Overdraft Interest?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5259 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Well i'm putting in claim for approx 4k but how do i calculate the overdraft interest charges? :confused: I have listed the charges (DD, SO, Total Charges) but what about the interest as I want to claim for this too!

Please somoene help, I need to book my holiday! :oops:

HSBC £5600 : Paid in Full 31/8

HSBC £4700 : Paid in Full 05/09

MBNA £1780 : Paid in Full 8/11

Smile £2400 :Paid in Full 17/11

RBOS £200 : Prelim 11/10

cheers matey, but you know what, i've been searching this site for ages trying to find info on how to claim interest, and then i find the same link just after you posted a reply! thanks! however, it all looks pretty complex, so i don't think i will bother claiming for the interest - i have stacks of charges (all those nights out on the lash) but the interest charged will be such a small amount, and not easy to calculate. they can have that....

just need to put together my claims for all those other blood suckers (RBOS, MBNA, EGG, SMILE, NatWest etc!

laterz...:grin:

(ps just posted this to your interest charge thread...can't delete , sorry !)

HSBC £5600 : Paid in Full 31/8

HSBC £4700 : Paid in Full 05/09

MBNA £1780 : Paid in Full 8/11

Smile £2400 :Paid in Full 17/11

RBOS £200 : Prelim 11/10

I want to try to claim the interest on my bank charges but I really don't understand how to work this out,sorry but I just don't get it.

For instance My first bank charge is dated 31/12/1999 and is for £25.00 I make the interest £10.95 and another one is dated 31/03/01 is for £112.00 and I make the interest for that one £17.31, that can't be right can it?

Any advice would be a great HELP!:-o:|

Sent Data Protection Act to Halifax 13.6.06

Daughters Data Protection Act sent to NatWest 5.6.06

Natwest sent statements on 24.6.06 Daughter owed £204.00 Preliminary ready to go.

Halifax sent my statements today(26.6.06) Owe me £1702.00

Preliminary sent on 27. 6.06.

not a problem. please read the sticky at the top of the hsbc thread , cheers

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation