HSBC bank charges claim

J4L
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you use one of the spreadsheets from the bank template library, and input your charges on to that, the spreadsheet will then calculate the accrued S.69 interest to date.

Here is the link to the templates - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

As you are trying to reclaim the overdraft interest part as well, you will need to use the advance ones. IMHO as it will be a really small amount I wouldn't bother with the o/d interest.

To use the spreadsheets, just input your details over the top of the oes already there and then delete the example ones that do not apply to you. These spreadsheets have alreday been formulated to accurately calculate the s.69 interest for you.

If you get stuck, just shout :)

Thanks for your reply, unfortunatly im not getting any luck in working out the s.69 interest.

Can you or somebody kindly work it out for me?

Regards

JAL

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JAL, have a look at Steven4064's Tutorial.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/145027-interest-tutorial.html

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

If you still cant work it, another option is to work it out with the interest calculator. Put in your details and it will work it out for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/chargeinterest.php

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi JAL, I have emailed your calculations back to you. If you are still stuck, just shout :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi guys, my N1 claim form is completed, i would like to thank everyone that has helped me with this, especially to Steven & Jo :-D.....

So what do I need to include with the N1 claim form? do I put my first letter and the LBA letter with the N1 claim form and hand/post it to the court?

Also do I need to post these off to the bank?

Regards

JAL

You need to include your N1 form, your Poc, and your spread sheets.

Make 3 copies of everything.

The court will stamp them, send 1 copy back to you, and send 1 to the bank.

Either post (recorded) or hand in to your county court.

You dont include your prelim or lba letters.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Ive received a 'notice of issue' from the court after sending my N1 claim form.

it says 'your claim was issued on the 10 July 2008. The court sent it to the defendant by first class post on the 13 July 2008 and it will be deemed served on th 15 July 2008. The defendant has until the 29 July 2008 to reply'

What do you guys suggest me to do until then?

Regards

JAL

The deemed served date is the important one, this is the date that now sets all the time scales, they have 14 days to acknowledge your writ and confirm they will be defending they also have 28 days from the deemed served date to submit their defence.:)

you will get a copy of their acknowledgment this will detail who is looking after their end of things it will be DG Solicitors. When you receive this just drop them a little letter with a copy of your claim schedule because they wont have a copy :rolleyes:.

pete

The deemed served date is the important one, this is the date that now sets all the time scales, they have 14 days to acknowledge your writ and confirm they will be defending they also have 28 days from the deemed served date to submit their defence.:)

you will get a copy of their acknowledgment this will detail who is looking after their end of things it will be DG Solicitors. When you receive this just drop them a little letter with a copy of your claim schedule because they wont have a copy :rolleyes:.

pete

Thanks Pete, I will keep you guys updated...

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I havent heard anything from the defendants (HSBC) , the court has given them till the 29th July 2008 to reply back to my court claim. They have 4-days left to respond.

I am curious to know what to do? so that i can prepare myself.

Regards

JAL

In case they haven't acknowledged the claim, have a read of this link, as it explains the next stage if needed.

Guide to reclaiming bank charges - Consumer Wiki

F&Q's... Read here

thanks for the replies guys, i'll wait till Tuesday and give the conty court a ring to see wheather HSBC has given an acknowledgement.

Regards

JAL

Hi guys,

I phoned the county court to check whether the defendant (HSBC) have acknowledged my claim, and they have. The defendants have further 14 days to send in their defence, so i should see what the outcome would be on the 12/08/08.

Taught i had keep you guys updated.

Nice one J4L -:) thanks for that - it lets others know what the procedure is.......

Just a case of 'wait & see' again for you........ :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

Ive received a Notice in the post, that a defence has been filed by the defendant and a copy has been enclosed. (shall i write this out so you guys can have a read or would it be a standard format reply from the DG Solicitors to all the claimants?)

It has also asked me to complete the allocation questionnaire on or before the 23rd August 2008.

I need advice on the following sections of the allocation questionnaire:

Section A: Settlement

Do you Wish an further action in this claim to be postponed for one month so that you and the other party can attempt to settle the claim either by informal discussion or by alternative dispute resolution? (Yes or No)

Section C: Track

Do you agree that the small claims track is the most suitable track for this claim? (Yes or No)

Section D & E

would i need witnesses or experts?

Regards

JAL

I think this should help with your AQ J4L........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html#post90317

but come back if you're stuck.......... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think this should help with your AQ J4L........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html#post90317

but come back if you're stuck.......... :)

Thanks for that mate, that was very useful, full off answers to my question! I'll keep you guys updated with the outcome..

Many thanks again

Kind Regards

JAL

Thanks for that mate, that was very useful, full off answers to my question! I'll keep you guys updated with the outcome..

Happy to help J4L - and please do keep us posted .........:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Happy to help J4L - and please do keep us posted .........:)

Hi there,

I'm bit stuck on Section G 'Other Information', according to the 'Allocation Questioonaires - A guide to completion' forum which you suggested me to read.

it shows a copy of 'draft directions' Do i need to attached a copy of 'draft directions' in section G?

Regards

JAL

Hi, JAL.

I'll ask someone to have a look and advise.(Hopefully):)

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert