OT Stuff from Parking Forum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do not post Home addresses of other members on this site.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Maybe so, but we have a duty to protect any user registered on this site.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Indeed, a bit of fun is fine, but when it begins getting personal, people need to know where to draw the line.

• Haha 1

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

Indeed, a bit of fun is fine, but when it begins getting personal, people need to know where to draw the line.

It's a pity Perky does not have the ethics of this site.....he insists on getting personal at every opportunity with the people [edited]......................., this in turn allows people like me to "remove the gloves" when dealing with this pie eater. One thing I would not do is invite sales people to call at his office / house, this only wastes the time of decent folk.

Edited by jonni2bad

daveth1955,

I agree, but do we have to bring this site down to Perky's level and loose our ethics regarding personal attacks?

I and everyone here agrees that what Perky does is wrong and unlawful, his business is flawed, he hasn't a scoobydoo about the law, and alot of other things no doubt.

But he most likely thinks what he is doing is right and lawful, that is his opinion, we know he is wrong, but he thinks otherwise, if not he wouldn't be running his business the way he does.

Let him continue to think what he does is right, and we (the people on here) and other forums will continuously prove otherwise at the courts, thus costing him more and more money, until evenutally he smells the coffee from his coffee shop ;) and throws the towel in once he sees the light.... or once his bank manager gets sick of him loosing at court which ever comes first :D

Thanks

- Hobbie

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

daveth1955,

I agree, but do we have to bring this site down to Perky's level and loose our ethics regarding personal attacks?

I and everyone here agrees that what Perky does is wrong and unlawful, his business is flawed, he hasn't a scoobydoo about the law, and alot of other things no doubt.

But he most likely thinks what he is doing is right and lawful, that is his opinion, we know he is wrong, but he thinks otherwise, if not he wouldn't be running his business the way he does.

Let him continue to think what he does is right, and we (the people on here) and other forums will continuously prove otherwise at the courts, thus costing him more and more money, until evenutally he smells the coffee from his coffee shop ;) and throws the towel in once he sees the light.... or once his bank manager gets sick of him loosing at court which ever comes first :D

I agree with most of your comments, however I disagree that he thinks he is doing right, having dealt with others like him, [edited] its not right.... but a good money earner from (and I am careful to clean this up from what he would say) "less well informed members of the motoring public" [edited] just sees others as his passport to more and more pies.

Edited by jonni2bad

All I did was linked to a website created by Perky where HE published his own personal data, [edited]. His website was fully searchable on Google and other search engines. Therefore he has put the information in the public domain himself. He can huff and puff all he likes - and no doubt has been doing given the mods reaction - but that is the long and short of it.If this was an opponent of his Perky would not give [edited] about publishing personal information as we can readily see from his website and sponsored ad.

Edited by jonni2bad

All I did was linked to a website created by Perky where HE published his own personal data, [edited]. His website was fully searchable on Google and other search engines. Therefore he has put the information in the public domain himself. He can huff and puff all he likes - and no doubt has been doing given the mods reaction - but that is the long and short of it.If this was an opponent of his Perky would not give [edited] about publishing personal information as we can readily see from his website and sponsored ad.

there may be another forum that would keep the link active, no doubt the mods here have their reasons

Edited by jonni2bad
quoted text only

Who told you that UK ........ No you don't, not if they are already in the public domain & easily ID'd as perky is

That's the same argument that the MP's used & the court dismissed it out of hand

With the greatest respect stop being so over zealous & remember perky placed himself in this position by having him & his mates come here to cause trouble & so only has himself to blame if it's come back to bite him.

Not only did they very rudely slag a Judge off on this open forum but they also impugned the mods by implying personal data from the site was being disclosed to them illegaly.........such remarks against a website border on the criminal

If you are, no matter what he threatens & because he's full of wind, please don't pander to the [edited] demands by restricting comment or details already in the public domain

Edited by jonni2bad

I wonder if they sell pies:wink:

The last couple of paragraphs are good:

The current owners Michael and Alexandra Perkins have been here since April 2003 and we would like to welcome all our customers, both new and old.

We hope we have created a relaxing atmosphere in which you can eat, drink and browse, away from modern day pressures.

eek - just got an email to say that my post (1st on this board) had been edited to remove Comercial Link.

I was only linking to Perkys other venture as it seamed relevant and in public domain (easily found via google)

I was just a little shocked that the PM I got was from a bot - yet it had taken ~5 days for it to be spotted... Surely the rules the bot is programmed with should be applied to submitted messages?

Sorry not being picky just curious

Who told you that UK ........ No you don't, not if they are already in the public domain & easily ID'd as perky is

The site rules do state that:

A topic/post will be edited or deleted if it contains:

* Anything invasive into a persons privacy

That's the same argument that the MP's used & the court dismissed it out of hand

With the greatest respect stop being so over zealous & remember perky placed himself in this position by having him & his mates come here to cause trouble & so only has himself to blame if it's come back to bite him.

Perky may have placed himself in this position, but his family may/may not be aware of anything going on with his business practices. The link to his other website was also a commercial link. This is also against the site rules

* Any form of unauthorised advertising or Spam

Not only did they very rudely slag a Judge off on this open forum but they also impugned the mods by implying personal data from the site was being disclosed to them illegaly.........such remarks against a website border on the criminal

If you are, no matter what he threatens & because he's full of wind, please don't pander to the idiots demands by restricting comment or details already in the public domain

We had received a complaint, not from Perky or anyone else associated with him, about personal information being linked to this site. I have moderated the posts, as did Bankfodder, as they break the site rules. It does not matter to me if the information is in the public domain, if anyone needs the information then Google it. Links to commercial sites will be edited.

WARNING TO ALL

We had received a complaint, not from Perky or anyone else associated with himquote]

How do mods now it was not Perky or anyone associated with him who made the complaint? He has more identities than you can shake a stick at - female, Scottish, you name it.Are mods really saying publicly available information cannot be posted on this site? If that is so 90% of posts would have to be censored.Perky has alleged that an insider provides him with personal details of members. I hope that is not true. It is a little disconcerting that the site apparently rushes to his aid even though he has alleged dishonesty by its staff and is currently running a sponsored ad slagging it off.

We had received a complaint, not from Perky or anyone else associated with himquote]

How do mods now it was not Perky or anyone associated with him who made the complaint? He has more identities than you can shake a stick at - female, Scottish, you name it.Are mods really saying publicly available information cannot be posted on this site? If that is so 90% of posts would have to be censored.Perky has alleged that an insider provides him with personal details of members. I hope that is not true. It is a little disconcerting that the site apparently rushes to his aid even though he has alleged dishonesty by its staff and is currently running a sponsored ad slagging it off.

Please, listen to yourselves,

Firstly, NO ONE gives out personal details, this is a bizarre statement to make especially since we do not have access to your personal details

when you register with the site are you asked for your name and address? NO . do you give us your telephone number ? NO all you give on the registration is user name password and email address!! so how the heck can someone seriously believe that we are giving out personal information , its ridiculous to suggest and more ridiculous if you believe it !!!

For the record, we do not solely rush to perky s aid when something goes wrong,we uphold the site rules, which as a member im sure you will have read;) so you will know with some degree of certainty that the posting of commercial links for example is prohibited

on the issue of how do we know it wasnt perky that made the complaint, i dont need to disclose how but trust me we do!!

i hope this clears the issue up for you

What rules? Rules that say you can't mention someones already publicly available on the World Wide Web address ......... how odd?

Commercial link. Yeah right what a feeble excuse that is in this case like we are all going to rush off & give the guy our business or that anyone who sees it is going to think 'nice, [edited] I think I'll visit & spend a few bob' ............ please........... You've been got at & it's a nice little win for perky

Also note my previous post critical post has gone. How long for this one I wonder

Edited by jonni2bad

Apparently according to the mods an email address given when we register is not personal info held by CAG. A very strange thing to say. Also IP addresses captured by the site are presumably not personal info that CAG holds either. Now we see that posts which are even mildly critical of Perky are being systematically edited. The claim that publicly available information which is posted here is in any way invasive of privacy is a load of old baloney, with the greatest of respect.

What rules? Rules that say you can't mention someones already publicly available on the World Wide Web address ......... how odd?...

Rules of THIS site - the rules you agree to abide when when you sign up to use this site's facilities.

We're not concerned what might be available on the WWW, we're only concerned about this site.

Perhaps, if you posted without having to resort to personal insults, you wouldn't find your inbox full of CAGbot messages. Is it truly that difficult to refrain from it?

Apparently according to the mods an email address given when we register is not personal info held by CAG. A very strange thing to say. Also IP addresses captured by the site are presumably not personal info that CAG holds either...

I think you'll find that the post which this concerns actually ridiculed the notion that we hold personal information - it didn't say that we don't know your email address used in registration, or that we don't know the IP address used. It was very clear to me that is was saying we don't know who our visitors are because of this - and we don't.

You can register with an email address (that you sign up to for free) on an anonymous server, meaning that both parts of this info are completely irrelevant.

This too was stated to highlight that the supposed implication of a user knowing other users details - from us - was somewhere close to laughable. Why you would choose to believe that these bits of info are likely to lead to a user being personally identifiable are beyond me, but I am more than happy for you to explain in detail why they would be.

...Now we see that posts which are even mildly critical of Perky are being systematically edited...

No, what you see in your inbox is the result of posts which attack the person and are not necessary - or indeed welcome - or when a user makes remarks about a person or company that could lead to claims of defamation or libel etc.

As I have explained to you, these threats need not actually hold a great deal of water for it to become expensive for this site to defend.

Far better, would you not agree, to avoid such silly behaviour in the first place. You could, of course, set up your own site and freely state whatever you like...

Edited by jonni2bad

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

And Perky & Co is sitting back laughing just now, that he has managed to get the CAG Community to argue amoungst themselves....

Mean while back in reality, people are still needing help from people like ourselves who are getting issued with these unlawful invoices, instead of arguing amoungst ourselves, why not put it behind and move on?

I'm sure this is just what Perky & Co. are wanting, to break up sites like this and others, so that he can go out and earn some money again from drivers who aren't in the know and will pay up, but with forums just used as a slagging match of who said what, and what done what, and what can't be posted... move on.

Don't give Perky & Co, the pleasure.

Thanks

- Hobbie