Hsbc Cdru Mcs

silverrocket
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

This is regarding a HSBC current account which went heavily overdrawn (long story). The account is now being looked after by CDRU.

The amount owing is £4800, and I've been increasing the offer and each time they've rejected it. My last offer was £3100, but they're adamant they won't take less than £3800!

Has anyone had any luck with these guys?

Part of my settlement terms is the removal of a default, has this been an issue for anyone?

Hi silverrocket, welcome to the forum:)

From your other thread 'new user' I get the impression that you have a claim which you can pursue with HSBC for 'unlawful' charges - somewhere about £2K I think you said.

If you have set the ball rolling to reclaim this then the account is in dispute and as such is not actionable at the moment.

Of course if your debt was in the hands of the DCS before you started any action to recover then you have to make them aware that the account is under dispute.

You could try a letter like this - suitably amended....

Re: Account in Dispute

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

Re: Account in Dispute

I am writing to clarify that I am currently in the process of requesting a refund of bank charges unlawfully made to my account.

I note from your latest correspondence that you are proposing to issue me with a Default Notice on this account - I need to make you fully aware that I am disputing the sum owed and, as such, you must refrain from any further action until this dispute is fully resolved.

If you do not stop this default action and proceed by making any adverse comments on my credit reference files, I shall be forced to take legal action against you under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Yours sincerely,

Of course ,if you haven't started the ball rolling with a claim, then you need to proceed with that first............then consider the above.

I'm sure there will be others pitching in to help on here, SR, there's always loads of advice if you ask for it - and we're a friendly lot......:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Sadly, that account with the charges on it is not this one :sad:

Aw, that's a pity, SR...... :(.

Only you can decide on the other one I think - i.e. is a grand less than the amount owing and removal of a default a good deal , or do you hold on in the hope of a better one ? :)

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Would it be worthwhile/plausible to offer £3100 now on the condition they remove the default instantly, and then pay the rest in instalments

Anything is worth a try, SR , you can only ask, and they can only say 'yes' or 'no' :) . At the end of the day, it is an offer of settlement....

I know what you're saying about them being hard-nosed - HSBC do it to try and lead you down the 'Managed Loan ' road , which is a recipe for disaster.....

Nemo me impune lacessit

Managed loan? I keep seeing it mentioned but have no idea what it actually is.

Thankfully, my financial position now is pretty strong, I just want to avoid paying that full amount if at all possible!

Hi SR it's good that your position is pretty strong..... just to give you an idea , this is someone's(can't remember who) short graphic description of Managed Loans : :shock:

It happens when you are deeply overdrawn - charges every month, then they present it like the holy grail - they will loan you the money to pay off the overdraft - you'll be back in the black - hurrah! and maybe even a little extra to spend on whatever you want. it's a con! you will be paying for that little loan for a long, long time to come - and i mean years and years and years! the loan rate is way above the norm - like at least 10 points higher. they pay themselves the interest every month, month in and month out and very little off the principle of the loan.

I've seen probably hundreds on this forum who are struggling with managed loans. so, sermon over - try to keep your head above water and do what you can to clean up your financial act but under no circumstances fall for hsbc's managed loan - it is like indentured slavery! you will live to regret it :shock:

Also, if you're short of light reading material (horror stories!) you might like to dip into this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15457-who-has-had-managed.html?highlight=Who+has+had+managed+loans%3F[/

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit