3 Network - Please help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oooo.. nice one Donkey. Then that means that the Indian side of things probably haven't a clue about British Law. Sad when a DCA has to outsource to an offshore company.. they must be feeling the pinch.. aww shame.. eh?

I'd just ignore all those calls ScottyGal, and if they say they have been trying to contact you, just say you bar ALL international calls, but then it's nobody's business except yours what you do with your phone anyway, and you don't have to justify yourself to anybody.

Not had any calls since Sunday, must be something going on LOL. Until they correspond by letter only I will keep ignoring. Just hope they do not go for a CCJ against me like they threatened me with. Thought of court protocol terrifies me (health problems).

Scotty :)

IF they happen to send court papers.. don't worry... PLENTY of people will help you with that, and it probably won't get as far as court (but you can never say never).

As for those numbers, they seem strange, becuase all they are is a country code and then a number. There doesnt appear to be any kind of area code... oh well.

There is a contact address in India, but no office as such, until 2009, in Mumbai (Bombay.. if yer old.. lol).

Anyway...

Thanks so much, if it wasn't for this site I have no idea where I would be. I just hope the people who will help me (should it get to court) are very patient as I am the proverbial blonde. Seriously though I ain't got a clue on legal stuff and how to word stuff in forms, not my strong point I'm afraid :o.

... I ain't got a clue on legal stuff and how to word stuff in forms, not my strong point I'm afraid :o.

Precisely why you should come back if you need to. If you have some time, may I suggest taking some time to read some of the other threads of people who have been taken to court... you'll see just how much help there is on here.. for blondes or otherwise :D:D lol.

Regards etc...

Thanks again gni, very much appreciated. I do try read things as much as I possibly can. I have very limited time due to work commitments and a very demanding daughter. Most times I can only pop in briefly. By time wee 1 goes to bed I am exhausted and have to join her. I have certainly taken your advice on board and will continue to do same with advice from everyone else :). I really cannot thank everyone enough so far and i know this is only the beginning, a long har road ahead of me with these numpty nuts LOL

Scottygal :D

Below is the address I have for HFO services but is there any others they are under as they are responding to any of my letters, even though they are signed for????????

HFO Services Limited

PO Box 342

West Byfleet

Surrey

KT14 6YX

I have seen an address on a thread here somewhere with a different postcode. could anyone enlighten me on this please?

Many thanks

Hi

I just landed here today because we have had phone calls regarding a three phone contract that was cancelled immediately because there was no reception here.

I had sent the phone back and kept getting bills and eventually was told that the account had been cancelled. It's some three years on now and HFO are claiming my husband's credit rating is now affected, despite the fact it was not in his name but mine! Notwithstanding they (3) never put my surname on the correspondance, they put my first name follwed by the name of my house! Strange, anyway now we are getting these forceful calls demanding to speak to this person.

Needless to say I have found this website very informative and won't be entertaining any of these demands, however it is annoying. I have never received any letters from HFO either. I wonder if it's worth contacting three to see why this has all happened?

Your comments would be very much appreciated,

Shoe Gall

Hi

I just landed here today because we have had phone calls regarding a three phone contract that was cancelled immediately because there was no reception here.

I had sent the phone back and kept getting bills and eventually was told that the account had been cancelled. It's some three years on now and HFO are claiming my husband's credit rating is now affected, despite the fact it was not in his name but mine! Notwithstanding they (3) never put my surname on the correspondance, they put my first name follwed by the name of my house! Strange, anyway now we are getting these forceful calls demanding to speak to this person.

Needless to say I have found this website very informative and won't be entertaining any of these demands, however it is annoying. I have never received any letters from HFO either. I wonder if it's worth contacting three to see why this has all happened?

Your comments would be very much appreciated,

Shoe Gall

Wait until you get a written response from these oxygen thieves. Then send them this

Dear Cretins

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Of course if they address the letter to the non existant name then you can honestly return any letters to them clearly Marked NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS. Under no circumstances speak to them on the telephone.

Hi all,

I am in a similar situation.

About 3 years ago 2 phones were taken out in my name on 3G netwrok, Which i never did! An ex boyfriend took them out in my name. How this was allowed i do not know?

For a while i was getting letters from Robinson and way debt collectors and after a while they stopped letters and phone calls. Probably not heard anything for maybe 1 and a half years? All of a sudden on my lunch today i got a call from HFO claiming they were taking me to court? they were really rude and after shouting at me put the phone down.

Just wondering if they can actually take me to court?? and if i ignore them will they go away?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

They would have to prove YOU got the phones and YOU owed the money. Never speak to these oxygen thieves on the phone ever. You have experienced at first hand their highly trained professional threat monkeys. Wait until you get something in writing and send them this

Dear Cretins

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

So should i just carry on ignoring them? apparantly if you wait 7 years doesnt your debt get written off?

The Phones were paid for with my card and signed with my signature even though it wasnt me! Is this proof enough?

I havent even been sent a letter Just a nasty phone call!!!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Hi

Thanks for all of your comments, you're all so helpful! I will do as advised, it's a real shame this is going on so much, I had no idea! Obviously these guys prey on people and just bully them into paying, that goodness for sites like this! Thank you all so much!

Shoegall

So should i just carry on ignoring them? apparantly if you wait 7 years doesnt your debt get written off?

The Phones were paid for with my card and signed with my signature even though it wasnt me! Is this proof enough?

I havent even been sent a letter Just a nasty phone call!!!

Thanks for the quick reply!

6 years in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, 5 years in Scotland. The debt is not ''written off'' as such. It just becomes Unenforcable through the Courts.

Hi All

When my phones were received, it was not my signature. The delivery bloke went to a neighbour who signed for them. DD were coming out my account, cancelled them when moved due to no network coverage.

I have not made payments in 2 years and 8 months, they now chasing me for this alleged debt which was after I moved. How long it be until the alleged debt is statute barred? I was in Scotland when phones were taken out, moved to England so which land law would I come under, 5 or 6 years?

Scottygal :)

:D :D :D :D

Can you tell I am happy about that comment? HE HE HE HE HE

Seriously though, if it wasn't for all the kind and helpful people on here I would never have had the guts to take this lot of numpty nuts on so goodness knows where I would be. So MANY MANY thanks in advance as I KNOW I will keep having to come back for more, proverbial blonde you see.

Hi All

Since I sent my last letter to HFO on 23rd June I have heard nothing, all calls have stopped( which I find very strange). Will this mean they have passed it on to a legal department to start court action? :confused: I definately cannot see them just forgetting about it. Anyone know what I should expect next please?

Kind Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Morning Everyone

Hope someone can help me this part of my ongoing saga with HFO.

It has been just over 1 month since I last heard from them, so god only knows what they are up to now. NO WAY would they just drop it.

Anyway...... Not heard from them in all this time, but suddenly I keep getting strange called from this number 02087851667. But they are either silent or say they have dialled wrong number :confused: I have tried calling it back but I cannot even understand what they are saying. They will not say they are, just always asking who is this to me LOL.

So does anyone recognise the number or could find out which company it is from please?

Any help would be very much appreciated.