Jump to content

norhumbrian water taking me to court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Depends. If the Court Papers have been served, then you have to respond - if you don't then they will issue a Default automatically. If you defend and lose, you will be given an opportunity to pay the full amount owed (plus the court fees) and providing this is done within a week or so, then the matter is discharged and no CCJ will be recorded. Don't pay, and the details are passed to Registry Trust, who when sell it on to the CRA's. If you reach an agreement with the pursuer and it DOESN'T get to court, you won't get a CCJ either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the usual outcome, but if they've been down this road before - many are just letting it reach court and let the judge decide the payment plan. You'd also have to supply details of your financial affairs too for the court to decid. what the payment plan would be,

Link to post
Share on other sites

They can certainly APPLY for one (and a court will not ordinarily refuse it) but the point is, issuing CCJ's is something they they have no authority to do - they're a private utility and have to go through the same process as everyone else. If the court decides you owe the money, you still have 7 days or so to pay it before a judgement can be applied for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...