UKCPS - Advice Please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, Hi to everyone and what a great site, i'm so glad that i didn't pay the ticket in my fit of madness! :mad:

My story. :)

Today i went to a retail park to pick up a product from a store. I was in the store for around 15mins. I came out the store to see a ticket slapped onto my scooter.

I normally park my scooter next to the metal bars left to enable you to secure bike and have no problems. Today i couldn't as the shop unit next door is having building work done and have metal fences up which stopped me from safely parking there. So, i parked on the other side of the entrance next to some shop trolleys. I wasn't blocking the flow of pedestrians or cars....

The ticket states that i wasn't parked in a marked out bay! But i'm on a scooter and can't park in a bay as there is nothing supplied to chain my scooter to!? The sign displayed near to where i parked talks about charges for parking in disabled spaces, i wasn't in a disabled space, and theres nothing about that scooters have to be parked in big huge marked out "bays"....

I have read some threads and it seems that i should definitely not pay this charge....... i mean its £75 and they talk about adding on £3 a day after 10days...

Advice anyone?

Edited by Fidester

UKCPS, like UKPAO, claim they can charge £3 / day for "liquidated damages". Rest assured that this has absolutely no legal basis whatsoever.

Because their paperwork and claims are so extreme, there is only a miniscule chance that they would risk having all this scrutinised in a court.

My advice - simply ignore everything from UKCPS short of actual stamped court papers [which wont happen]

Is it worth sending a letter with something like the below........to head em off at the pass.....so to speak. Or just ignore them completely?

"I see your charge as unlawful, uneforceable and I am not liable. I will not be providing any payment and your continued pursuit of this matter will constitute an offence under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997. I consider the matter closed and am explicitly instructing you not to contact me again for any reason, except to confirm that the matter is now closed"

No, because then you'll be a 'hooked fish'. They'll know you're taking the bait and could be a potential payer if they send enough letters.

Just ignore them. Bays on private land mean nothing. They might as well be graffiti.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I wrote a letter eventually but I still get letters from them, I'm on my 5th letter from them with a charge of £395. I'm still not paying end off. I can also prove I was at work that day in Birmingham. So up to them to decide what they want to do. I'm just sat here waiting for more letters now and maybe a court order or baliffs???

RIP My Little Angel Callam, Still Born 30th October 2007. Mummy and Daddy Will Always Miss You. YNWA xXx

No surprise they ignored your letter. There is no 'appeals process'. There is no reasoning.

They won't take you to court. Debt collectors are powerless private companies. You might get a letter from them (usually the parking company using differently headed paper) but you won't get a visit.

Bailiffs only get involved if you get taken to court, lose and can't or won't pay. Ain't gonna happen.