Royal Mail - Losing it! alanalana

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello forum,

First time on this one and looking for help if possible?

Posting here as well as PPI forum. Main reason is I have had three out of nine recorded delivery letters never get to their destination address as well as (I believe other first class mail). Three complaints submitted three letters of apology received along with three books of first class stamps. The information lost includes private and confidential letters with details of account numbers, sort codes, addresses and much, much more.

I have submitted a written complaint to this address...

28 May 2008

Royal Mail Customer Service Centre,

FREEPOST,

PO Box 740,

Glasgow,

G22 6WW

and tomorrow this goes

12 June 2008

Royal Mail Customer Service Centre,

PO Box 740,

Plymouth,

PL9 7YB

the text is as follows:

Complaint with reference to missing letters sent First Class Recorded delivery

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter of complaint as I believe an investigation is required into the level of lost of mail which has been sent First Class, Recorded to be signed for.

All of the missing letters have been posted via your Brampton, Cumbria office. In addition to the missing Recorded letters it appears that other First Class mail which I have sent, may also not have been delivered as expected replies have not been forthcoming.

The attached list shows a 33% failure rate of recorded delivery letters and whilst the letters have no significant financial value in themselves, vital personal and private information has been lost, including bank account details. The losses have also caused long delays which could have financial implications in the longer term.

I believe with this high level of loss, Royal Mail should be carrying out a thorough investigation of the procedures from the local post office to the point of delivery.

I cannot accept that you consider the compensation of a book of 12 first class stamps for each missing letter to be adequate. Compensation for the actual distress caused through: delays, re written letters, additional time, paper, ink, further postage, filling in claim forms and the continual worry about missing confidential and private personal information.

My main concern is that my mail is being sent via one Post Office but is being sent to different addresses within the UK and the rate of loss is I believe at an unacceptably high level.

I have already sent this letter of complaint to the Glasgow Customer Service Centre on 28 May 2008 but I have not received any acknowledgement.

I raise the following points:

1) Are the addressees refusing to sign for the items?

2) Are they being mishandled by Royal Mail?

I request a response at your earliest convenience.

Your faithfully

xx

Any comments or advice would be greatly received.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Postwatch - Damaged/lost mail/alleged theft/tampered mail etc

That is helpful. I am in the middle of a court process because of lost mail (send signed for letter). Royal mail does not feel responsible to pay compensation. However, I think postwatch is really good so far as they are getting on the case quickly. I would advise to complaint to postwatch before taking court action. RM would NEVER pay compensation itself, they have to be forced to do it. This is my opinion.

hello agathachristie,

like the handle.:D

Thank you for the post I will check out the link. I have a suspicion that my mail to different parts of the UK is actually being stopped at my post office:shock: two of the three undelivered letters were handed to the same post office clerk.:rolleyes: I have no proof as yet but a 33% failure rate on recorded signed for mail is not good enough. I believe other first class mail has gone astray too. Replies which were expected have so far not arrived. When letters were posted from a different post office they were delivered without problem.

watch this space,

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

hello agathachristie,

Thank you again my complaint has been submitted to postwatch.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 weeks later...

hello agathachristie,

I have had a response from post watch they have submitted a substantial complaint to Royal Mail I will await the response. Next stop here....

Postcomm - the Postal Services Commission - Postcomm

aa:rolleyes:

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

It is well worth going through post watch even thought it may take along time to sort out.

But you have evidence to show to the judge you have attempted to sort this matter out.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

:) hi

i have just read you post on the royal mail i also have had things go missing and don`t get much of a answer when i complaine so i went to post watch on the 10/06/08

the thing that makes me laugh is i dont think my post man can read as he loves to post letters through other houses or he cant be botherd to look at the wright house i know a neighbour who has confrunted him but nothing has changed, i even got a address plack for the frount of my house lets see if that works

thanks

Hello JOSH_IOU,

It is well worth going through post watch even thought it may take along time to sort out.

But you have evidence to show to the judge you have attempted to sort this matter out.

I have all of the evidence copied and recorded on my PC, dates of posting, receipts from Post Office etc. Watch this space for sparks!

Hello srhbit

i have just read you post on the royal mail i also have had things go missing and don`t get much of a answer when i complaine so i went to post watch on the 10/06/08

the thing that makes me laugh is i dont think my post man can read as he loves to post letters through other houses or he cant be botherd to look at the wright house i know a neighbour who has confrunted him but nothing has changed, i even got a address plack for the frount of my house lets see if that works

thanks

Let's hope the plaque works. If it falls off the wall and hits the post person on the head they will surely remember where to post next time:D

I know it is not funny but make a serious complaint and make sure they get the message. WE PAY, YOU DELIVER, NO EXCUSES. End of argument!

:o

Compensation worth more than a book of 12 first class stamps for all the hassle.:mad:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

You do not state in your post why you think the mail has went missing!!!!

You state in your first post you are asking for help.

What more information do you have?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

You do not state in your post why you think the mail has went missing!!!!

I would only be guessing why it went missing. Mail to London and Scotland all marked Private and Personal all sent recorded to be signed for all from the same office all through the same sorting office.

When I used a different post office no problem.

You state in your first post you are asking for help.

Post Watch are helping.

What more information do you have?

I am awaiting a response from Post Watch.

All my letters concerned banking issues with account information etc.

Letters subsequently sent special delivery were not affected.

I am personally known by two local post office employees.

I have no definative proof of tampering or theft.

The letters 3 out of 9 did not arrive and Royal Mail have admitted the loss by letter.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

sadly post watch did not produce a good result so I ended up with five books of first class stamps and private and confidential mail lost all over the country. So much for the regulators :eek:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Just on this, and I am not justifying what has happened, but if you toss a coin nine times and it lands on heads three times, that does not give a 33% likelihood that a coin will land on heads. If you just post one letter and that goes missing then that's a 100% failure rate. I'm sure I don't need to elaborate further.

Also, have you checked with the recipients to see if the items were delivered? The tracking for Recorded Delivery items isn't always completely reliable - your letters could have been delivered even if there is no tracking information available.

Oh, and Post watch are not the regulators, Postcomm are.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hello Gyzmo and Barraclad,

Just on this, and I am not justifying what has happened, but if you toss a coin nine times and it lands on heads three times, that does not give a 33% likelihood that a coin will land on heads. If you just post one letter and that goes missing then that's a 100% failure rate. I'm sure I don't need to elaborate further.

You are correct in this but the fact is Royal Mail give a book of stamps and it makes life easy for them rather then carry out any investigation:eek:

Also, have you checked with the recipients to see if the items were delivered? The tracking for Recorded Delivery items isn't always completely reliable - your letters could have been delivered even if there is no tracking information available. The letters were Subject Access Requests for information relating to mis-sold PPI so it is highly unlikely the receipients will claim receipt as I have been trying to get information from them for over 6 months and my lack of information under the Data Protection Act 1998 is now the subject of complaints to the Information Commissioner Office , Financial Ombudsman Service, Financial Services Authority, Office of Fair Trading and the British Bankers Association.

Oh, and Post watch are not the regulators, Postcomm are.

Maybe a complaint to Postcomm is required then:confused: How do I make contact with Postcomm?

That's quite true. I have had a couple of signed for letters that weren't, well, signed for but were delivered. I did eventually get a tracking number 5 days after I got the response from my original letter
:rolleyes:

My letters dissappeared off the face of the Royal mail network complaints were submitted to Royal mail but a standard response in each case was received. Sorry have a book of first class stamps. No apology for the sensitive material lost. There is not enough control on some organisations and when things go wrong there is no investigation into why this has happened ie theft, interception,, mishandling etc.

Thanks for posting

aa

Edited by alanalana
removed letter from end of word

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Having read their site, this regulator seems to have no teeth as they seem to direct you to Consumer Direct. They say contact Royal Mail then Consumer Direct. Not the best regulator then.......

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

The link below is postcomm and how to make a complaint. Hope it helps

How to complain - Postcomm

Having read their site, this regulator seems to have no teeth as they seem to direct you to Consumer Direct. They say contact Royal Mail then Consumer Direct. Not the best regulator then.......

Thank you for the assistance. I will give it a shot but I will not spend hours chasing like I have with RBS.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Furthermore, their compensation is a bit odd...have you spotted this bit?

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content2?catId=80300743&mediaId=80300750

Their compensation is pretty crap in all honesty. You might have well have sent it unencrypted through some of the government agencies for all they seem to care about;)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Lmao who exactly is the best regulator then in your opinion nats? :D

Personally i have no faith whatsoever in the PO/RM

If it werent for some of their staff antics we wouldnt have to pay extra for recorded/signed for etc

IMHO, the only way to send important letters is by :-

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400028&mediaId=400026

You get a tracking number over the counter and can watch it every step of the way. If you don't want to lose it, use it :p

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Afraid you must be confusing this service with another. You only get told when it enters the mail system, and its arrival at the local delivery office. Not quite 'every step'. Recorded Delivery is much cheaper and just as useful providing a signature on delivery. SD covers up to £250 on the basic service, but if you're only sending paper - it's a massive overpayment for an insignificant value!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Posted by Mr Lex,

IMHO, the only way to send important letters is by :-

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/j...mediaId=400026

You get a tracking number over the counter and can watch it every step of the way. If you don't want to lose it, use it :p

Lex

Agreed Lex

posted by buzby,

Afraid you must be confusing this service with another. You only get told when it enters the mail system, and its arrival at the local delivery office. Not quite 'every step'. Recorded Delivery is much cheaper and just as useful providing a signature on delivery. SD covers up to £250 on the basic service, but if you're only sending paper - it's a massive overpayment for an insignificant value!

Unless the paper you are sending is letters to your bank marked private and confidential with details of account numbers, names, addresses, sort codes and the like then it seems to be worth the money.

aa

Edited by alanalana
text added

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

However, put in context - you will be paying 400 to 500% for these 'papers' to be delivered, with the certain knowledge that as these have no 'value' as defined by Royal Mail, no claim for financial loss will be possible. There may be a possibility of claiming consequential loss but proving an amount agreeable to both sides would seem unlikely.

Of course, after receipt, banks are not unknown to leave consumer correspondence unshielded in bin bags out in the street - so your additional expense does appear to be an additional needless expense with little - if any - advantage over Recorded Delivery.