• Tweets

• Hi, wondering if anyone has any helpful advice for me please:    I took out a secured loan with GE Money in 2007 for £6k, repayable over 25 years. The loan was brokered by Ocean Finance. The stated commission payment was £300 and a further £150 was charged for “application assessment and completion costs”.    About £4K of the loan was used to pay off other debts. My credit rating was poor at the time, with a history of late/missed payments. I was struggling to manage financially both before and after taking out this loan. Within a few months my direct debit payments were often returned unpaid. I took out a further secured loan (with a different company) about a year later.    My income at the time of the GE loan was £16k p/a (gross.) My mortgage payments were around £470 a month and the GE payments were around £70 at that time.    I cannot recall detailed information about my other outgoings - I was a single person living in a small terraced house, I didn’t run a car and travelled to and from work by public transport. I certainly never had any “spare” money (I had only bought my house the previous year and put every bit of my savings into it) and constantly struggled to manage on my income.    I have sent a SAR to GE and the documents I have received do not include anything I did not already have copies of, except for their call logs, which do not show anything of note.    I also sent a SAR to Ocean Finance, but was told that Ocean Finance and Mortgages Limited ceased trading in 2016 and that Intelligent Lending Limited, who now own the Ocean Finance brand, do not hold any information on the loan.    I have three issues:    Do I have scope to bring an affordability complaint against GE? I have had some success with complaints against other lenders - would the process be the same even though this is a secured loan?   Is it likely that there was secret commission paid on this loan and if so how can I find out? I understand from older posts that an “underwriting agreement” might give me this information - should I ask GE for this specifically and what does it look like?    Is there scope to argue that it was unreasonable for the £300 and £150 fees to be automatically added to the loan and that I should have been given the option to pay these up front, rather than paying enormous amounts of interest on these relatively small sums over the course of 25 years?    In case it is relevant, I have just paid off the loan, using monies I received from other affordability complaints!    Thank you in anticipation.           
    • a time order or time to pay form you should already have in the pack is admittance of the debt it is not avoidance of it   form-o3---notice-to-be-served-on-defender-in-ordinary-action-where-time-to-pay-direction-may-be-applied-for-actions-lodged-on-or-after-4-april-2011.doc (live.com)
    • What happens now is that the central court will send both you and the fleecers a simple form called a Directions Questionnaire, and then allocate the case to your local court in the small claims track.   Read some threads with "claimform" in the title and you'll soon get the hang of the legal process.  In fact it's essential that you gen up.    
    • Back in September my husband was at home with our 2 year old son and 5 months old puppy when suddenly a DPD driver walked into our property.  We live on a main road and the front door was wide open while he tried to take a picture of the goods inside.  My husband was shocked and furious which is understandable as open doors, main roads, puppies and toddlers don’t mix.  At the time we had a man in servicing the boiler so the front door was not locked.   My husband shouted at the guy to get out and the rude driver persisted with his attempted to picture  the package in the hallway even calling my husband “white boy” and telling him to shut up.  My husband ushered him out of the house and shut the door.  He immediately called the local DPD depot and raised a complaint to be told that someone would call him back.  This call never came.  We did not pursue this as no harm had to come anyone and DPD were obviously not interested.   Fast forward a few months and I was expecting a coin from the Royal Mint for the value of around £750.  The tracking on the delivery of this stated that coin had been delivered, then it said it had been delivered to number 2 (we are number 18).  Calling over and over again I was never supported by DPD as to where my package was.  The Royal Mint was informed it was delivered and I was invoiced £750 for the coin.  Try as I might to have this invoice removed from my name they would not budge as DPD said it was delivered.  It nearly got to court proceedings before the coin eventually landed back at the Royal Mint.  After that debacle I was frustrated, rejected another coin being sent and left it at that.   Again we move forward a few months and I am now expecting some gardening tools to be delivered that ordered from Amazon.  I had no details of the delivery but then I get an email from the seller advising me the items are on their way to them and I will get a refund.  I check the tracking information and once again DPD have returned the items. I thought this was odd but calling through to DPD offered no input as to why and they just told me to order them again.   A week later I take out a new contract with Sky for a mobile phone and on the morning I am due to get the delivery from DPD the goods are sent straight back to sky.  I was so puzzled at this point so I call DPD and ask them why. They inform me that there is no name on the parcel and due to the value of the goods there has to be a name.  I literally spend all day on the phone to sky speaking to various departments trying to get a new phone but they all inform me that I have to have a new order which means a new credit check.   I hate this idea because one credit check knocks your score by hundreds of points and takes months to build back up.  In the end they say they can send a new phone and to my relief they dispatch that night.   The next morning I wake to a message to say the phone had been shipped but was rejected by DPD and sent back to Sky.  I called DPD and was told they can’t tell me why and I must speak to sky.  I speak to sky and they tell me I have to speak to DPD.  My frustration is working overtime at this point and I have nowhere to go.   I remember I have a contact through work of someone at DPD who was trying to get my company to use DPD’s services.  She was incredibly helpful and confirms that my property has been blacklisted because the driver feels unsafe!!!  He feels unsafe!!!  He was the one who entered my home yet he feels unsafe???  My contact passes on my details to the exec helpdesk who proceeds to tell me that they are very sorry that all of this happened, they have retrained the driver however they will not remove the ban on deliveries to my property.  I ask why I cannot collect from a local drop box or shop but am informed they do not offer this service (although this is a service they promote as it saves the environment).  They say my complaint was called back but we didn’t answer however this is not correct as no call was ever received.    To make matters comical is that the same driver deliveries to my husbands place of work and he collects/delivers regularly.  He doesn’t even recognise him let alone feel threatened by him.  The exec helpdesk have said sorry for their lack of transparency on the blacklist of the address and for the bogus reasons for rejecting my parcels.  They have said sorry for not following up the call more than once and they have said sorry that delivering to drop boxes and shops is not something which they do.   They seem to be very sorry for a lot of things but it does not help me fix this issue and it impacts any further online shopping as I must now always establish who the courier is before placing orders….which is quite a difficult thing to do!   Where do I stand with this because I still don’t know what the driver is even saying happened as nobody will divulge this.  They seems to have closed ranks and are taking the drivers word as gospel over the version of events which we are not able to defend.   The lies they have told so far to me and their customers (Amazon, Royal Mint, Sky) about the bogus return reasons shows they are not a truthful company. Back in September my husband was at home with our 2 year old son and 5 months old puppy when suddenly a DPD driver walked into our property.  We live on a main road and the front door was wide open while he tried to take a picture of the goods inside.  My husband was shocked and furious which is understandable as open doors, main roads, puppies and toddlers don’t mix.  At the time we had a man in servicing the boiler so the front door was not locked.   My husband shouted at the guy to get out and the rude driver persisted with his attempted to picture  the package in the hallway even calling my husband “white boy” and telling him to shut up.  My husband ushered him out of the house and shut the door.  He immediately called the local DPD depot and raised a complaint to be told that someone would call him back.  This call never came.  We did not pursue this as no harm had to come anyone and DPD were obviously not interested.   Fast forward a few months and I was expecting a coin from the Royal Mint for the value of around £750.  The tracking on the delivery of this stated that coin had been delivered, then it said it had been delivered to number 2 (we are number 18).  Calling over and over again I was never supported by DPD as to where my package was.  The Royal Mint was informed it was delivered and I was invoiced £750 for the coin.  Try as I might to have this invoice removed from my name they would not budge as DPD said it was delivered.  It nearly got to court proceedings before the coin eventually landed back at the Royal Mint.  After that debacle I was frustrated, rejected another coin being sent and left it at that.   Again we move forward a few months and I am now expecting some gardening tools to be delivered that ordered from Amazon.  I had no details of the delivery but then I get an email from the seller advising me the items are on their way to them and I will get a refund.  I check the tracking information and once again DPD have returned the items. I thought this was odd but calling through to DPD offered no input as to why and they just told me to order them again.   A week later I take out a new contract with Sky for a mobile phone and on the morning I am due to get the delivery from DPD the goods are sent straight back to sky.  I was so puzzled at this point so I call DPD and ask them why. They inform me that there is no name on the parcel and due to the value of the goods there has to be a name.  I literally spend all day on the phone to sky speaking to various departments trying to get a new phone but they all inform me that I have to have a new order which means a new credit check.   I hate this idea because one credit check knocks your score by hundreds of points and takes months to build back up.  In the end they say they can send a new phone and to my relief they dispatch that night.   The next morning I wake to a message to say the phone had been shipped but was rejected by DPD and sent back to Sky.  I called DPD and was told they can’t tell me why and I must speak to sky.  I speak to sky and they tell me I have to speak to DPD.  My frustration is working overtime at this point and I have nowhere to go.   I remember I have a contact through work of someone at DPD who was trying to get my company to use DPD’s services.  She was incredibly helpful and confirms that my property has been blacklisted because the driver feels unsafe!!!  He feels unsafe!!!  He was the one who entered my home yet he feels unsafe???  My contact passes on my details to the exec helpdesk who proceeds to tell me that they are very sorry that all of this happened, they have retrained the driver however they will not remove the ban on deliveries to my property.  I ask why I cannot collect from a local drop box or shop but am informed they do not offer this service (although this is a service they promote as it saves the environment).  They say my complaint was called back but we didn’t answer however this is not correct as no call was ever received.    To make matters comical is that the same driver deliveries to my husbands place of work and he collects/delivers regularly.  He doesn’t even recognise him let alone feel threatened by him.  The exec helpdesk have said sorry for their lack of transparency on the blacklist of the address and for the bogus reasons for rejecting my parcels.  They have said sorry for not following up the call more than once and they have said sorry that delivering to drop boxes and shops is not something which they do.   They seem to be very sorry for a lot of things but it does not help me fix this issue and it impacts any further online shopping as I must now always establish who the courier is before placing orders….which is quite a difficult thing to do!   Where do I stand with this because I still don’t know what the driver is even saying happened as nobody will divulge this.  They seems to have closed ranks and are taking the drivers word as gospel over the version of events which we are not able to defend.   The lies they have told so far to me and their customers (Amazon, Royal Mint, Sky) about the bogus return reasons shows they are not a truthful company.   How are they able to blacklist and not tell anybody and lie to everyone involved as to why.   If anyone else needs to complain to DPD use the following email address: [email protected] 
    • Given they have presumably done this work for other properties, hopefully your complaint will now make them take you seriously and put you at the head of the queue.   If that fails and you do have to threaten or take legal action, given what you have - paper trail, promises by them to do the work at various dates, acceptance by them of their responsibility - I think you're in a great position.  You've gone the right way about this.   Let's do this.  Wait till Thursday.  Then come back here and if you've had no joy we can think about a Letter of Claim.  Legally there are various timescales which may or may not include giving them a final chance to complete the work before you do it yourself and sue them - I'm afraid I only have the vaguest knowledge of these but on Thursday we can "call in" Caggers who have years of experience with problems like yours.    Very good idea of yours to get quotes for how much it will cost to do the work.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

DCA has been CCA'd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many thanks Babybear for all your support through this journey. I will keep this thread updated. I still have to SRA the CRA :wink:

THE FIGHT CONTINUES!

Fight the injustice's of life with joy in your heart and abandon bitterness as it will destroy YOUR soul. Just at the foot, of a very steep learning curve. ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a great holiday and try to forget about these numpties :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I am on holiday as of tomorrow for 2 weeks and am thinking of sending this as a response.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account/Reference Number xxxxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, thank you for sending me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that we are now in negotiation of the above account as you have now proved you own the debt. My disposable income is very small and I propose to pay you £50 per month. My family have suggested that if you can reduce the debt to 50% they will consider borrowing me the funds for a FULL and FINAL settlement.

I am now on holiday until the 25th July and await your response on my return.

I enclose a cheque for the first payment in good faith.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Some feedback would be great.

I have not got the plague, just a CCA :lol:

Not nit-picking, well I am really but your family would be willing to "lend" you the money rather than "borrow". I think that is the right way around, you lend from and borrow to, if I remember correctly. Keep up the good work, I have subscribed to this thread. And have a great holiday.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

You are so right berrylover, THANKS. ;) It is hard to concentrate when stressed. I dont even know if they will lend me the money. I just want to see what I can get the payment down to. Many thanks for your support berrylover. This site has helped me so much and it has made me Fighting-Fit. :)

THANK YOU ALL.

Fight the injustice's of life with joy in your heart and abandon bitterness as it will destroy YOUR soul. Just at the foot, of a very steep learning curve. ;)

I have ammended the letter to also include communicating in writing only.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account/Reference Number xxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, thank you for sending me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that we are now in negotiation of the above account, now you have proved you own the debt. My disposable income is very small and I propose to pay you £50 per month. My family have suggested that if you can reduce the debt to 50% they will consider lending me the funds for a FULL and FINAL settlement.

I will continue to ONLY communicate with you in writing and any other form of communication will be treated as harassment.

Yours faithfully

The above letter has been sent special delivery today. I felt I had no choice with them producing a CCA.

Thats me off to Ireland tomorrow on holiday and I will raise a glass of the black stuff to you all. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

aren't you not meant to send a cheque because of the signature though?

I recorded HFO threatening to add £100 interest on the spot to a £120 owed debt :cool:

I recorded HFO breaking the data protection act and admittidly breaking the telecomms act :cool:

Oh how funny? HFO called me with a £20 settlement fee for the "inconvenience" and sent me a fabulous letter to confirm the debt is now settled :p

aren't you not meant to send a cheque because of the signature though?

We advise against use of cheques unless you get someone else to write one for you as it has been rumoured that less scrupilous DCAs and bank use photoshop to add signatures to credit agreement and official documents ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Argh thats a nightmare.

Whats the best way to pay a company, for example, HFO?

I don't want to pay over the phone-have already had a load of rubbish over the phone from them AFTER a payment arrangement was made.

They rang ME up threatening to charge me hundreds of pounds of interest and its my boyfriends debt-not even mine. And i have no legal connection to my boyfriend either apart from the fact that we have a joint account.

So don't want them to get hold of my bank details again.

How can we pay then in the most 'safest' way?

I recorded HFO threatening to add £100 interest on the spot to a £120 owed debt :cool:

I recorded HFO breaking the data protection act and admittidly breaking the telecomms act :cool:

Oh how funny? HFO called me with a £20 settlement fee for the "inconvenience" and sent me a fabulous letter to confirm the debt is now settled :p

The best way is standing order or postal order as you have control over the payments. Write requesting a standing order mandate and send a PO in the meantime if a payment is due by recorded delivery making a note of the PO number to check if they cash it.

Ok. If/When they reply I will do a standing order I think.

That way I can just pay the lot off in one go and HOPEFULLY these cowboys will go away and I will be free to write all my complaints letters :D

Thanks for your help

Oh, if it's only one payment just use a postal order or get someone unconnected with you to write a cheque.

Well its only £115 !

The story is: Its my bf's debt.

They rang me up because we have a joint account so they decided to harass me.

I agreed with my bf that I would deal with them for him.

I agreed to pay 57 each month for 3months to pay off the 170.

after the first payment went out with no problems-some woman rings me up threatening me because i wouldn't pay the whole lot there and then. Only a week after i'd made the first payment for him. So I recorded the call and since have had no calls.

Have now sent a letter asking for the agreement in writing.

So when I get the amount in writing-I'll write a cheque then or ask a family member to for him with the full amount.

I'm just worried they will try to sell on the debt again or harrass for more even when its paid off. Its only 115 owing now aswell. :(

I've just read your thread, and the advice given there is correct in that you need written proof of the balance before you pay anymore and also insist on proper receipts for payments received.

With regard to the phoncall recording you have, follow the advise given and report them to TS, the OFT, 3 and the DCA with a full transcript of the call. Make sure you keep the recording safe ;)

Thank You. Have already made some copies of it just in case.

I just needed to find out how to pay...as am worried about what they will do with my card details. Thanks :)

Postal order or get someone to write a cheque...

Hi guys, I sent this letter on the 11th July before going on holiday. It was in response to the DCA sending me a CCA (enforceable). Some guys have all the luck!

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account/Reference Number xxxxxx

I understand that we are now in negotiation of the above account, now you have proved you own the debt. My disposable income is very small and I propose to pay you £50 per month. My family have suggested that if you can reduce the debt to 50% they will consider lending me the funds for a FULL and FINAL settlement.

I will continue to ONLY communicate with you in writing and any other form of communication will be treated as harassment.

Yours faithfully

On returning home from my holiday, I received a POSTCARD stating;

WE ARE URGENTLY TRYING TO CONTACT YOU

I WILL CONTACT YOU AGAIN BETWEEN 8:00am and 8:00 pm

If inconvenient please call 08** *** ****

THIS IS NOT THE RESPONSE I WAS EXPECTING FROM THE ABOVE LETTER.

I have already sent them the I WILL ONLY COMMUNICATE WITH THEM IN WRITING LETTER.

Even trying to pay these numpties is hard work.

I have offered to make a full and final payment if they reduce the amount.

Has anyone got any experience in negotiating with a DCA after a CCA has been received.

Any help would be most gratefull.

The credit agreement was for interest free credit. Does this mean the DCA cannot add interest to the account. Please help.

Bump. Is there no one out there who can help or offer some advice.

HELP NEEDED

Would someone be able to help me with this please.

A DCA has provided a CCA which is forceable :-x. Now the original agreement was on interest free credit. Does this mean the DCA cannot add interest to the debt or is that just wishful thinking on my behalf. I have agreed a monthly fee (I told them what I could afford to pay) but do not want to incur massive interest charges. :confused:

Please HELP if you can.

THANKS

Hi FF

just found this answer from diskmandave to the same question on a different thread>

Interest can only be added after default provided that there is a specific term to do so in the original contract. If not it falls clearly within the OFT's debt collection guidelines regarding collection costs...

So, the answer is NO.

does that help??

• Haha 1

Thank's sticky, my agreement is on here somewhere but I can't find any specific terms regarding interest after default.

• Haha 1