• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Finance Investigation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi can someone help me with this ? i,m looking to reclaim ppi sold to me by welcome finance. thing is this i was advised by the salesman at the time of sale regarding ppi . my question is this ... Are people who sell or advise on finacial products supposed to licenced ? i thought this was the case my agreement was in jan 2006 just in case the rule came in after this

IMO send the complaints form that you can download from the websites of the above you mention and just get the ball rolling. if you want to issue proceedings against the company on fraud first consider how you would achieve this, do you have access to legal counsel, look at the legal services commission website and ring them for advice also. many firms do dodgy things and we all know they do but proving it is the issue. good luck anyway.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

On the FOS website you can fill it in online but i don't want to do that untill i have some advice on my letters above to know what to put in and if i need to change anything. Any help would be great and desperatley needed. Thanks

Hi Animal Lover, soso sorry you've been waiting all this time! I haven't been able to get on much lately but will have a look over those letters in the next half hour and see if I can help at all.

Be back....

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

hi dipply

see what you can come up with for animal lover

i know you have had the misfortune of ppi with welcome, as mine was with the agreement, you are better suited. as they say been there, done that , got the tshirt.

i think your knowledge and experience of ppi and welcome is better than most.

Was thinking along the lines of this?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to make an official complaint about Welcome Financial Services and there failure to fully comply with my Subject Access Request dated the 27th June 2008.

I received a reply to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), dated the 2nd July 2008 which was incomplete. I sent a Non-Compliance letter on the 15th July 2008 which included a list of all the information missing which I required but their response was only a copy of the same information i received in my original request. Welcome Financial Services are now refusing to give me this information (add what reason they gave, if any). I require this information to support a complaint against Welcome Financial Services being lodged with the Financial Ombudsman Service and it is therefore my belief that Welcome are purposefully withholding this information.

I have enclosed copies of all correspondence/documentation, I hope this helps to resolve my complaint.

I would be grateful if you could investigate this non-compliance urgently but should you require any further details please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to your earliest response,

Yours faithfully

animal_lover

Added bits n bobs in that may help, its up to you if you want to mention Welcome holding back the info on purpose :)

I will have a look over the FOS letter but will be going over this thread first. You should have a read through if you are going to the FOS now, it should help you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/136654-complaining-financial-ombudsman-service.html

Be back soon :D

Edited by Dipply75

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Thats a thought postggj, I am sure a final response letter has been received so I take it they are trying to stall/obstruct the FOS complaint?

Animal lover, I think you should put your initial complaint into the FOS now and add in that there will be more info to follow (working on letter for you), say you cannot include this as Welcome are purposefully withholding it and a complaint has been made to the Information Commissioners Office.

Send the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) complaint letter to the Information Commissioners Office and send a copy to Welcome, with a covering letter stating :

As per the enclosed letter your non-compliance with my SAR and subsequent refusal to supply this information breaching my rights under the Data Protection Act, has now been reported to the Information Commissioner. The 40day period for my Subject Access Request expired on the . Therefore, if the missing information is not forthcoming in 7 days please supply a valid reason why each piece of information cannot be supplied.

See if that shifts them a bit lol

Edited by Dipply75
missed a bit

Dipply75

Am back :D

FOS letter.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to make a complaint about Welcome Financial Services regarding the mis-selling of Payment Protection Insurance which was added to my unsecured personal loan (ref no XXXXXX). I was unaware that PPI was added to my loan agreement at the time of signing. It has only become apparent to me after the recent coverage by the media, and following the recent OFT and FSA investigations regarding the mis-selling of ppi by finance companies. This is when I decided to check my loan with Welcome Finance and was shocked to discover I had bought an extremely expensive and useless policy, without my knowledge or consent.

I took out the loan in November 2006 at the Cholton, Manchester branch number 072. I was initially advised I could only borrow half of the amount I applied for. The salesperson even stated that 'she wasn't allowed to' but she really wanted to "help" me. This was the same person who completed my loan application. This raises serious concerns as if I was apparently borrowing to the limit (or possibly past) of my means, how was I able then to take credit for such an expensive policy. The other option is that the salesperson misled me into believing I could only borrow half the amount applied for so I would have enough 'credit' left to accomodate the PPI.

During the whole process there was no mention of Payment Protection Insurance. All the figures quoted to me were, as far as I was aware, just the loan figure as no Insurances were discussed, offered or seperate breakdowns given. The loan actually had PPI included but was never offered and therefore without my consent. I have also never received any documentation regarding my policy nor any information about who holds my policy, either at the time or afterwards.

I must also point out this is still the case despite a full SAR being made on , a non compliance letter sent on and now a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office as Welcome now refuse to supply me with this basic information. I can therefore only assume that Welcome's intention is to delay and/or obstruct this complaint.

I believe this policy was mis-sold because:

1- Welcome Financial Services added Payment Protection Insurance to my loan without my knowledge or consent.

2- Welcome have never supplied any documention regarding my policy or who it is with, despite a full SAR and numerous requests. I was also therefore unaware of any cancellation rights I may have had or of the policies suitability.

3- Medical History - If they had asked me about any exsisting medical conditions they would of known that xxxxx,xxxxx and xxxxx would of made any claim invalid.

4- was never given the opportunity or enough time to read and check the documents. I was simply told where to sign.

5- All dates and and printed versions of my name are not my handwriting and I believe this is a fraudulent attempt to prove I accepted this PPI.

6- when taking out the loan I was advised the APR was a lot lower than is stated on my Credit Agreement.

7-The PPI was added automatically therefore I wasn't even given the option of finding a cheaper insurance elsewhere.

8 - I understand under the Consumer Credit Acts and following a House of Lords judgment, that it is not allowed to make a loan conditional on taking PPI unless you include the costs of PPI as part of the charge for credit and not the credit itself. Welcome added the PPI to the total for credit and then charged me further interest on the premium on top of the interest for the loan.

I have also included the full and final response I have received from Welcome Financial Services in respect of my complaint.

I hope this information is enough to investigate and resolve my complaint but should you require any further information please do now hesitate to contact me. I look forward to your earliest response

Yours faithfully

animal _lover

How does that read to you? No 8 on the letter I took from a letter Hellhasnofury used in a case which he eventually won (thankyou HHNF!). Up to you if you want to include this, I will be asking more about this little gem as it will help my fight to, I want to understand more about this.

Leme know if its not what you had in mind though! I tend to geet a bit carried away :rolleyes:

Dipply75

I think it's great. Do you think it would be better to send it recorded delivery or fill in the online forms. I don't know the first thing about writing letters like this as you might of noticed from my attempts and i'm not very good with the acts and the law side of things. I think that's my main downfall in writing letters like this.

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH

ok, i'll do that. on the form though it asks for the name of insurer, name of policy holder, policy number and also asks if i have contacted my insurer about the problem and who i spoke to or had contact with. but since i don't know who my insurer is do i just put Welcomes details and my account number and name as appears on the agreements etc... Thanks

I see what you mean lol. I suppose you can only put welcomes name in and you could put broker in brackets after it maybe for the the contact you have made and details etc

For policy number/insurer you could just put unknown. That is about as accurate as you can be really. I could not write letters for going into a great big story at first lol, but you pick up so much from the help on here, you'll be doing letters for others in no time, you'll see!

just glad we can help : )

Dipply75

Yep i'll put that as they will be able to see why further down with it being in the letter that i don't know who my insurer is and that Welcome won't give me the info. I'll just have to keep practicing.

Thanks again :)

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been able to send the complaint forms yet as my work is messing me around with the money they owe me. I've got a thread up about it on the Employment thread anyway i was wondering if i could have some help with my Welcome charges. Here is the link to my thread Thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/148802-welcome-finance-charges.html

Sorry to bring up old news from http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1634864.html

IT IS COMPANY POLICY THAT 2 loans cant be given out at the same address

But I find this comment strange and incorrect as I've 2 accounts with WFS one car and one loan, well did have 3 but refinanced one loan into another one.

Which Im going to claim soon for 3 loads of PPI.

Best of luck to the OP here with his claim.

Regards