• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Thanks both,   The only thing I am still not clear on is there were 4 DCA's that were reporting on my credit report and as I complained they have stopped BUT there is no default date on these debts. Can they start reporting these debts again on my credit report if I stop paying.   When I tried to re-mortgage a few years ago I was refused as these 4 were showing as in a DMP. Ofc they are not now as I told them it should have defaulted BUT they werent actually able to add the default date - so in theory could this happen again.   Thanks so much for your help
    • I'm afraid these kinds of stories are all too common with this company. The impression is that they're not too interested in installing and maintaining heating systems – but rather the finance behind it. Did you do this on some kind of finance agreement? Was it secured on your property? You seem to be doing everything on the telephone – and I think it's about time you started establishing a paper trail. You may end up having to arrange your own service with their authorised installer and if that doesn't happen then you may end up having to get in your own repair person. Of course ASG will then say that you are in breach of their warranty et cetera and that they are entitled to recover all their money back. You will have to show that you are a paper trail in them on notice and that they're not responding and then eventually you had to take matters in your own hands and organise your own repair – for which you would be going to them for reimbursement and also you would have to establish that you had no choice and they are fully liable – including the not allowed to dishonour a warranty. I'm afraid the stories we are getting about this company are dreadful and frankly very distressing
    • i don't think the matter of you were told the Decreasing Term Assurance was compulsory makes any difference, it doesn't detract from the fact the FOS appear to agree that disp does apply and you are out of time .   i don't think there is any harm going to the FOS with it..BUT although, and this twigged my memory about DISP ( which didn't exist then) but the ABI code did, and i believe that doesn't cover your situation, i'e , the fact it was made compulsory is not against any guidelines that were around at the time.   you could drill down on the ABI coding and see what it advised about lenders making DTA compulsory, but sure as eggs is eggs, by 2005, when disp had arrived..all lenders were forced or had stopped long before making any type of life cover compulsory. so they knew their mis-selling of such was on the cards   Critical illness cover (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)  
    • Or try email request.   [email protected] Request for copy of Judgment Copy Judgment [email protected] General correspondence
    • I've just tried to ring. Number 67 in the queue. I'm guessing it's better to call earlier in the day!
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Notice of correction message on credit file

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4643 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just checked my credit file and found this on there in the notice of correction part.

what is the CRA trying to imply about me. all because i made request o have linked addresses removed. and made a claim that cabot have failed to supply a CCA to prove they have the powers to collect a debt. heres the correction as i found it.

Y1 / THE ACCURACY OF THIS DATA HAS BEEN DISPUTED BY THE INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED AND WE HAVE NOW CONTACTED THE SUBSCRIBER. CARE SHOULD THEREFORE BE TAKEN WHEN USING THIS ITEM OF DATA TO ASSESS THE CREDITWORTHINESS OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED.

Hi Vogelrock

I have the exact same notice on my Experian report for a financial association that just never existed. Basically, the CRA writes to whoever put the notice on to ask for proof they were allowed to do that and in the meantime they put that on to show there is a dispute with the info and anyone searching should not rely on this particular entry to judge you.

Well thats what they told me! I don't know what good, if any, it does though.

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Cheers for that. i banged the question back at them about it.

think i have another question for them now. how can a mortgage account have two defaults against me.

one for the whole amount and one for the monthly payments.

i only really have one debt with my mortgage company and that is the full amount.

i think it is time to Keep the CRA's on there toes and make sure they are doing there job and check each and every default someone wants to file against someone. that is there job right.

so far i have had good results to get files amended to reflect a better judgement of me as a person now compared to me 5-8yrs ago.

have noticed that callcredit are one of the worse offenders for removing information from a credit report.

i know of 2 defaults that have been removed by two different companies on my credit report at experian. but both are still on my callcredit report. even though i was informed they have be told to remove them by both companies.

Call credit are useless, they even have my ccj listed at the wrong court! As for your mortgage that just doesn't sound right. How can you be defaulted twice for the same debt??

You would think the CRA would query that before putting it in, do they not have a responsibility to check entries also? Check out the link below, it is VERY interesting reading!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/129437-information-commissioners-office-six.html

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

thats what i have based all my questions on. it seems to be working so far. i am getting responses. but it is taking quite a few emails to get it all sorted.

call credit will have go to be taken to task i think.

they are so bad they should not be allowed to hold anyones information at all.

Edited by vogelrok