• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance Investigation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a letter to Welcome Finance on the 12th May to request a refund of all premiums and intrest on my account as they mis-sold the policy. They just added it to my account i wasn't even aware i had PPI until i looked at my credit agreement a few weeks ago.

How long should i give them before contacting tham again as it's been nearly 4 weeks already.

Also does anyone know where i can get my agreement checked as i have a feeling that it's not legit, And judging by everything else i've witnessed and read it wouldn't supprise me

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you scan it to your PC and remove all your personal details (e.g name, address account No, signature) then you can upload it to photobucket and post it in here. Then hopefully someone will take a look for you :) Out of interest when was your agreement taken out?

In my dealings with welcome I found they just didn't answer so I kept writing every 3 weeks or so until it was time to raise the grievance with the FOS.

the loan was taken out in December 2006

I'm having trouble with my scanner at the minuate so i can't post it onto the forum but once i've sorted it i'll post it.

I'll send them a letter for an update on the investigation and see what they say

I'm affriad I know very little about CCA but hopefully someone who does willl be along soon. I would say though its very hard to read (the prints too small) it might help if you could make it clearer at all? (or is the copy you have difficult to read?)

Does the annual interest rate say 55.50%????? If so that is outragous?

Just thinking out loud but this document doesn't appear to have a way for you to opt out of the PPI? (I think usually theres a box to tick if you want it) unless I'm missing it?

If so did you get any other docs where you have actually agreed to the PPI?

Also I thought that over a certain figure for interest rate was considered extortionate (I'm sure I read it somewhere). Wonder if someone more knowledgable could also advise re the interest rate?

It's the copy they sent me it's very hard to read.

It says the annual interest is 65.50%, i didn't realise it was that much they told me alot lower when i took it out.

But it doesn't surprise me as when i first got accepted for the loan they said it was for the full amount i'd asked for but when i got there she said they couldn't give me that she then said she would give me half of it even though she shouldn't but she really wanted to "help" me. At the time i was desperate i really needed whatever i could get and being so niave went for the first thing i was offered.

What i huge mistake and even that's an understatement :-(

I didn't even know i had PPI until a few weeks ago it was never mentioned to me, i can't see anything about opting out of it either. It was all sent in the post but i didn't recieve anything about PPI,

Thanks for your help, hopefully i can get this sorted A.S.A.P

Edited by animal_lover

hi animal lover

do not send any correspondents to your local office.

send every thing to welcomes compliance department in nottingham.

welcome are very good at ignoring you as the term trained monkeys operate at local level.

prepare for battle as they hope you will give up and go away.

a few questions to ask

was the person who sold you the policy qualified to give advice and selling

did they ask if you had any medical problems that may invalidate the insurance

double check that you do have insurance,

find out who the policy is held with as welcome only sell the policy at a fat commission.

if they do not tell you do an sar and do check YOU DO HAVE A POLICY

An SAR is probably a good idea anyway cause from my own experience their paperwork can be awful and may aid your claim (they even sent my friend confirmation of the big fat commission figure their sales staff got for selling them PPI!).

I guess you should be able to tell if you are paying for PPI by the amount of your monthly payments compared with the figures on that CCA (I tried to see if I could work it out but the figures are very hard to read!).

I can't believe the interest rate is 65.5 that is outragous!!

I know that a copy of your credit agreement must be readable so it might be worth requesting a legible copy of your credit agreement when you are making your SAR!

Hi, Is the compliance department at the same address as there Head Office, I'm sure i've seen it somewhere but i can't find it.

was the person who sold you the policy qualified to give advice and selling

I'm not sure,

No they didn't ask me about any medical problems i had,

It says on my Credit Agreement under Insurances

1st person PAP(Don't know what that is)

"Optional" Payment Protection Insurance

Does that help?

I'll send a letter tomorrow asking them who holds my policy, and if i still have one

hear is the address

welcome financial services ltd

compliance dept

ruddington fields business park

ruddington

nottingham

ng11 6nz

you have a good case allready if medical questions were not asked

but be prepared to issue a court n1 for them to start talking to you

you will then have the court behind you for them to release documents

lets hope this time it does not come to that

maybe a mod can send a pm to peter barred on this one to check the agreement

i know in my case the acceptance fee and the total ammount for credit was welcomes downfall a no no

im sure a cagger who knows ppi will be along to lend a hand

Thank you, I'll post it tomorrow

It would be great if someone could check it, I have a funny feeling that it's not right somewhere.

How do i go about getting Peter Barred to look at it?, Do i have to send a pm to a mod?

I'm easily confused :)

mods regular check the threads so they will prob to it

ill check back in a few days

again in my case the agreements welcome do are nothing but bog roll,

but they could be getting better at it

may i ask when did you take out the agreement

all i can say at the moment is you are in good hands on this forum

welcome gave me four years of hell before i found cag

you realise now welcome is my pet hate

they are nothing but loan sharks causeing misery to untold people

once they get there claws into you it is hard to get out

you can get out useing this forum, you just have to pick at there unethical dealings

ok great, yep i don't think i've spoke to anyone who has a good thing to say about them, if i could go back in time i would'nt of taken the loan it has completely ruined my credit file. but i suppose everyone thinks that.

Do you think i'll have good cause to ask them to remove the default as for 1 they didn't give me a notice or whatever it is there supposed to send and i also fell behind with payments now i've realised i've got PPI that's probably why. i'm sure i could of kept up with the payments had it ov been for that.

I took out the loan in December 2006

the last thing welcome will do is default you

they want to squeeze every last pent out of you

yes if they have now defaulted you a default notice will have been sent out first

your sar will reveal if any

if no default notice no default should be on your credit file, be be prepared for battle

i had to take them to court for my default

do you remember signing for ppi

you hear horror stories of it being added later for commission for the salesman

like i said, been there done that so i know how they operate

I don't remember signing anything for PPI, but even if i did i wouldn't of realised as nothing had been mentioned about it.

I don't remember getting a default notice and the default is on all 3 credit files and on one of them the account is down as closed

Subscribing and wishing you good luck - am pulling all my info together for my complaint with these gits.

I know the 'I really want to help you' best friend routine they use - smiling while ripping you off when you are desperate - you're not alone there ; )

Oh, and different company but about the extortionate credit thing - I got some junk mail in from Provident advertising loans at 183%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can they even say that, I mean, seriously????!!!!!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Subscribing and wishing you good luck - am pulling all my info together for my complaint with these gits.

I know the 'I really want to help you' best friend routine they use - smiling while ripping you off when you are desperate - you're not alone there ; )

Oh, and different company but about the extortionate credit thing - I got some junk mail in from Provident advertising loans at 183%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can they even say that, I mean, seriously????!!!!!

Oh my word.. that is outrageous.. :shock:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...