jellybabe vs Argos (Hubby's account)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh yes, i have....several times...ie OC, several DCA's...and all they came back with is an application form (so i've been told on here).

No t&c's from time of opening, just the new ones at that time.

All i want now is really to get this settled and get them off my back.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the letter out. They sent it to me after i told them that i am in the middle of reclaiming charges from Argos. Stupidly, i never followed up with this to the end.

Anyway, this was the wording in their letter:

We note that you have raised a dispute with regards to charges apllied to your account. Our view is that whilst you may be partially successful in this argument it is certainly not the case that all charges levied are irrecoverable.

In an attempt to bring this matter to a conclusion we confirm that on a without prejudice basis we will accept **** in full and final settlement providing that payment is received within 28 days of the date of this letter.

If you choose not to accept this compromise our instructions are to take enforcement action against you without further notice.

----That was the first offer letter i received of them, that was in Sept 2010----

A few days ago i received another letter extending this offer for a further 14 days

they'll go nowhere near court for that amount.

pers i'd ignore them totally

and get reclaiming

you dont need to go to court but you need to do it properly

you've got all the statements i assume

off you go.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yep

its obv they'll not do court with this

time to hit back.

do some reading up and away you go

you've done this before i see so should be simple.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks dx,

yh, i've done it before, but that was a while ago, those B******s DCA's took my whole self confidence away over the last 2 or so years (making it worse when my hubby lost his job last year and my Dad passed away) , so i think i just chickened out....

All i was doing is sending empty threats of Court Action , which made me look totally incompetent to Argos i think...

quick question please.....

I have just dug my old spreadie out where i put all the Charges in at that time. The interest i was claiming was 27.9%.

Now, do i let that interest keep going on, or will i have to stop the calculations from when it got passed on to the DCA's? I mean at the moment, with the spreadie calculation up to today, the interest seems pretty high, about double the amount in charges? does that sound right??

My last letter to Argos was in September last year, where i'd sent them a revised request for repayment of charges letter with a revised Spreadie......i'm now realising i need to hurry up, as a lot of the charges will be falling off and have already fallen off now.-----Angry with myself-----

Maybe it would be easier and less complicated if i#d claim without the interest, but i would be losing a lot of money then

Hey everyone......i'm back, rather disappointed with myself and quite ashamed.....as i still haven't managed to pursue this to the end :(

I have even thought about doing a f&f offer to them, well Bryan Carter, as he is the one pursuing me now.

But am back on track after having some advise from dx on my other threat.

Now i have questions :)

My spreadie obviously is still calculating interest at the rate of 27.9% up until today. Now the interest on the spreadie seems pretty high, about double the amount of charges claimed? Does that sound right? I have already lost a few charges on there, due to the 6 Year limit, so i would like to carry on with this pretty quickly now.

As the account is with Bryan Carter now, do i stop the interest on the spreadie, as they are not adding any more interest to the account now? But my feeling says, no, i leave that running?

I am preparing right now a revised initial letter to Argos again, giving them 7 days, before i finally send my LBA out! I am determined to pull through this time!

Argos, btw haven't even bothered replying to my initial letter (which was sent in Sept 2010) until 3rd Feb 2011. And they made me a measly offer. They are not refunding any charges at £12 and the higher ones they only refund the amount over £12....so they say.....heard that one before.

Well, looks like this WILL end up in Court.....

Edited by jellybabe
added to it

threads merged

dx

and they

ok,

i had another look at my spreadsheet and am not quite sure about the interest bit. So i will send them a new initial letter just for the charges without interest added, and will just later on at court stage add the 8% on top.

It'll keep it simple for me to understand, in case i do end up in court having to argue my case...you never know!

And they may also be more inclined of settling with me..it'll almost clear the balance on the account.

I will also add the bit that i'm requesting the default reemoved from the CRA's i think.

Will get this letter typed today or tomorrow to send of asap....will also send another letter to Bryan Carter putting them on notice that he is wrong in pursuing a still disputed account!

Could someone please advise if it sounds right that the interest on my speadsheet is just under double the amount of the charges? It is calculated at 27.9% and the first charge is just over the 6 Year mark?

I really want to get this lba sorted and would appreciate some quick advise.

Thanks all,

jellybabe x

yes ofcourse it will

dx

and they

Hi Jellybabe

I am now about to start my own battle with Fredricksons in respect to an Argos card. Am following with interest. I will SAR Argos on Thursday. Best of luck. Do you mind if I ask what year or approx you took out the Argos card?????

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959