OT Stuff from Parking Forum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the information; suffice to say I'm not touching this job with a barge pole!

This reminds me of the Mirror Madeline McCann forum where anyone who posted anything defendign the parents was immediately jumped on as a troll working for Clarence Mitchell/the McCanns

I'm honestly a totally neutral person who stumbled across this website for the sole reason that it contained the name and address of the company I was researching.

The term CPS Troll was used by another poster on this very thread - thats where I got it from! But if you're convinced of something you'll make any innocuous fact fit the story.

If some of you could see how you appear to an outside observer you'd laugh :rolleyes:

If it's got to the stage of litigation fears over possibly slanderous comments it's time to step away from the forum....

You're also showing your hand to whoever happens to drop by, which is not exactly going to give you the element of surprise is it? :rolleyes:

No need for an element of surprise at all so I don't think that is worrying anyone here unduly. If you have time research the case law and statutes and you will find yourself no surprises are needed.

No one stepping away - that is just what the PPCs and their Trolls want. people post here to protect victims who come here for help. what kind of people would we be if we left them in the clutches of the PPCs ?

p.s. impossible to slander anyone via a post on an internet forum.

p.p.s. no one is scared of a libel action either.

Absolutely lamma the more trolling, phishing and threatening from the other side the more determined it makes some of us. Nobody is worried about libel - did you hear that Perky, whatever ID you are currently hiding under? - but we do not want to bring about a situation where CAG is caused unnecessary hassle defending against rogue complaints.

- Most apt methinks...;)

...:D

I love Elvis, don't you, Milky Bar Kid? X

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Assuming this is a straight enquiry about an employment opportunity I would advise caution.

Combined Parking Solutions are aggressively litiguious. They have built up a portfolio of won cases against dodgy defences. This has been at some considerable expense. Travelling mob handed from Wolverhampton to Harrogate or Oldham for a chance of getting £85 plus a [small] contribution towards expenses does not begin to make economic sense. It sets no sort of precedent.

Futhermore, the sheer effort that goes into some of the cases, trolling and phishing on internet sites, attempting to match postings to registered keeper details to "prove" driver identity is completely disproportionate. Any victories are pyrrhic in that the cost to CPS is not worth the prize. This level of effort in trying to find out the driver identity is simply not scaleable. In CPS's ideal world 100% of people would pay these parking charge invoices promptly and without question.

It is true that a disappointingly large percentage of people do pay. However, over time, that is changing, it happened with bank charges, payment protection insurance and extended warranties, it will happen with these private parking charges too.

Over time, the number of paying punters will steadily go down, leading to a shrinking business, reduced cashflow and consequerntial increased staff stress levels.

Overall - not something for the long term but short term, if you are attracted by the free parking and the thought of free meat pie, chips & gravy at lunchtime then go for it.

• Haha 2

Assuming this is a straight enquiry about an employment opportunity I would advise caution.

Combined Parking Solutions are aggressively litiguious. They have built up a portfolio of won cases against dodgy defences. This has been at some considerable expense. Travelling mob handed from Wolverhampton to Harrogate or Oldham for a chance of getting £85 plus a [small] contribution towards expenses does not begin to make economic sense. It sets no sort of precedent.

Futhermore, the sheer effort that goes into some of the cases, trolling and phishing on internet sites, attempting to match postings to registered keeper details to "prove" driver identity is completely disproportionate. Any victories are pyrrhic in that the cost to CPS is not worth the prize. This level of effort in trying to find out the driver identity is simply not scaleable. In CPS's ideal world 100% of people would pay these parking charge invoices promptly and without question.

It is true that a disappointingly large percentage of people do pay. However, over time, that is changing, it happened with bank charges, payment protection insurance and extended warranties, it will happen with these private parking charges too.

Over time, the number of paying punters will steadily go down, leading to a shrinking business, reduced cashflow and consequerntial increased staff stress levels.

Overall - not something for the long term but short term, if you are attracted by the free parking and the thought of free meat pie, chips & gravy at lunchtime then go for it.

Very well said, and very arcuate, and totally agree.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

No need for an element of surprise at all so I don't think that is worrying anyone here unduly. If you have time research the case law and statutes and you will find yourself no surprises are needed.

No one stepping away - that is just what the PPCs and their Trolls want. people post here to protect victims who come here for help. what kind of people would we be if we left them in the clutches of the PPCs ?

p.s. impossible to slander anyone via a post on an internet forum.

p.p.s. no one is scared of a libel action either.

Unless they can be identified

:wink:

Thanks for the information.

I have no intention for applying for the job; I knew it was dodgy the moment I realised there was a consumer action forum focused on this man - not something to instill confidence is it? lol

In fact as they had altered their name to 'Combined Solutions' when I phoned for the contact details, they could presumably be had up for misrepresentation - they appear to not want to draw attention to their name or the true nature of their business.

Have they been reported to Watchdog or local newspapers?

What you really need is someone to take the job and act as a mole.

How will they even know that won't happen now anyway? :wink:

How will they even know that won't happen now anyway? :wink:

Because Mr Perkins will "Just know" ;)

Thanks

- Hobbie

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

Lol :)

[edited]

That's why his actions seem illogical - for no other reason than s*** for brains! :rolleyes:

You can't reason with this type; [edited]

Edited by jonni2bad

aeon456,

I'm not from Wolverhampton so I can't comment on the cities average IQ, nor have I met Mr Perkins or his spokespeople/employees, so wouldn't know if he was rude or ignorant and as you say

...[edited]! :rolleyes:

And as for

You can't reason with this type; [edited]

That may be true, but I never condone violence against any person, no matter what.

Edited by jonni2bad
quoted text only

Thanks

- Hobbie

Sorry, I'm not trying to encourage you to say anything damning yourself; I'm just expressing my own opinion and if he's reading this it gives me pleasure to imagine him realising he can't say anything back without revealing his identity lol

So :p to you for making me waste my printer ink and phone bill on a petty rip-off merchant!

A letter to the Express & Star newspaper about all this, making sure to name-check his coffee house, could prove very effective.

Folks - this may be the bear garden, but the same forum rules apply here.

Please don't use abusive language, remarks about individuals that are clearly abusive, or remarks that could be seen to encourage or condone violence or illegal activity of any nature.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I got CagBot'd for quoting :o - Would it not be more fitting to call it GagBot ;)

*Whistles innocently*

Thanks

- Hobbie