• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

1st RESPONSE FROM LLOYDS (NOT LIKE OTHERS ON HERE)

DARRENS279
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recived first letter from Lloyds:

RE: Data Protection Act

Thank you for contacting us.

Enquiry

Before i go any futher i think it would be helpful if i set out my understanding of your enquiry:

You require a complete list of transactions and charges since 1st january 2001 to date

Any history during this period of "manual intervention"

Copies of all your bank statements from January 2001 to date have been requested. These will take a few days to collate, but as soon as they are recieved i will forward these to you. Under the circumstances i will waive the duplicate statement fee of £5 per sheet.

I am not sure what you mean by "manual intervention" in the second paragraph of your letter, but i am enclosing prints of any notes that staff have made in the customer records system. I hope this will be helpful.

Yours Sincerely

Mandy Horton

Assistant Manager

Well I do not recall seeing any other post that the banks have supplied prints from the customer records system (I am still awaiting my statement to work out charges). Nor have I seen any reference to a Mandy Horton (Just & Bowden are the main two if not the only two names i've come across).

14 pages of all my dealings with Lloyds - loans credit cards, reviews, change of address, direct debits ect (nobody seems to have mentioned this in there posts - please correct if i am wrong!!)

Any advice, guidence or help will be greatly recieved.

It is just another way of say they are sending you your statements free of charge and included any notes by the bank. A few people have indicated that they have recieved the same, so in principle it is the same response, just by a different person/computer :)

regards,

InterSimi

Recived first letter from Lloyds:

RE: Data Protection Act

Thank you for contacting us.

Enquiry

Before i go any futher i think it would be helpful if i set out my understanding of your enquiry:

You require a complete list of transactions and charges since 1st january 2001 to date

Any history during this period of "manual intervention"

Copies of all your bank statements from January 2001 to date have been requested. These will take a few days to collate, but as soon as they are recieved i will forward these to you. Under the circumstances i will waive the duplicate statement fee of £5 per sheet.

I am not sure what you mean by "manual intervention" in the second paragraph of your letter, but i am enclosing prints of any notes that staff have made in the customer records system. I hope this will be helpful.

Yours Sincerely

Mandy Horton

Assistant Manager

Well I do not recall seeing any other post that the banks have supplied prints from the customer records system (I am still awaiting my statement to work out charges). Nor have I seen any reference to a Mandy Horton (Just & Bowden are the main two if not the only two names i've come across).

14 pages of all my dealings with Lloyds - loans credit cards, reviews, change of address, direct debits ect (nobody seems to have mentioned this in there posts - please correct if i am wrong!!)

Any advice, guidence or help will be greatly recieved.

Were there any notes regarding intervention when the charges were applied?

What was the address? Birmingham or Andover?

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

We'd lke to know more about this reponse when you receive it please.

Maybe you could pm me.

I'd assume that Mandy Horton is the archives manager and we have not heard from her before because I don't think many of us have asked for examples of manual intervention.

It'll be interesting to see how much manual intervention there has been.

The address is 125 Colmore Row Birmingham B3 3SF, all info from customer record systems has lot of what i assume is bank jargon (alot makes no sense to me)

examples - 1st entry STDLET (is method) LS912 First class Central Automactically Generated (24th july 2002)

STDLET - I thought this could stand for standard letter (who knows??)

other entries include - CRA_SA RES (??????)

CLP HLT (???)

looking through this info again there seems to be alot of STDLET enteries by user Mo either first class central Automactically Generated or just first class central - this means nothing to me and i can honestly say i have never had any dealings with anybody called Mo at any bank interview or phone calls that i can remember.

First Class Central - could this be a department within the bank or an office location?? (does anybody know??)

One other thing my first reponse from Lloyds (top of thread/post) was actually hand signed by Mandy Horton (or by somebody using that name)

When i recieve my bank staement/charges and can check dates of charges against entries from the customer records system and see if any of them match up (maybe this is a new way of the banks dealing with thses issues)

The letter i sent was a template from the libary on this site - and if people are using the template then they would have sent the same letter as myself (manual interevetion) is in the template i DID NOT change the letter in any way except to add my account number and date i wanted statements from - everything else was the same (word for word). I assume alot of people would do the same so the request for Manual Intervention would be coming from alot of people to the banks and I don't see any reference to customer reords system in any other thread/post or any other person.

Any advice, guidence or help will be greatly recieved!!

Any advice, guidence or help will be greatly recieved!!

Sorry, not clear what advice you need at this moment

I am just try to let poeple know my progress at this stage - but as i have not come across any other thread relating to this i thought that people might like to know about my response from Lloyds

as i have the customer records system prints with my response from the bank i thought that i would try to make it a but more clear as to the detail of the response i got (people seem to want to know more)

We'd lke to know more about this reponse when you receive it please.

Like i said the prints from the customer recods system seem to have bank jargon in them which i do not understand - and thought there might be people out there that have come across such jargon who could help

examples - 1st entry STDLET (is method) LS912 First class Central Automactically Generated (24th july 2002)

STDLET - I thought this could stand for standard letter (who knows??)

other entries include - CRA_SA RES (??????)

CLP HLT (???)

Sorry if i am causing confusion - i myself am getting confused (time for a fag and a cup of tea to help clear my head)

Could you not phone the bank and ask them what these codes stand for?

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

Yes, I think that some clarification would be a reasonable request.

Have you got the details of your charges yet?

No still waiting for those but it has only been a week since i sent my first e-mail to them requesting statements/charges - so they have got back to me pretty quickly (although i am still waiting for statements)

Could the fact that they have sent me 14 pages from the customer records system before they have sent the statements/charges which i requested mean anything?

Maybe they think that's the lot. Send them an abrupt reminder that you are waiting for the rest

STDLTR 1st Class automaticall generated sounds like one of those letters they spend hours writing to tell you you have been overdrawn and charge you £10 for.

Sorry, I didn't recall the manual intervention part of the initial template :-)

Got another letter overdrawn again!!!

Coincidence?? - this letter has a printed signiture on the bottom (more evidence letter is automaticly generated) but whats more the signiture reads Dale Wicks premium manager (my acount manager at my local brance has the same name - the letter is addressed from birmingham - my local branch is in gloucester, suppose there could always be a different person with the same name but what are the chances of that??)

I recieved a list of manual intervention entires with my statements to , again a lot of jargon that I don't understand.Most of my manual intervention is where I have phoned up to query something in the main call centre and they have typed a note on my file whilst I have been on the phone ... a whole 2 mins worth of work.. none of the ' manual intervention ' on my account is on a date where charges have been applied.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Excellent. Indicates there has been none, then. Another bank defence bites the dirt

Have recieved my statements today:

Following my letter to you dated 8th March 2006, please find enclosed copies of statements, which will show the cjarges applied to your account for the period in question.

You will note that for the period after August 2001, I have only enclosed statements when a charge has actually debited the account.

Yours sincerely

Mandy Horton

You will note that for the period after August 2001, I have only enclosed statements when a charge has actually debited the account.

Is this usual or should I request all statements weather there is a charge showing or not? Will it make a difference?

If you used the DPR letter from the libary you asked them for a list of charges OR statements will suffice . They have sent what you requested.

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Just added all fees giving a total of bang on £900, Sorting out next step/letter but before i do this can somebody tell me if i add interest now (on letter to bank) or do i wait until or if it goes to court?

I would be happy to get just the £900 back - will adding interest on make the claim more difficult/ complicated (stupid question I know but I am not sure).

when you start a claim in the courts.

hope you don't mind me answering it's just that you are asking exactly the same questions I originally asked , so the experts have already given me the answers

doubts.

No thats fine thank you (any comments, advice all help fom any user on this site will be greatly recieved)

Would claiming just for the charges and not any interest as a result of these charges make a difference to a claim or does the claim have to include them both? (I am thinking that it wouldn't matter but am not 100%)

If it gets to the point where you have to file a claim in court then why not add the interest ? I don't understand why you wouldn't want to because when you get to that point they either pay you all you want before you get into court or it goes in court where you are entitled to claim the interest ..

from what I can see so far with lloyds all this is a formality as they are hoping people will just give up so they are not doing anything until the cases been filed with the court .

( wish I could stop editing grrrr )

doubts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks