Can They Do This??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

huskylady

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I recently wrote to Studio saying that the £155.00 still outstanding on my account was all their late payment charges. My original bill was £180 and I have already paid £245 but because payments were late the charges have added up to £155.00. I told them I would be willing to, if they would consider, letting me clear this account at £70.00 and close the account.

I received a letter back from Studio on Friday stating that they would accept the £70.00 final payment but that my name would be put on a credit agency list as a bad debtor but that if I paid £115.00 then they would close the account and no credit company would be contacted. Any advise on what I should do would be a great help, I feel these charges are terrible considering I have paid over the original bill already and can they really bribe people like this? they have given me 20 days to reply.

Many thanks in advance

Huskylady

I would pay them absolutely nothing. The charges are unlawful. Point out to them that as they are unlawful, they have no right to show them on your credit file nor to blackmail you into paying.

If you have kept their letter, tell them that you will pass it on to Trading Standards for action to be taken unless they remove that data forthwith and show your current position as up to date. In addition you reserve the right to

take them to Court to have the offending data removed and you will also claim compensation especially if any company increased their interest rates or turns you down as a result of their unwarranted data.

Good morning,

many thanks for the help....lookinforinfo, if i write below exactly what is says on the letter is there any way you could help me devise a letter to send them as I am completely useless and feel very intimidated by this company or shall i phone them? the letter says:-

Thank you for your recent communication with the offer of £67.00 in full and final settlement of the above account.

We would accept an immediate payment of £67 against this account and then file our papers and not pursue the remaining balance on the account. This balance would still be recorded with a Credit Reference Agency.

Alternatively we would accept an immediate payment of £115.54 in Full and Final settlement of the above account. Please confirm your option when you submit the payment.

This offer is valid for 21 days from the date of this letter..............

That's exactly what it says on the letter and the date on it was the 11th June so I have til the 2nd July to get a reply sent back. I'm getting so stressed with this company:mad:

Many thanks and sorry to be a pain

Kindest regards

Huskylady

Huskylady do not get stressed-they are trying to bully you into doing some thing that they have no right to ask of you. And please do not ring them as they will try and force you into paying more when it is unnecessary. Your

agreement has been fully paid already.

I suppose that while you were paying Studio, that you were governed by the Consumer Credit Act? If yes, then it is possible to write to them clearing away any default details they may have added to your credit file, getting them to agree you have fully discherged your obligations to them and if you have already paid any of their unlawful charges-get them repiad to you.

Many thanks for the advice, can anyone recommend a template letter that involves mentioning a company basically bribing!! if you refer to the above letter that i received you can clearly see that they are threatening to send my name to a credit agency until i pay all their charges. I'm not at all good with words and I want it to sound professional and to the point.

So sorry to be a pain but your help is greatly appreciated

Kindest regards

Huskylady

Hi All,

Just me again, so sorry to bother everyone.....just a quick update, if you look at the letter that I received, i think it is the fourth message down, you will see that Studio have said that if I pay the bill in full £115.00 then they wouldn't go to a credit agency but if I only paid £67 for settlement then they would have to and that I have 21 days to respond to their letter which was dated 11th June.................

I have just been on Experian and seem that they have already reported me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't know what to do now or how to confront them, the gits, excuse my terms, have basically gone to the credit agency anyway.

Any advice would be fantastic as I don't know how or what to write in a letter to them

Many many many thanks

Huskylady