Welcome Finance Investigation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it's taken so long to post Dipply

The Address the letter was from was

Aviva Insurance

The Warren

Warren Road

Worthing

West Sussex

BN14 9QD.

I think Welcome have changed there name now also. I got my latest credit file yesturday from Callcredit. And there down as Progressive Financial Services LTD now. Just thought i would mention it.

AL

I think you need to explain the FSA'a position on this as if I recall correctly the FSA states that such commissions AND there amounts (as this might reveal bias) should be revealed

SEEN YOUR POST JOHN

I HAVE A REPLY FROM THE FSA AND THE FOS

WHAT YOU SAY IS CORRECT, CONFIRMED

SO WHERE IS WELCOME GETTING THIS COMERCIAL SENSATIVITY LARK FROM

IT SEEMS ALL THOSE SAR HAVE BEEN RATHER LIGHT

GOT YOU NOW WELCOME

Back At Work In A Mo

See You Tonight

Its Dynamite And Blows Welcome/direct/norwich Union Out Of The Water

They Have Been Spilling Us Pure Crap Ref Corporate Sensativity And Not At Liberty To Disclose

Hi Everyone.

Finally received a reply from the ICO.

Still having Scanner problems so here is the gist of it.

From the information you have provided there is no strong indication that Welcome Finance have failed to comply with the sixth principle in this case. This is because after contacting Welcome Finance about the information you feel was not disclosed, they replied by saying that they have sent you all the personal information they hold in relation to your account.

In terms of your list of missing information, it appears likely that what you have described may not be able to be disclosed under the subject access request, or you are likely to have been provided it in another form as part of Welcome Finance's original response.

In light of this it is my assessment that it likely that Welcome Finance has complied with the DPA in this case.

As I have now made my assessment, the matter is considered as closed. I appreciate this this is unlikely to be the assessmeny you were hoping for, and i can only apologise again for the delay in responding to you.

Just incase anyone was wondering the sixth principle says that "personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of the data subjects under the Act", This includes the right to access personal data.

AL

What the hell is that? What a cop out!

So, what he is saying is "if welcome say you've had everything, you've had everything"?

I would be rather upset at being treated as stupid in not realising that what you are fighing to get, they have probably already provided you this (and what, you've just not noticed???)

Have they even bothered to check with Welcome if the missing info CAN or CAN't be disclosed under the SAR?

I would complain about the ICO bitterly - they have obviously not even looked into this as their whole response is "welcomes word is law, we haven't actually asked them anything and think you have not noticed you already have it"

Am sorry to rant but that is shocking!!!:mad:

(Hope you are well :))

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

send it back to the ICO and ask for their internal complaints department also send a copy to your MP stipulating the facts as you see it

i really think it is time the ICO was disbanded as a useless organisation and certainly not value for money

patrickq1

If, having exhausted our case review and service complaints procedure, you remain dissatisfied about any aspect of any service you have received from us or think we have not acted properly or fairly, you can take the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

Complaints to the Ombudsman must be made through your MP. For further information about the Ombudsman’s service please visit their website ( www.ombudsman.org.uk ) or call their Helpline on 0845 015 4033.

If your complaint relates to the way in which we have interpreted the law then the Ombudsman cannot help you. If you want to challenge our interpretation of the law, you should consider seeking legal advice.

make your complaint to your MP and also send a complaint back to the ICO and ask for their internal complaints department as you find their reply both inadequate and questionable as to just what have they done to investegate your complaint also you wish to see what steps they had yaken to investegate your complaint ?

patrickq1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Sorry not been on for a while - not enough hours in the day :)

Finally received response from the Ombudsman Service I've put the links to the letters below.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/jensenjaredaholic/Documents004.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/jensenjaredaholic/Documents005.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/jensenjaredaholic/Documents006-1.jpg

Just wanted to see if anybody wanted to make any more comments or anything before i send the Settlement Form back.

AL :)

Long Time No See Animal Lover

Usual Slap On The Wrists To Justify There Exsistance Then The Crunch

TheY Agree As Usual To Welcome Misselling

Please Pm Me Or Post What Settlement Option They Recomend

The Importance Is You Are Not Out Of Pocket In Any Settlement

Hi postggj.

Not to sure what the settlement options are it wasn't in the letter.

I'm hoping it's the same as the previous letter i received back in March this year. I posted the letter up on one of the pages.

In that letter if i remember rightly it was to refund all premiums paid plus 8% interest, £200 compensation and too put the account back into how it was at the beginning minus the PPI. But the letter i received in March is alot different to this one i've received. in the sense that this one seems to be more on Welcomes side than mine.

so not sure

AL

Hi

Send them a letter telling them you will report them to the Office of Fair Trading. That should do the trick.

Also any correspondence you send must always be sent recorded delivery and never ever telephone companies.

If you can it might be worth going into the branch and confronting the Account Manager that sold you the loan and getting them to admit that they didn't tell you about their PPI.

Postggj,

I emailed the adudicator at the Ombudsman Service on Tuesday because of the length of time from getting a reply to when the settlement letter has got to be back in. He emailed me back saying he will find out what the FOS have agreed and that he will let me know early next week because he is off for a few days. so if that's the case it should be what it was in their previous letter ie account back into how it would of been minus the PPI, Compensation plus refund of PPI plus Interest :)

but i'll let you know when i receive a further reply

AL

Exactly

You Want A New Agreement From Fresh

The Original Amount Borrowed

The Same Apr

The Same Term Of The Loan

Then Have All Your Payments Credited

You Will Have No Penalty Charges

No Ppi

It Will Be Like You Just Walked Into A Welcome Office

(a Welcome Virgin) But A Lot Wiser

And A Few Hundred Quid Compensation

Insist On Any Settlement The Removel Of The Default And Get It In Writing From The Fos

Welcome Have Had There Wrists Slapped By The Fos (again)

No Wonder They Want It Done And Dusted Quickly

All These Complaints And Awards Against Welcome Are Mounting Up