When does Lease end ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, long time no speak....been busy. This may seem an obvious question,but....... I put my notice to end AST lease for middle of next month(eg 14th). As things have zoomed along it looks like I'll be able to get out by start of next month(1st or 2nd). When I hand in the keys and give the final meter readings is that the end of the lease ? or will it be when I originally intended in my letter ? (even tho the property will be empty). Just wondering so that I'll have a starting point for the "ten days from end of lease" scenario. May be obvious but tired from moving and not thinking straight. TIA.

Hey hey C.

What 10 days from end of lease scenario?

It is a good question by the way. I would consider the TENANCY to be ended once you return the keys(as long as they keys are accepted by the landlord, in so much its considered a surrender), but not neccessarily the contract - i.e. rent is still payable.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Once I've paid my last month's rent it will take me to middle of next month,so not an issue really(due next week). Just wanted a starting point for any possible aggrivation following return of deposit. They(LA) have ignored my letters in the past so I can throw "Ten days since end of lease and you haven't replied" etc. Not that I want a fight,anything but. It's just so I know where to start if I have to. Thanks for the prompt response.

From that point of view especially, I would say it goes from the date that you return possession of the property - i.e. when you return the keys :)

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!