Car Loan -Is It Enforceable ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently received a copy of a car loan agreement which was taken out in 2001 . On looking at the agreement I have noted that the dealer/ finance company dated their signature in error as being eaxctly 1 year after mine . ie I bought the car on 15/12/01 yet they have signed the agreement as being 15/12/02 . Would this imply that for the 1st of the 4 years of the agreement that the agreement was unenforceable or that the agreement in its entirety is unenforceable ?

I would think that the agreement would be enforceable if the dealer could demonstrate that it was a simple administrative error.

You signed the agreement in 2001 and you are not disputing that as far as I can tell so even though the dealer incorrectly dated it I certainly wouldn't want to test it in court.

Edited by revolting peasant

No the problem with the car is it kept breaking down and the dealer has had it back in the garage 10 times and can't find out whats wrong with it - neither can the manufacturers mechanics who have visited the dealers workshop when the car has been there . The car is less than 3 years old but has done more than 60k miles hence the dealer is saying it is out of warranty .