copy of the CCA. Below is the letter I am about to send. Can anybody advise me if this is an ok letter, or if I should amend anything?

Dear Sir or Madam

Your Ref : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Account number - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wrote to you on the 19th May, 2008 asking for some relevant information. I enclose a copy of the letter which was sent via recorded delivery.

You wrote back to me on the 21st May, 2008 without providing any of the information asked for in the original letter.

As more than 28 days has now passed from the date of the letter you are now in breach of your duties under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act. If you do not provide the information within 7 days I will have no choice but to escalate the matter to the relevant authorities including the Office of Fair Trading and the Information Commissioner's Office.

Yours faithfully

Me

--------------

My aim is to get them to remove this default totally if they can't produce the goods.

Any advice would be well appreciated.

By the way, the original letter asked for a copy of the CCA with £1 postal order enclosed. Receipt has been acknowledged with them and they have told me this could take 6 to 8 weeks.

Edited by andrewk
Add note:

They have 12 + 2 days to action a CCA, another 30 days after that and they have committed a criminal offence...

Does not matter that they say it can take 6 to 8 weeks, these **** are not above the law!!

[CENTER][CENTER][B] Has this post helped you?[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER]If so please click on the scales!! [LEFT][B]<--------------------------------[/B] [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [/CENTER]