DCA has been CCA'd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many thanks Babybear for all your support through this journey. I will keep this thread updated. I still have to SRA the CRA :wink:

THE FIGHT CONTINUES!

Fight the injustice's of life with joy in your heart and abandon bitterness as it will destroy YOUR soul. Just at the foot, of a very steep learning curve. ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a great holiday and try to forget about these numpties :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I am on holiday as of tomorrow for 2 weeks and am thinking of sending this as a response.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account/Reference Number xxxxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, thank you for sending me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that we are now in negotiation of the above account as you have now proved you own the debt. My disposable income is very small and I propose to pay you £50 per month. My family have suggested that if you can reduce the debt to 50% they will consider borrowing me the funds for a FULL and FINAL settlement.

I am now on holiday until the 25th July and await your response on my return.

I enclose a cheque for the first payment in good faith.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Some feedback would be great.

I have not got the plague, just a CCA :lol:

Not nit-picking, well I am really but your family would be willing to "lend" you the money rather than "borrow". I think that is the right way around, you lend from and borrow to, if I remember correctly. Keep up the good work, I have subscribed to this thread. And have a great holiday.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

You are so right berrylover, THANKS. ;) It is hard to concentrate when stressed. I dont even know if they will lend me the money. I just want to see what I can get the payment down to. Many thanks for your support berrylover. This site has helped me so much and it has made me Fighting-Fit. :)

THANK YOU ALL.

Fight the injustice's of life with joy in your heart and abandon bitterness as it will destroy YOUR soul. Just at the foot, of a very steep learning curve. ;)

I have ammended the letter to also include communicating in writing only.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account/Reference Number xxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, thank you for sending me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that we are now in negotiation of the above account, now you have proved you own the debt. My disposable income is very small and I propose to pay you £50 per month. My family have suggested that if you can reduce the debt to 50% they will consider lending me the funds for a FULL and FINAL settlement.

I will continue to ONLY communicate with you in writing and any other form of communication will be treated as harassment.

Yours faithfully

The above letter has been sent special delivery today. I felt I had no choice with them producing a CCA.

Thats me off to Ireland tomorrow on holiday and I will raise a glass of the black stuff to you all. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

aren't you not meant to send a cheque because of the signature though?

I recorded HFO threatening to add £100 interest on the spot to a £120 owed debt :cool:

I recorded HFO breaking the data protection act and admittidly breaking the telecomms act :cool:

Oh how funny? HFO called me with a £20 settlement fee for the "inconvenience" and sent me a fabulous letter to confirm the debt is now settled :p

aren't you not meant to send a cheque because of the signature though?

We advise against use of cheques unless you get someone else to write one for you as it has been rumoured that less scrupilous DCAs and bank use photoshop to add signatures to credit agreement and official documents ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Argh thats a nightmare.

Whats the best way to pay a company, for example, HFO?

I don't want to pay over the phone-have already had a load of rubbish over the phone from them AFTER a payment arrangement was made.

They rang ME up threatening to charge me hundreds of pounds of interest and its my boyfriends debt-not even mine. And i have no legal connection to my boyfriend either apart from the fact that we have a joint account.

So don't want them to get hold of my bank details again.

How can we pay then in the most 'safest' way?

I recorded HFO threatening to add £100 interest on the spot to a £120 owed debt :cool:

I recorded HFO breaking the data protection act and admittidly breaking the telecomms act :cool:

Oh how funny? HFO called me with a £20 settlement fee for the "inconvenience" and sent me a fabulous letter to confirm the debt is now settled :p

The best way is standing order or postal order as you have control over the payments. Write requesting a standing order mandate and send a PO in the meantime if a payment is due by recorded delivery making a note of the PO number to check if they cash it.

Ok. If/When they reply I will do a standing order I think.

That way I can just pay the lot off in one go and HOPEFULLY these cowboys will go away and I will be free to write all my complaints letters :D

Thanks for your help

Oh, if it's only one payment just use a postal order or get someone unconnected with you to write a cheque.

Well its only £115 !

The story is: Its my bf's debt.

They rang me up because we have a joint account so they decided to harass me.

I agreed with my bf that I would deal with them for him.

I agreed to pay 57 each month for 3months to pay off the 170.

after the first payment went out with no problems-some woman rings me up threatening me because i wouldn't pay the whole lot there and then. Only a week after i'd made the first payment for him. So I recorded the call and since have had no calls.

Have now sent a letter asking for the agreement in writing.

So when I get the amount in writing-I'll write a cheque then or ask a family member to for him with the full amount.

I'm just worried they will try to sell on the debt again or harrass for more even when its paid off. Its only 115 owing now aswell. :(

I've just read your thread, and the advice given there is correct in that you need written proof of the balance before you pay anymore and also insist on proper receipts for payments received.

With regard to the phoncall recording you have, follow the advise given and report them to TS, the OFT, 3 and the DCA with a full transcript of the call. Make sure you keep the recording safe ;)

Thank You. Have already made some copies of it just in case.

I just needed to find out how to pay...as am worried about what they will do with my card details. Thanks :)

Postal order or get someone to write a cheque...

Hi guys, I sent this letter on the 11th July before going on holiday. It was in response to the DCA sending me a CCA (enforceable). Some guys have all the luck!

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account/Reference Number xxxxxx

I understand that we are now in negotiation of the above account, now you have proved you own the debt. My disposable income is very small and I propose to pay you £50 per month. My family have suggested that if you can reduce the debt to 50% they will consider lending me the funds for a FULL and FINAL settlement.

I will continue to ONLY communicate with you in writing and any other form of communication will be treated as harassment.

Yours faithfully

On returning home from my holiday, I received a POSTCARD stating;

WE ARE URGENTLY TRYING TO CONTACT YOU

I WILL CONTACT YOU AGAIN BETWEEN 8:00am and 8:00 pm

If inconvenient please call 08** *** ****

THIS IS NOT THE RESPONSE I WAS EXPECTING FROM THE ABOVE LETTER.

I have already sent them the I WILL ONLY COMMUNICATE WITH THEM IN WRITING LETTER.

Even trying to pay these numpties is hard work.

I have offered to make a full and final payment if they reduce the amount.

Has anyone got any experience in negotiating with a DCA after a CCA has been received.

Any help would be most gratefull.

The credit agreement was for interest free credit. Does this mean the DCA cannot add interest to the account. Please help.

Bump. Is there no one out there who can help or offer some advice.

HELP NEEDED

Would someone be able to help me with this please.

A DCA has provided a CCA which is forceable :-x. Now the original agreement was on interest free credit. Does this mean the DCA cannot add interest to the debt or is that just wishful thinking on my behalf. I have agreed a monthly fee (I told them what I could afford to pay) but do not want to incur massive interest charges. :confused:

Please HELP if you can.

THANKS

Hi FF

just found this answer from diskmandave to the same question on a different thread>

Interest can only be added after default provided that there is a specific term to do so in the original contract. If not it falls clearly within the OFT's debt collection guidelines regarding collection costs...

So, the answer is NO.

does that help??

• Haha 1

Thank's sticky, my agreement is on here somewhere but I can't find any specific terms regarding interest after default.

• Haha 1